• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men: Phoenix Endsong

ZeroDarkThirty

Civilian
Reaction score
Disclaimer-I do not own X-Men movies, comics, shows, etc. This is a sequel to the previous stories, X-Men: Ascent of the Phoenix, and The Hope Serum.

INT. ANNANDALE-ON-HUDSON-EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO

Two teenage girls, JEAN GREY and ANNIE RICHARDSON were racing each other on their bikes throughout the neighborhood. They were riding towards the mailbox which Annie reached first. She then hit the breaks and looked over at her best friend with a look of triumph.

ANNIE:
That's three in a row. You have to do my biology homework too.

Jean sighed, she looked like something was bothering her.

JEAN:
Why don't we go back to my house?

ANNIE:
No way, I'm not going all the way back there. Let's go by the lake.

INT. WOODS

The two girls rode their bikes through the woods, only a few yards away from a long empty road that intersected the woods by the lake. Annie took the lead when suddenly Jean halted.

Annie rode her bike to the roads pavement but sensed that her friend was no longer racing. She stopped and looked over her shoulder. Jean clutched at her head as a hundred voices spoke to her at the same time. They never stopped and she was having these problems just recently. Annie was the only one Jean trusted enough to tell about them.

ANNIE:
What's wrong, Jean?

JEAN:
It's those voices again.

Annie rolled her eyes.

ANNIE:
Well…tell them to leave you alone.

JEAN:
I'm serious, Annie. Let's go back.

ANNIE:
Oh come on, we're right here, the lake is right across the woods over there.

Annie then pointed at the desired location but Jean just shook her head.

JEAN:
Let's go back. Please, let's just go.

ANNIE:
Why? We're right next to it.

JEAN:
Something's wrong. I don't know, I just have a bad feeling. And I'm usually right.

Annie let out a heavy sigh.

ANNIE:
Okay, but I get to pick what we do when we get back.

JEAN:
Fine with me.

The voices still didn't stop but her friend agreeing to return made her feel a little better. But before Annie had time to ride her bike off the street a drunk driver behind the wheel of a Ford pickup came out of no where, careening towards her. The young girl let out a blood curdling scream before she was crushed underneath the tires.

JEAN:
ANNIE!

Jean jumped off her bike before falling to her knees as she screamed, shaking as tears cascaded down her cheeks. She then looked at the DRIVER through the window of his vehicle and a dark feeling of rage consumed her.

Suddenly, the lightbulbs of the street lights began to pop and glass showered down upon the street. Then the electric cables started to be ripped apart from the wooden telephone polls, sparks fell upon the long empty street. Trees behind Jean began to sway violently as if there was a hurricane in the area which resulted in some of them snapping as if they were toothpicks before being blown away. The truck that hit Annie then sped off, trying to escape the havoc that was suddenly unleashed. Jean's eyes followed the car and just as quickly as it took off, the car was levitated high into the air by some abnormal telekinetic force.

It flew backwards for a few seconds as it continued to raise up to about fifty feet off the ground. Before it had a chance to crash back down, the truck imploded in mid-air. Glass and metal showered down and the driver was instantly killed. The truck crashed to the ground, crushed up into a ball.

Jean had walked down to the road and was now kneeling beside the body of her best friend. She tightly grabbed Annie's hand as Jean sobbed uncontrollably, the disastrous catastrophe continuing around her...

INT. THE GREY HOUSE-TWO WEEKS LATER

A Rolls Royce pulled up outside and parked along the curb with a younger, more vibrant, and still close friends, CHARLES XAVIER and ERIK LEHNSHERR sitting in the backseat, being driven by a younger HENRY MCCOY.

HENRY:
This is the place, gentleman.

Xavier eyed the house.

XAVIER:
She's already reading our thoughts. This one is special.

ERIK:
Maybe we should wait a little while.

HENRY:
We could play twenty questions in the meantime.

Erik rolled his eyes.

ERIK:
On second thought, let's just head in.

HENRY:
Suit yourself.

Erik exited the car and got Xavier's wheelchair out from the trunk. Once Xavier placed himself in it, they began making their way up to the front door. Erik rang the doorbell and after a few moments the door was answered by ELAINE GREY, the mother of the girl they were here to see.

ELAINE:
Oh, hello. Are you-

XAVIER:
Yes, we spoke on the phone yesterday. I'm Charles Xavier and this is my associate, Erik Lehnsherr.

ELAINE:
Please, come in.

INT. LIVING ROOM

Elaine led Xavier and Erik into the living room where her husband JOHN was waiting. He stood up as the three came in. He motioned for them to sit on the sofa while he sat with his wife on the couch across from them.

JOHN:
Are you the ones from the school?

Erik helped Xavier out of the wheelchair so he could sit next to him on the sofa.

XAVIER:
Yes.

JOHN:
Do you think you can help her?

XAVIER:
We need to know when it all started. But, before anything, be careful with your words. She is listening to everything we're saying.

Canvas on the wall then rumbles, as a flower vase falls from a piece of furniture to the ground, shattering. Elaine jumped and becomes more nervous.

ELAINE:
You see? It's like that all the time. And to know that I can't help her is frustrating...

XAVIER:
Usually, these events are triggered by extreme stress.

Erik, in his ever imposing, prideful and softly sarcastic way towards humans responds;

ERIK:
Has she received any kind of...mistreatment?

John noticed the way he speaks and is not flattered.

JOHN:
No. Jean is the most precious thing we have in our lives.

ERIK:
Thing?

XAVIER:
Erik-

ELAINE:
Wait...John, it all started when...when her best friend Annie died.

Now looking at Erik and Xavier she continued;

ELAINE: (Con't)
She was struck by a drunk driver. Jean saw the whole thing.

XAVIER:
How is she, right now?

ELAINE:
She knows something's wrong, that obviously something's different about her.

John then spoke up again.

JOHN:
Jean is a good girl...she has never given us trouble until...this.

XAVIER:
May we speak to her?

John and Elaine exchanged worried glances.

JOHN:
Alright.

John then went to call over his shoulder but Jean had already walked into the room. He smiled as he got up and gently led her to the couch.

JOHN: (Con't)
Jean, this is Mr. Xavier and Mr. Lehnsherr. They would like to speak with you for a minute.

Jean took a seat in between her parents and in an instant, both John and Elaine freeze, becoming living statues. Xavier looked at Jean and smiled.

XAVIER:
Hello Jean.

Jean didn't answer as she looked from Xavier to Erik.

XAVIER: (Telepathically)
It's very rude you know, to read my thoughts or your parent's without our permission.

Jean's brows furrow in confusion.

JEAN:
You were in my head.

XAVIER: (Out Loud)
Just as you were in mine.

ERIK:
Did you think you were in the only one of your kind, young lady?

JEAN:
What kind?

Xavier smiled.

XAVIER:
We're mutants, Jean. We're like you.

JEAN:
Really? I doubt that.

EXT. ANNANDALE-ON-HUDSON

Outside, all of the cars on the street begin to levitate high into the air. Hank, who was reading the newspaper while waiting inside the Rolls Royce then suddenly realized he was high in the air.

HANK:
Woah, woah!

MR. LEE watched in awe as his hose begins to snake up by itself, the water pouring up into the air, and MR. CLAREMONT chased after his lawnmower, which has taken on a life of its own. The bag of a MAILMAN was opened up and letters began littering the air as NEIGHBORS began to slowly come out of their houses to see what was going on.

INT. THE GREY HOUSE-LIVING ROOM

Xavier and Erik looked through the window at the phenomenon.

ERIK:
Oh, Charles.

Erik began as he looked over at the other man with a grin on his face.

ERIK: (Con't)
I like this one.

Xavier took one last glance outside before looking back at the girl.

XAVIER:
Jean, you have more power than you can imagine.

However, Jean showed no sign of strain, or even of listening to him. She just stared at him with lifeless eyes.

XAVIER: (Con't)
The question is, will you control that power…

Jean suddenly lost control, and the cars come crashing down all at once.

XAVIER:
…or will you let it control you?

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-ORORO'S BEDROOM-PRESENT DAY

ORORO MUNROE opened up her eyes as she was laying in bed, a strong arm around her waist and another arm under her neck. She turned over so that she was facing LOGAN. Raising up her hand, Ororo touched the side of Logan's face before leaning in and lightly kissing him.

ORORO:
Good morning.

LOGAN:
Hmm.

Logan shifted but didn't open his eyes. Ororo then sat up and looked at the clock that was on her night stand. It read twelve-thirty in the afternoon.

ORORO:
Oh, damn.

That put Ororo in motion as she got out of bed and began to quickly change.

LOGAN:
What is it?

ORORO:
It's twelve-thirty. I can't believe we slept in that long.

LOGAN:
Well, we did have a long night.

Ororo playfully narrowed her eyes at him.

ORORO:
Come on, get up. You know the Professor wants all of us outside today.

LOGAN:
I don't see what the point is.

ORORO:
He's trying to get us back on track.

It was a hot afternoon today in Westchester and it had been nearly a month since Jean's return, as well as the death of both Henry McCoy and Jubilation Lee. The Professor wanted this day to start the healing process for all of them.

LOGAN:
Hey, if you're going downstairs bring me back a beer, would you?

Ororo snorted.

ORORO:
If you want a beer, you can go help yourself.

LOGAN:
And all you have to do-

ORORO:
Spare me your remarks, Logan. It's a perfectly sunny afternoon and everyone is outside but us. And I'm not going to let you ruin my day.

Logan finally opened up his eyes to see that Ororo was now wearing a black bikini that perfectly showed off her beautiful body. As she opened the door and left the room, Logan took a deep breath as he threw the covers off himself and got to his feet.

INT. ROGUE'S BEDROOM

ROGUE had just finished changing into a special material of clothes, very thin and resistant, allowed her to enjoy a sunny day outside without the suffocating under layers of protective clothes that made it safe for her and everyone else close by. Opening up the top drawer of her dresser, Rogue pulled out a pair of white gloves that was sitting on top of an envelope.

She looked down at the envelope for a moment before picking it up and pulling out the test tube that contained the last sample of the mutant cure. Rogue looked at it almost everyday since Hank had given it to her, and she didn't know what was stopping her from taking it.

Rogue then put it back, pulled on her gloves and hurried out of the room.

INT. HALLWAY

She closed her door behind her and went to move along when she accidently ran into someone.

ROGUE:
Sorry.

Rogue was a little embarrassed as she looked up to see who it was. GAMBIT smiled down at her as Rogue couldn't help but gaze at his red-on-black eyes.

REMY:
Hello, Chere.

Remy then tipped an imaginary hat at Rogue.

REMY: (Con't)
I don't believe we've been properly introduced. My name's Remy LeBeau. You are?

ROGUE:
Rogue. How come you're not outside with everyone else?

Remy shrugged a shoulder.

REMY:
I don't know. I guess I still feel a little awkward being here.

ROGUE:
Where were you before?

REMY:
I was the best thief in New Orleans.

Rogue raised an eyebrow at the proud tone in Remy's voice. It was like he wore that title with a badge of honor. She then noted his accent.

ROGUE:
You're Cajun, aren't you?

Remy nodded.

REMY:
Born and bred.

Rogue snorted and Remy cocked his head.

Som'tin' wrong, Chere?

ROGUE:
A swamp rat.

Remy, far from looking insulted, beamed at her.

REMY:
You've already got a pet name for me? How sweet. And judging by your accent I'd say you'd be a river rat. Mississippi, right?

Rogue scowled but didn't respond as Remy grinned, knowing he guessed correctly.

The states of Louisiana and Mississippi share the great border of the mighty river. The way I see it we're kissing cousins.

Rogue stared at Remy's eyes that were concentrating completely on her, the message they whispered was almost...seductive. His gloved hand then moved a little closer towards hers but Rogue shook her head.

ROGUE:
Keep your hands and your perverted thoughts to yourself.

REMY:
Of course. I'm sure I'll see you around. Nice ta talk with you, Chere.

He then spun on his heels and began to walk away when Rogue asked;

ROGUE:
Why do you keep calling me that?

He stopped in his tracks.

REMY:
It means 'dear' in French.

Remy then turned his head back to look at her, winked, and then continued on till he turned a corner. Rogue couldn't help the smile that came to her face before she began heading for the staircase.

INT. PATIO-AFTERNOON

A couple of the younger STUDENTS were playing in the pool with PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER. They were tossing a beach ball at one another as JEAN GREY and KITTY PRYDE were sunbathing on deck chairs. They had been quiet until Kitty turned her head and brought up the subject of Warren. Knowing what Jean had done for other people, Kitty included, she thought that their could be a chance for the former Archangel.

KITTY:
Do you think you could help him too?

JEAN:
I don't know, maybe. You say he had wings?

KITTY:
Yeah, they had to be amputated cause of how damaged they were.

JEAN:
I would have to regrow his wings, basically restore his mutation. I haven't done something like that yet, but...it's possible I guess.

KITTY:
All he needs is possible. I talked to his father the other day and he said that Warren isn't doing well at all. He misses not being able to fly so much.

Meanwhile over at the grill, SCOTT SUMMERS stood in front of it as he was cooking hamburgers and hotdogs for everyone. As he turned the burgers over he noted that his right wrist was starting to turn a bright pinkish color. His younger brother ALEX walked up next to him.

ALEX:
I'm starting to get worried.

SCOTT:
Yeah, I know. I don't think I put on enough sunscreen.

ALEX:
Well, there's that. But right now I'm worried that you're going to burn the burgers.

SCOTT:
In my entire time as chief barbecuer I have never once burned a burger.

Alex then looked to the ruby-red sunglasses on his face.

ALEX:
Why do you still wear the glasses if you don't need them?

SCOTT:
It's sunny out. Plus, I'm use to them.

Just then, both Logan and Ororo stepped out into the backyard. Once they reached the patio, everyone else already out there all turned to them and applauded. Logan growled low and stared at them all. His gaze then fell upon Xavier who was trying hard not to smile too widely.

XAVIER:
Glad you decided to join us, Logan.

LOGAN:
Yeah, yeah. Whatever, wheels.

XAVIER:
You need to come up with a new nickname.

LOGAN:
Don't worry, I will.

Ororo laid down on the empty lawn chair next to Jean. Sighing, Logan looked around for a task to do as there were no more empty chairs and he felt really out of place. He looked down at the Professor.

LOGAN: (Con't)
You need help with something? The food, perhaps?

JEAN:
Don't worry, Scott and Alex are handling the manly work.

Logan looked over at the brothers working the grill as too much smoke was now coming off as they began to argue with each other. Logan shook his head.

LOGAN:
They're failing miserably. Why am I not surprised?

Jean opened her eyes and narrowed them at a smirking Logan. She then telekinetically pushed him backwards so he landed in the pool, causing Xavier and the kids to laugh as Logan came up, sputtering.

INT. BASKETBALL COURT

PITOR RASPUTIN, THERESA CASSIDY, SAM GUTHRIE, JAMIE MADDROX, and TABITHA SMITH all stood waiting as they were getting ready to play a game. Sam bounced the basketball and looked on to see BOBBY DRAKE getting a plate of food for himself before heading inside.

SAM:
Hey, where's he going? I thought he was going to play with us.

PITOR:
The teams are going to be uneven now.

JAMIE:
That's not a problem.

Jamie then formed a second COPY of himself but Sam shook his head.

SAM:
Oh, hell no. It's bad enough having just one of you on a team.

JAMIE:
Hey! What's so bad about me?

Jamie and his copy both spoke the words at the same time.

SIRYN:
Name one thing you do well.

JAMIE:
I...I try really hard.

SAM:
Screw your trying hard. It doesn't score any points.

TABITHA:
Why don't we ask Rogue to play?

SAM:
Are you kidding? She can't even dribble the ball.

SIRYN:
I don't think what Rogue does could even be considered dribbling.

PITOR:
It's okay, Jamie and his copy can be on opposite teams. That way they both have an equally bad player.

JAMIE:
That's fine with me. I'll be on the winning team no matter what.

Pitor, Siryn, and Jamie were one team with the other team being Sam, Tabitha, and Jamie #2. Already having the ball, Sam traveled down the court with others heading after him. Once he got to the net, Sam rocketed up into the air as energy released itself from around his legs. It propelled him high up and he came back down, slamming the ball through the hoop.

PITOR:
Hey! No powers!

SAM:
Where's the fun in that?

SIRYN:
So that's how it's going to be?

SAM:
Yeah, and by the way it's make it, take it.

Sam went to take another shot but Siryn let out a scream, not ear-shattering but loud enough to throw Sam off his concentration and he missed. Jamie #2 picked up the ball and started to head to the opposite end of the court but he ended up running into the chest of a fully metaled up Pitor.

As Jamie #2 went down he grabbed the ball and dunked it in, almost breaking the hoop in the process but evening the score. Pitor regained control of the ball when Tabitha concentrated and formed a yellow orb, the size of a golf ball in the center of the court.

BOOM-BOOM!

The blast of mental energy propelled all of them off their feet. The sound attracted the attention of everyone else outside as they looked towards the basketball court, wide-eyed. Tabitha forced a smile as her face turned red with embarrassment.

TABITHA:
Sorry guys.

SAM:
Jesus, Boomer.

TABITHA:
So, I have issues. This is news?

Scott then called from the grill;

SCOTT:
Are you guys okay?

PITOR:
We're fine!

Pitor then looked to Jamie and his copy who hadn't gotten up.

PITOR: (Con't)
Sorta...

SAM:
He's better off that way, trust me.

Last edited:
INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-BASEMENT

In the center of the basement, a six-by-six prison cell stood. The cell was black and had a small cot, a sink and toilet inside the bars. PYRO was lying on top of the cot, his hands behind his head and a mutant inhibitor collar around his neck. A security camera had been hooked up in one of the corners of the room to watch his every move. Pyro got up once he realized Bobby was standing in front of the bars. He handed him a plate with a hamburger on it and a can of soda, his favorite one.

Pyro ignored the burger but opened the cherry Dr. Pepper. He tipped his head back and drank as Bobby watched; both impressed and worried at the speed his friend drained the beverage.

Pyro noted his expression and smirked.

PYRO:
What? It's the greatest drink ever invented.

BOBBY:
How are you feeling?

PYRO:
Oh, I'm just peachy Bobby. How about yourself?

BOBBY:
I can't complain.

PYRO:
Well, that makes one of us. Just how much longer am I going to be in this damn thing?

Bobby honestly didn't know. He had been told they were going to discuss whether or not to let Pyro rejoin them or turn him over to authorities. But with the funerals of both Hank and Jubilee, Jean's return, getting Scott's brother and the other new guy settled in and being in contact with the new Secretary of Mutant Affairs about mutant-related issues such as the importance of the upcoming Presidential election, Pyro really wasn't one of their top priorities at the moment. Not as long as he was stuck in this cell.

BOBBY:
We're still trying to get things back to normal around here. With what happened to Dr. McCoy, and Jubilee-

PYRO:
Oh, well boo-hoo for them.

Bobby's mouth slightly opened at his coldness.

BOBBY:
Jubilee was your friend, John.

PYRO:
She didn't like me. No one around here did.

BOBBY:
I did.

PYRO:
You don't count, you like everyone.

BOBBY:
Maybe if you agreed to join the team-

PYRO:
Save the recruitment speech. I'm not wearing one of those god-awful leather body suits. Tell the Professor to get a better uniform designer and then maybe we'll talk.

Bobby leaned forward and reached up, wrapping his hands around the bars. He then sighed heavily at the other boy's stubbornness.

BOBBY:
You said you left because I let you. Now I'm trying to help you but you don't want to be helped.

PYRO:
I just don't want to go backwards. I was doing fine before I ever came to this damn school in the first place.

BOBBY:
No you weren't. And you're not now either. You're always testing everyone. You push us all until we push back. Aren't you tired of it, John? Don't you ever quit?

PYRO:
Don't you get tired of trying to save people?

BOBBY:
I'm trying to save you.

PYRO:
Don't bother. I don't have any interest in playing your damsel in distress.

Pyro then laid back down on the cot and closed his eyes. Bobby then looked to his neck and saw a bunch of red marks on either side and knew he must have been trying to pull the collar off. It had been on for almost a month and Bobby could only imagine how crazy it must be driving him. Not just having to wear it, but the inability to use his powers was the worst thing. Bobby knew that because it's something only another mutant could understand.

BOBBY:
I'm sorry, John.

PYRO:
Don't be.

Bobby then let go of the bars and turned to leave when Pyro spoke up again;

PYRO: (Con't)
You know I'm not going to spend the rest of my life in a cell with this thing around my neck. One way or another, I'm not.

BOBBY:
John, you're in this mess because you put yourself in this mess. You became a criminal, a terrorist.

PYRO:
I wasn't a terrorist. I was a soldier. I did what I had to do.

BOBBY:
Whatever helps you sleep at night. It doesn't justify what you've done.

PYRO:
None of us are saints. You might think you're a hero, but heroes are just myths.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-EVENING-(OVERHEAD SHOT)

The activities of the day had died down by this time and everyone was back inside. A large silver metal SPHERE then comes into frame. It passes over the gates and floats above the school for a couple of moments before the sphere began to slowly lower itself until it settled right in front of the entrance.

The sphere then opened up and MAGNETO, wearing his usual cape and helmet stepped out of it. He eyed the front door for a moment before simply walking in, as he was far past proper etiquette.

INT. FOYER

As Magneto walked in, it was just his luck that Logan happened to be passing by just then. He froze when he saw the arch enemy of the team just standing there like it was nothing and quickly unearthed his claws from his knuckles.

LOGAN:
What the hell are you doing here?

He tried to approach him but was quickly thrown back against the wall by Magneto's powers. Slightly smirking, Magneto just shook his head. He then looked over and saw MARROW, the last remaining Morlock who had watched the exchange.

MAGNETO:
You, go get the Professor.

The girl nodded and quickly ran to the Professor's office.

INT. XAVIER'S OFFICE

The Professor had just gotten off the phone when Marrow ran in.

MARROW:
Professor! There's someone here that wants to see you!

Xavier glanced at the young girl, taken aback by the scared tone in her voice. He got up and walked with Marrow out of the office and down the hall.

INT. FOYER

To the bewilderment of Xavier he saw Magneto standing there, Logan pinned up against the wall by his power.

XAVIER:
Erik? What are you doing here?

Magneto took his attention off of Logan to look over at Xavier. Shock couldn't even begin to describe the look Magneto had on his face when he saw Xavier standing there, no wheelchair. He had to blink a few times to make sure this was real.

MAGNETO:
I didn't come here to fight.

He then released his hold on Logan who dropped to the floor.

MAGNETO: (Con't)
I just want to talk.

Xavier looked from his old friend to Logan, who was glaring at Magneto like there was nothing more he wanted then be able to rip him into pieces.

XAVIER:
Alright, let's go to my office.

INT. XAVIER'S OFFICE

Xavier took his seat behind the desk while Magneto sat in front of it.

MAGNETO:
Well, I must have really missed a lot since I've been away. You can walk again. How did it happen?

XAVIER:
What do you want, Erik? Why are you here?

Magneto smiled at Xavier ignoring his question.

MAGNETO:
Straight to the point. I came to ask you to accompany me somewhere, Charles.

XAVIER:
And where would that be?

MAGNETO:
Utopia. Paradise...for mutants. It's what I've been working very hard on over the last few months and I would like you to see it. If we leave now we can make it there by tomorrow morning.

Xavier shook his head.

XAVIER:
I'm afraid that's out of the question. I can't just leave, I'm waiting for a guest. She should be here sometime early tomorrow. I have to be here when she arrives. And forgive me if I don't fully trust you.

MAGNETO:
This isn't some sort of trick, I promise you. If you need proof...

Magneto then removed his helmet in order to allow the Professor to read his mind. Xavier did a quick scan of his mind.

XAVIER:
Alright. Tomorrow morning.

MAGNETO:
Very good. Once your guest is settled meet me at Washington Square Park.

Xavier nodded as he remembered that was where they use to play chess. Magneto got up and headed to the door to leave when Xavier's voice stopped him.

XAVIER:
What is this place called, Erik?

Magneto smirked as he looked back at him.

MAGNETO:
Genosha.

INT. STUDY

LOGAN:
What do you mean you're leaving with him?

Logan slammed his fist against the wall as he stood in front of the Professor along with Scott, Jean, and Ororo. Once Magneto had gone the Professor had gathered them all in the study to explain the situation.

XAVIER:
Calm down, Logan. Things will never be completely peaceful, but right now things are settled within the mutant community. There's been no word of Erik until tonight.

SCOTT:
I wish I had been the one who saw him first so I could have blasted him.

XAVIER:
I think you should be kinder to Erik, Scott.

SCOTT:
Why is that?

XAVIER:
Because I think he is the reason Jean is still alive.

Scott looked at Jean who was now staring at the Professor in confusion.

JEAN:
What do you mean by that?

XAVIER:
I think Erik's machine from Liberty Island is what caused your mutation to become so strong.

JEAN:
I thought you said it didn't affect mutants.

XAVIER:
I said it appeared to have no effect on mutants, from what I saw from Senator Kelly's memories.

SCOTT:
If that's true, then how come I wasn't affected? Or Logan, or Ororo?

XAVIER:
Because Jean was different from the rest of you. All of your mutations were fully developed already, Jean was still learning how to develop hers at the time.

There was silence in the room for a moment before Ororo spoke up.

ORORO:
I think you're making a big mistake, Professor.

XAVIER:
I'll be fine. I can handle myself.

ORORO:
I know, but still. Magneto could-

XAVIER:
Whatever Erik has been up to, whatever this 'Genosha' is, it would be nice to see firsthand.

Logan sighed.

LOGAN:
Alright, fine. We'll take care of things around here-

XAVIER:
Actually, I have a guest coming that will look over things while I'm gone.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-GROUNDS-FOLLOWING MORNING

A limousine pulled through the gates and came to a stop at the front door. The DRIVER got out and opened the door for the passenger riding in back. A long, white boot hit the ground as a young, beautiful, blonde haired woman stepped out wearing a white mink coat. Her name was EMMA FROST.

The driver knocked on the door and after a few moments it was answered by Kitty.

KITTY:
Can I help you?

EMMA:
I'm Emma Frost. You can take me to the Professor now.

KITTY:
O...kay.

INT. XAVIER'S OFFICE

Xavier, Logan, and Ororo were waiting in the office as Kitty led Emma in.

EMMA:
Hello, Professor Xavier.

XAVIER:
Miss Frost, I'm glad you could come.

EMMA:
It's Emma, Charles. I prefer to leave 'Miss Frost' to the students.

Logan cocked his head as he looked at the young woman.

LOGAN:
Really? You had to ask Barbie to come look after things when anyone of us could have?

Emma narrowed her eyes.

EMMA:
The Wolverine, eh?

LOGAN:
What's it to you?

EMMA:
I hear you're quite the animal.

Ororo glared at Emma.

ORORO:
I don't think we've been introduced.

Emma extended a white-gloved hand.

EMMA:
Emma Frost.

Ororo shook her hand briefly.

XAVIER:
Emma is the headmistress of the Massachusetts Academy.

EMMA:
My school's pupils are a tad more…selective than yours here.

XAVIER:
Nevertheless, with the increasing mutant population, I've been in contact with Emma over a possible merger.

EMMA:
Yes, but what is this about looking after things?

XAVIER:
I'm afraid a situation has come up that requires my attention. However, you'll still have the chance to become acquainted with the staff and students here.

EMMA:
Well, I certainly don't mind managing the school in your absence. I'm use to dealing with children.

She then glanced at Logan and looked him up and down.

EMMA: (Con't)
Hopefully they won't misbehave. Because the discipline will be severe.

Ororo noted the look on his face and gently took Logan by his wrist.

ORORO:
Excuse us. We have a training session to get to.

Logan allowed himself to be lead out of the room.

INT. HALLWAY

The two continued on as the heading to the Danger Room where the rest of the team was likely waiting for them.

ORORO:
Well...she seems uh, she's a...

LOGAN:
A real *****. This should be a fun couple of days.

Last edited:
INT. CONTROL ROOM

Cyclops and Havok were standing in front of the controls in uniform as the leader of the X-Men prepared the upcoming Danger Room session for the team.

CYCLOPS:
Listen, I don't know if you should be training with us today, Alex.

HAVOK:
Why not? You said yourself that I've improved faster than anyone you've ever seen.

CYCLOPS:
Yes, you've done very well. It's just, we're going to be doing the level ten exercise. Out of all of us only Jean, Ororo, and myself have done it.

HAVOK:
I can handle it.

Cyclops noticed the tone in his younger brother's voice.

CYCLOPS:
I'm just trying to look out for you.

HAVOK:
And I appreciate it. To a point.

CYCLOPS:
What does that mean?

HAVOK:
You can be very uptight, dude. You're going to snap one of these days if you don't loosen up.

CYCLOPS:
Somebody has to be the responsible one around here.

HAVOK:
It can't always be you.

Havok then glanced over the impressive looking control system again. He had honestly never seen anything like it.

HAVOK:
Who designed this thing anyway?

CYCLOPS:
A mutant named Forge. It was his power, being able to invent things like this.

Just then, Rogue appeared in the doorway not in uniform.

ROGUE:
Hey, I think I'm going to sit this one out.

CYCLOPS:
You sure?

ROGUE:
Yeah. I'm just not feeling it today.

CYCLOPS:
That's fine. Why don't you just stay in here? Remy should be down here soon, I asked him to come watch and learn.

ROGUE:
Remy.

Rogue muttered his name as the brothers left the room. She took a seat in front of the controls and pressed a button which caused the wall in front of her to disappear as the technology allowed her to watch the team train safely from the control room. Unbeknownst to her, Remy had silently entered the room and sat down beside her, smiling when she jumped in surprise.

ROGUE:
Hey. I didn't hear you coming.

REMY:
That's because I didn't make no noise. That's what made me a great thief.

He then reached into the inner pocket of his trench coat for a cigarette and lighter.

ROGUE:
Smoking is bad for your health, swamp rat.

Remy arched an auburn brow.

REMY:
You worried about this Cajun, river rat?

Rogue crossed her arms over her chest.

ROGUE:
Not really, no.

REMY:
Sure you're not, Chere.

He then squinted his eyes as he looked up at the ceiling.

I should'a brought my shades with me. These bright lights ain't too friendly with my eyes.

ROGUE:
That's what happens when you have devil eyes. They're more accustomed for darkness and sulfur.

Remy was quiet and his lips tightened at her words. Rogue then realized she may have struck some sort of nerve and rolled her eyes.

ROGUE: (Con't)
Don't be so sensitive. I like your eyes.

The corner of Remy's mouth tilted up in a half-grin.

REMY:
Good to know.

INT. THE DANGER ROOM

Cyclops, Phoenix, Havok, Iceman, Colossus, and Shadowcat stood in the center of the dome as they waited for the last two members.

COLOSSUS:
How long is the session going to be?

PHOENIX:
Ten minutes.

SHADOWCAT:
Ten minutes? Are you kidding?

PHOENIX:
Level ten. Ten minutes.

ICEMAN:
What's the objective?

CYCLOPS:
Survive.

Just then, Wolverine and Storm walked in the room wearing their uniforms as the doors closed behind them.

PHOENIX:
Where have you guys been?

WOLVERINE:
We had the pleasure of meeting the Professor's substitute. Wait until you get a load of her.

Finally, bright lights went off as the holographic technology began transforming the room. After a few more moments, the X-Men found themselves standing in the middle of a jungle.

INT. THE SAVAGE LAND

It was filled with thick trees with vines hanging from, plants, and a tangle of brush and vegetation. The room also simulated the wet tropical region with a hot, humid climate. Wolverine looked around at his surroundings in amazement.

WOLVERINE:
Are we going to be fighting a bunch of giant bugs and snakes?

STORM:
Not exactly.

Through the thick bushes, a creature with orange fur moved along. ZABU growled and crouched and prepared to strike. Havok did a double-take when he saw the hologram which then roared and lunged at him. Havok quickly jumped out of the way.

HAVOK:
Did you see that!? That's a god-damn sabretooth tiger!

The tiger leaps again, but Phoenix holds it back telekinetically before sending it flying yards away until it crashed head first into a thick tree. Shadowcat then saw a shadow pass over from above and looked up. Her eyes widened in shock.

SHADOWCAT:
Above us!

The rest of the X-Men looked up to see a seven-foot, green-skinned half-man, half-pterodactyl diving towards them from the sky. SAURON came at them with it's claws as the team hit the deck and the hologram creature blew over them.

ICEMAN:
What is that thing?

CYCLOPS:
That would be Sauron.

Phoenix tried to stop it but Sauron fired a beam from his eyes that struck her in the chest. It began firing more beams at them as the team scrambled out of the way. Wolverine then looked to Storm.

WOLVERINE:
Storm! Take care of that flying lizard!

Storm's eyes rolled up as she floated high into the air and soon came face to face with Sauron. The hologram dashed towards her but Storm summoned a tornado around her. Sauron was swept up inside and hurled away.

Down below, the X-Men all stood back to back in a circle as RAPTORS began charging at them. Colossus in his metaled up form lunged at two of then, grabbing them by their throats and slammed their heads together. Iceman formed a large ice shield which stopped one but was bit in the arm by another. He yelled out in pain before driving an ice-spike into the raptor's mouth. He then iced over his wound.

Cyclops and Havok were firing their respective blasts of energy at the raptors but as the first wave of them fell another group of a dozen began running towards them. Phoenix lifted up two large rocks and dropped it onto them, taking the second wave out all at once.

A third wave of raptors then charged, this time from the opposite side. A dark cloud formed overhead as Storm began blasting them with lightning bolts but she didn't notice Sauron flying right behind her and snatched Storm with it's claws. The hologram started draining her life force as she screamed. In her struggle, the storm clouds went wild and lightning bolts started hitting everything including her own teammates.

Colossus quickly grabbed two rocks off the ground and chucked them into the air, one of them hitting Sauron right in the head. It let go of Storm who fell to the ground, landing hard on her left side. Sauron let loose an angry screech and flew towards Colossus who quickly rolled out of the way of the incoming charge. Sauron passed over him but as it did a turn in mid-air and came back around, Havok nailed him with a powerful blast of energy, effectively taking care of it.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

The ground began to shake from side to side. Iceman looked over and his eyes widened when he saw a large RHINOCEROS charging them.

ICEMAN:
Look out!

INT. CONTROL ROOM

Rogue and Remy looked on in bewilderment as the X-Men scattered to avoid the rhino. However, Remy had been watching the whole thing with much more amazement then Rogue. She might have never done this session but she done all the others so it wasn't that much of a surprise to her.

REMY:
So, this is normal for you guys?

ROGUE:
Yeah. It's pretty normal.

REMY:
Fighting dinosaurs?

ROGUE:
We've fought robots, drones, aliens, monsters...so yeah. Normal.

Remy then blinked as he saw a man swing from a thick vines of one of the trees.

REMY:
I think I just saw Tarzan.

INT. THE SAVAGE LAND

KA-ZAR, a hologram of a muscular man with brown hair and wearing nothing but a loincloth swung on a vine, straight towards Wolverine. He grabbed a hold of him and kept going until he was a good distance away and slammed him hard to the ground.

A waterfall was in the background as Ka-Zar leap down and pulled out a sword that had been strapped to his back. Wolverine got back to his feet and cracked his neck.

WOLVERINE:
Bad move, bub. You've just pissed me off.

Wolverine charged at Ka-Zar with his claws. Ka-Zar swung his sword and the blades clashed, sparks flying into the air with each swing. Ducking his head, Wolverine grabbed onto one of the hologram's legs and launched him up in the air. Ka-Zar landed hard on the ground but quickly nipped back up.

Ka-Zar slashed Wolverine across his chest then leaped over him and stabbed him in the back. The hologram jumped away, dodging Wolverine's left hook as his wounds began to heal. Wolverine then came at Ka-Zar again, this time slashing his right arm. The two then clashed in another spectacle as the two then locked their blades together in a battle of strength.

Wolverine growled at his taller opponent as Ka-Zar then headbutted Wolverine, only to be left stunned. Wolverine seized his opportunity and came forward, stabbing Ka-Zar in the chest with his claws.

As the hologram fell to the ground, Wolverine snatched up his sword and stood over him.

WOLVERINE:
Sweet dreams pretty boy!

Wolverine brought the sword down upon Ka-Zar.

Elsewhere, deep into the jungle, Iceman and Shadowcat were doubled over both gasping for air as they had finishing running from the rhino which was now incased in a thick lair of ice.

A menacing growl from nearby caused the two to look behind them to see a robot.

A big robot.

A full-sized, red and yellow, TYRANNOSAURUS REX robot.

Iceman and Shadowcat looked at each other.

SHADOWCAT:
Run.

The two spun on their heels. Howling like lunatics and frantically waving their arms, the two X-Men ran across the jungle, the rex in pursuit. Eventually, it was getting too close and Shadowcat tackled Iceman, phasing the two of them so it passed harmlessly by. The same could not be said for Colossus as the T-Rex stepped on him, crushing him through the ground.

The T-Rex then roared as it was suddenly frozen in place. Phoenix was glowing with telekinetic energy as her eyes burned orange. Cyclops fired his optic blast at its torso. Havok send an energy blast at its legs. Iceman got back up and released a thick wave of frost at its back. Storm had recovered at this point and summoned a bolt of lightning at the T-Rex's head.

After all that, finally the big dinosaur went down. The X-Men then breathed in relief as the jungle began to fade away and the session came to an end.

INT. CONTROL ROOM

EMMA:
Extraordinary.

Rogue and Remy turned around to see that Emma Frost was standing behind them and had seen the end of the session. But her attention at that moment was only on one person.

ROGUE:
Are you the one watching the school for the Professor?

EMMA:
Who is he?

Emma nodded towards Cyclops, ignoring the question.

ROGUE:
That's Cyclops. He's the leader of the X-Men.

EMMA:
Hmm.

Emma ran her index finger across her lips as she continued to look him up and down before smiling. She then turned away and walked out of the control room. Once she was a good distance away, Rogue looked back at Remy with her eyebrows raised.

ROGUE:
Well, that was odd.

REMY:
Yeah. She was looking at him the same way you look at me.

ROGUE:
I don't look at you, Remy.

REMY:
Sure you don't.

Rogue threw her hands into the air before getting up and leaving the control room in a huff, muttering under her breath as Remy chuckled to himself.

Last edited:
INT. SITUATION ROOM-WHITE HOUSE-WASHINGTON D.C

PRESIDENT MCKENNA was seated at the head of the table. The Secretary of Mutant Affairs, CAROL DANVERS sat on his left side. About a dozen other OFFICIALS were seated as well. Another man sat on the opposite end of the table, his name was DR. BOLIVAR TRASK. He had shaggy brown hair, glasses, and a mustache. A special chair had to given to him because Trask was, for lack of a better term, a midget.

TRASK:
Mr. President, the mutant population is growing and we need a new weapon for this war. We need something that is capable of capturing dangerous mutants out there, like Magneto.

PRESIDENT:
We haven't had an incident with Magneto in months.

OFFICIAL:
There was an attack in Houston, three weeks ago.

PRESIDENT:
It was never confirmed that he was the one responsible for it. We have very real enemies out there, ISIS, Al-Qaeda-

TRASK:
Allow me to read something to you.

PRESIDENT:
Please.

Trask took out a piece of paper.

TRASK:
This was acquired by our friends at the CIA. It's a dissertation written by a mutant at Oxford University, and I quote. 'To Homo Neanderthalensis, his mutant cousin, Homo Sapiens,' which is us, 'was an aberration.' The arrival of the mutated human species, Homo Sapiens, was followed by the immediate extinction of their less evolved kin.' Well, now we are the Neanderthal.

OFFICIAL:
Speak for yourself, Dr. Trask.

The men in the room chuckle. Trask smirked.

TRASK:
You know, when you sent our soldiers to Iraq without the weapons they needed to win the war, you underestimated your enemy. You do that with this enemy, and it won't be some border skirmish somewhere in the Middle East. This time the war will be for our streets, our cities, our homes. And by the time you see the need for my program, it will be too late. And you will have lost two wars in one lifetime.

PRESIDENT:
So what are you suggesting?

Folders were then brought to all the officials at the table that showed pictures and blueprints of giant, thirty-foot tall robots.

TRASK:
I call them Sentinels, named after the ancient guardians that stood at the gates of the citadel. They have the aeronautic capabilities of a Harrier jet. Armed with guns that can fire off more than two thousand rounds per minute of thermoceramic ammunition. But size, power, speed, you could find that at Lockheeed or Boeing. No, what makes the Sentinels so special is the ability to target the mutant X-gene. A genetic guidance system.

Trask held up a small, white controller.

TRASK: (Con't)
It can lock onto a mark a mile away. It won't trigger unless it has identified the target. With this weapon, there will be no more human collateral damage. If I turn it on the system couldn't even activate in here

Trask turned it on and it began beeping.

TRASK: (Con't)
Unless there's already one in here.

He began moving it until it was in the direction of Carol and began ringing louder. Trask smiled.

TRASK:
Ah, Ms. Marvel.

Carol smiled with mock-sweetness.

CAROL:
I see that Secretary Creed has shared with you his stupid little nickname for me. But I assure Bolivar, I am much more than a 'marvelous pair of breasts' as Secretary Creed put it. Before I broke his nose.

The officials then muttered to each other briefly before President McKenna spoke up.

PRESIDENT:
You're telling me our defense against mutants should be these giant metal robots? Magneto would tear them apart.

TRASK:
The Sentinels are built out of a space-age polymer, not an ounce of metal on them. The problem has always been that most mutants look like us, but my Sentinels can tell the difference. I have twelve prototypes ready to go.

CAROL:
Are you suggesting we send giant robots out into the street? Do you have any idea how the public would react to such a sight?

TRASK:
How do you suppose they'll react when Magneto destroys something else? Or if Mystique impersonates another government official? Maybe next time it will be you, Mr. President. And she could order a nuclear strike, if she were in the mood.

The President didn't respond, he could only shake his head.

PRESIDENT:
We're reviewing all of our defense expenditures, and all the black books are being opened. But we cannot support a weapon that targets our very own citizens. The majority of mutants living among us live peacefully, and go about their own lives.

Trask simply stared at him.

PRESIDENT: (Con't)
I'm sorry, Dr. Trask. But your Sentinel program, it's not going to fly.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-HALLWAY

The door to Xavier's classroom was open and students had finished filing out. But at the moment Siryn was talking with Scott.

SIRYN:
You should see what she's wearing, Professor Summers. I couldn't even concentrate on anything she was saying.

SCOTT:
Okay, I'll speak with her.

Siryn nodded before walking away. Scott approached the door and knocked on it, getting Emma's attention.

INT. CLASSROOM

SCOTT:
Miss Frost? We've haven't had the chance to speak yet. Could you spare me a few moments?

EMMA:
I hate to keep repeating myself, but it's Emma. It shouldn't be so hard to remember.

Closing the door behind him, Scott cleared his throat as he briefly looked over the young woman's extremely revealing, white lingerie she wore beneath her mink coat. Emma walked over and was now standing in front of him.

So, what did you want to talk about?

SCOTT:
Well, it's your choice of attire. Your clothes for example? I don't know how you do things at the Massachusetts Academy, but we try to set an example for our students. What do you think they will learn looking at you dressed like…this?

Few moments passed in silence. When Emma spoke there was no surprise in her voice, just mild amusement.

EMMA:
I didn't think about teaching students fashion. Although that's an interesting idea. As for learning, I believe it's about what I'm saying not what I'm wearing. I've actually found that with my students it captures their full attention.

SCOTT:
My point exactly. Your clothing has their attention and your words don't. I'd strongly recommend you to try and find something…less revealing.

EMMA:
If you insist. Anything else?

SCOTT:
No. That's all.

Emma smirked.

EMMA:
Are you sure?

Emma then reached out and gently placed a hand on his right cheek. She then began to stroke his lips with her thumb. She continued on for a moment before tracing her thumb down his chin, and kept going until she reached his Adam's apple. Finally, Scott got a hold of himself and lightly grabbed Emma's hand.

SCOTT:
What are you doing?

EMMA:
Is there a problem? I don't see a wedding ring.

SCOTT:
I'm in a committed relationship.

Scott's brows were furrowed and he looked a little angry. Emma moved closer towards him with a coy smile.

EMMA:
There's no need for guilt.

Her eyes then fell from his face and rested at his crotch level that was quite a bit tighter now than it was when he first walked into the classroom.

It's a perfectly normal human reaction.

Scott let go of Emma's hand.

SCOTT:
Let's make this perfectly clear, Emma. I'm not interested. I'm in love with somebody else.

EMMA:
You may love someone else, but the part about not being interested is obviously a lie, Scott.

Emma gestured toward her evidence. Scott's hands tightened into fists at his side.

SCOTT:
I'm not a teenager. There has to be more to a relationship than hormones. Don't intrude on my mind again.

She laughed.

EMMA:
I'm not that kind of telepath.

Her voice was now a little more than a whisper, Emma then circled around Scott, while reaching up and running her hand along the back of his neck which caused Scott to shiver a little.

SCOTT:
So what do you do then?

EMMA:
I can read thoughts, but I don't go into people's heads for my own merriment. I'm more of an empath than a telepath.

SCOTT:
A what?

EMMA:
An empath.

Emma was now back in front of him. She then reached up and slowly removed Scott's sunglasses. He allowed her to even though every other instinct told him otherwise. Emma then gazed into his eyes.

I can feel you.

She then leaned forward and began giving Scott's neck and throat small kisses.

You want this. You want me.

SCOTT:
No.

EMMA:
Then why, Scott, is your heart racing? Your breathing rapid? Your senses tingling?

SCOTT:
I...I...stop...

EMMA:
I'm trying to make you feel good, Scott. You should be grateful. Just enjoy it.

Scott couldn't even move, Emma had completely overpowered him.

Have you ever wondered what happens in the brain during sex, Scott? Or during an orgasm?

Scott tips his head up, letting Emma's lips move over his jaw. Her fingers shift, curling tight at the back of his neck, half threat and half something else.

It's like watching a lightshow. Or a lightning storm. Or a star exploding.

She nipped Scott's earlobe and a loud moan tore from his throat as he wrapped one arm around Emma's shoulders and braced his other on top of the desk behind him for support. He wanted more.

SCOTT:
Tell me.

Scott gasped as Emma's teeth sank into the side of his neck. The blonde hummed as she sucked on Scott's pulse point before pulling away with a growl.

EMMA:
How about I show you instead?

SCOTT:
Yes.

At that moment, there was a knock on the door and Emma sighed with disappointment.

EMMA:
What is it?

The door opened and Alex stuck his head in and looked to her, ignoring his immobilized brother.

ALEX:
The Professor is on the phone. He's asking to speak with you.

EMMA:
Alright.

Alex then left as Emma again sighed heavily and glanced back at Scott.

Just when we were about to have some fun. Another time, perhaps?

She moved around him and walked out the door. Scott then jolted as he looked like he had just come out of a trance. He touched the side of his neck before glancing out into the hallway and watched as Emma walked away.

EXT. HARRISBURG-PENNSYLVANIA-DAY

Standing in front of a CROWD of about three thousand people, GRAYDON CREED stood on a makeshift stage, behind a podium, microphone in hand as he began to address his supporters at an out-doors rally in Harrisburg.

GRAYDON:
Thanks to you, I have captured the GOP nomination. And come November, with your votes I will become the next President of the United States!

The crowd cheered as many raised 'Graydon for President' signs.

GRAYDON: (Con't)
Just a few weeks ago in Illinois, one hundred and forty elementary school children were killed, vaporized, because of the presence of a young seven year old boy, a mutant of course.

The Secretary of Defense then he looked around at the audience of men and women, all of them in awe at the information

Unfortunately, President McKenna has seemed to have forgotten just how dangerous mutants truly are. The mortality rate and injuries caused by mutants has increased by fifty-six percent over the last decade. Annually 142,000 are killed due to mutants. In my opinion this is quickly becoming humanity's epidemic! We can act now or never, but now is the time to make a difference!

INT. LIMOUSINE

A limo sat about a mile away from the stage. It was close enough to hear what was being said. MYSTIQUE and SABRETOOTH sat in the back, staring at their feet as the crowd cheered again. The large mutant shook his head.

SABRETOOTH:
I can't believe this Homo-Sapien trash came from my blood.

Sabretooth then began to pick his teeth his claw-like fingernails.

SABRETOOTH: (Con't)
I don't think this is a good idea. We should have cleared it with Erik first.

Mystique glared at him before reaching over, griping his wrist and yanking his fingers away from his teeth.

MYSTIQUE:
Graydon Creed is our mistake, Victor. Yours and mine so he's our responsibility, understand? I'm not going to stand by while that mistake possibly becomes the next President.

SABRETOOTH:
Come on, Mystique, it wasn't so bad you and me.

Mystique dropped his hand like she'd been burned.

SABRETOOTH: (Con't)
It's not like Erik doesn't know about, 'the incident' that happened between us, so many years ago.

MYSTIQUE:
It doesn't matter. Erik doesn't need to be reminded of the few instances where my better judgment eluded me.

SABRETOOTH:
Fine, whatever. Let's just deal with him and get the hell out of here.

Mystique morphed into the appearance of a BODYGUARD. She then opened the door to the limo and stepped out along with Sabretooth. Mystique began heading to the stage while Sabretooth got into the drivers seat.

In the meantime, Ms. Marvel had used her power of flight to come to this event. It was ending just as she arrived, flying down to the roof of a building that was opposite of the stage that had been set up. She watched as several bodyguards led Graydon off the stage to a limousine that had just pulled up. Her eyes then widened as she saw one of the bodyguards kick the other two before shoving Graydon inside. The limo then sped off.

INT. LIMOUSINE

GRAYDON:
What the hell is going on?

SABRETOOTH:
Tell me boy, despite having mutant parents you want to destroy our species?

Graydon lunged backwards into his seat as Sabretooth turned his head and grinned at him.

GRAYDON:
You.

His face had drained of color, but his expression was of disgust, not fear.

SABRETOOTH:
That's right, kiddo.

He then pressed a button that rolled up the window in the partition.

Graydon looked to the bodyguard.

GRAYDON:
Shoot him!

The appearance of the bodyguard slowly faded away and Graydon found himself staring at his mother. Mystique glared at him before elbowing Graydon right in the mouth.

MYSTIQUE:
I've dreamed of killing you.

His smiling political mask stripped away, Graydon Creed radiated nothing but hatred as he spat from his bloodied mouth.

GRAYDON:
You should have killed me years ago.

MYSTIQUE:
I'm here to correct my mistake.

INT. HIGHWAY

The limo weaved around cars at a dangerous speed. But unbeknownst to Sabretooth, he was being followed by a flying Ms. Marvel.

INT. LIMOUSINE

GRAYDON:
Just get it over with.

Mystique pulled out a gun which Graydon eyed.

MYSTIQUE:
I don't regret abandoning you, and I don't regret what I did to your half-brother either. At least he grew up to be strong, and not a coward like you.

GRAYDON:
What a great mother you are.

Mystique pointed the gun at his forehead and Graydon closed his eyes.

INT. HIGHWAY

Once Ms. Marvel had passed the limo in mid-air, she released from her hands a silver blast of photonic energy at the limo's front. The long, stretch car was instantly totaled as it came to a sudden halt.

Last edited:
INT. LIMOUSINE

Both Mystique and Graydon groaned as they had been violently tossed around when the limo was hit. After three deep breaths Graydon seemed to regain his bearings. He started to crawl towards the door and just as he reached out to grab the handle Mystique snatched his hand.

Mystique glared at him before snapping back his index finger causing Graydon to yell out in pain as his finger was broken.

INT. HIGHWAY

Ms. Marvel landed on the street, right in front of the totaled limo.

MS. MARVEL:
Get out of the car, now!

The driver's car door was then ripped off as Sabretooth stepped out and stalked his way towards Ms. Marvel.

SABRETOOTH:
You shouldn't have done that. Now you're going to pay.

MS. MARVEL:
What? There's a fee?

Sabretooth then roared as he lunged at Ms. Marvel. She ducked beneath his swipe and came back with a kick to his chest but it didn't even phase him. Sabretooth then grabbed her by the throat. He tightened his grip, his claws digging in the sides of her neck before Ms. Marvel fired a photonic blast that threw him backwards at a tremendous speed. He crashed straight through the limo's windshield.

Mystique then exited the limo, Graydon in her grasp as she held the gun against his temple. The two mutant women stared at each other as if they were waiting for the other for make the first move.

MS. MARVEL:
I can't let you kill Graydon Creed.

MYSTIQUE:
I never asked for permission.

MS. MARVEL:
Do you have any idea of the repercussions of your actions?

MYSTIQUE:
How about the repercussions of his actions? You're a mutant, you should know.

MS. MARVEL:
If a mutant kills him, then he'll be proven right about all the horrible things he's said about us. We can't beat Creed's ideas if we turn him into a martyr. Then there'll be ten more just like him.

MYSTIQUE:
Then I'll kill them too. And anyone who gets in the way.

Mystique then fired at Ms. Marvel and both she and Graydon watched in awe as the bullets simply bounced harmlessly off. Ms. Marvel then sent a small line of photonic energy in the direction of the gun, Graydon ducked as it came at them, the blast caused the gun to explode. She then fired a second blast which hit Mystique square in the chest, Ms. Marvel then flu forward, grabbing a hold of Graydon and took off into the air as the sounds of police sirens could be heard coming their way.

INT. URGENT CARE

Carol walked into one of the doctor's rooms where Graydon was sitting. He had just gotten his broken finger placed in a splint and then taped up. Graydon just stared at the ground as he found it hard to meet her stare.

GRAYDON:
Thanks.

Carol smiled a little at the begrudging tone in his voice.

CAROL:
Still just a pair of breasts?

GRAYDON:
No...

He then looked up at her and smirked.

You have a marvelous pair of legs too, blondie.

CAROL:
Why you...

Graydon started laughing as Carol looked like she was about to hit him but she held back and quickly got a hold of herself.

CAROL: (Con't)
You know, I actually don't mind the 'Ms. Marvel' moniker now. It seems that every mutant I meet has one, so I guess I should too. You may not respect me, but the community I represent does. My co-workers do. And Henry did. That's all that matters.

She then turned to finally leave but stopped at the doorway and looked back at him.

I hope this whole campaign for President isn't about getting even with mommy and daddy.

Graydon gave her a hard stare.

GRAYDON:
They abandoned me. Just because I wasn't a mutant.

CAROL:
How do you think the country will react when they find out?

GRAYDON:
I don't know. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten out already.

CAROL:
It will. They were saving it just in case you became the nominee.

GRAYDON:
You can't choose you parents.

CAROL:
You can't choose your children either.

Graydon sighed heavily and stared at the wall beside him.

I know this might be tough for you to accept, but we're here. And we're not going anywhere.

Carol then finally left the room. An evil smile then came to Graydon's face.

GRAYDON:
We'll see.

INT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-GYM-EVENING

Three copies of Jamie were running on the treadmills that were right next to each other while Sam was on the exercise bike. Logan was at the bench press, lifting up three-hundred pounds in weight as Ororo stood over him. She then took her eyes off him for a moment to look at the west side of the gym where Remy was, hitting the punching bag with punches, kicks, and a long metal staff.

ORORO:
He's got some nice combinations.

Logan placed the bar on the rack as he sat up to see Ororo observing the new guy.

LOGAN:
Yeah, I guess.

ORORO:
He reminds me a lot of Rogue.

Logan scowled.

LOGAN:
He's nothing like Rogue.

ORORO:
That wasn't an insult to her.

LOGAN:
Then what was it?

ORORO:
An observation. He has a good heart.

LOGAN:
How can you know that?

ORORO:
He helped Jean and Scott escape, he didn't participate in the Morlock massacre-

LOGAN:
He didn't try to stop it.

ORORO:
He may have not been allowed to. He did refer to Sinister as his father, after all.

LOGAN:
That doesn't matter.

ORORO:
Of course it does. If the only reason he was with Sinister was because he believed him to be his father, then all he needed was a better alternative.

LOGAN:
You want to recruit him?

ORORO:
We took you in.

Logan grunted.

ORORO: (Con't)
Come on.

Ororo motioned for Logan to follow her. Logan wiped the sweat off himself with a towel before pulling his shirt back on. The two of them heading over to the punching bags and once Remy noticed he was no longer alone he smirked. He then looked over and eyed the two of them.

REMY:
Gotta say, I'm not really into the whole threesome thing. Unless it's the fun kind. So why don't you go away-

Remy looked at Logan when he said that, then looked to Ororo.

And we'll find that hot blonde who arrived here this mornin'.

LOGAN:
So, bub, here's the deal. We're going to ask you questions and you're going to answer.

REMY:
And if I don't?

LOGAN:
You get hurt.

Remy laughed.

ORORO:
We just want to talk. We've really haven't gotten the chance to become acquainted since we brought you back with us.

REMY:
Now that's better. You should let the 'Déesse du temps' speak for you more often, Wolvie.

LOGAN:
The what?

REMY:
Weather goddess.

ORORO:
My name is Ororo.

He smiled at the tone in her voice.

REMY:
Feisty. I like that.

ORORO:
Do you ever stop?

REMY:
Stop what?

ORORO:
Flirting.

REMY:
No.

Remy went to take Ororo's hand but suddenly Logan's claws were against his skin. Remy laughed as he suddenly charged up his staff and placed it under Logan's chin.

REMY:
Temper, temper.

ORORO:
You two, knock if off!

REMY:
Tell you what, you shelve those claws and I won't paint this room with ya insides.

Logan growled but the claws disappeared. Remy relaxed his staff.

ORORO:
Why were you with Sinister in the first place?

REMY:
The Professor has already heard it.

LOGAN:
We haven't heard it, pal.

REMY:
He found me, he claimed to be my father. I was having trouble with controlling my powers at the time. He offered to help. I took him up on it, because I...couldn't go home.

ORORO:
Why?

Remy sighed heavily.

REMY:
I accidently killed my brother in law.

LOGAN:
You're married?

REMY:
Ya...no, well, I guess I still am, technically. It's complicated, if I went into it to we'd here all night.

ORORO:
Alright. So will you-

Remy then glanced over her shoulder and saw that Rogue had walked in and was making her way over to the speed bags.

REMY:
This has been a good talk, but I must be going.

Remy brushed by them and they watched as he made his way towards Rogue. When Logan saw it he began to go after him but Ororo grabbed his wrist.

ORORO:
Logan-

LOGAN:
What? He's going-

ORORO:
Rogue can talk care of herself.

She held onto his wrist and led him out of the gym. Rogue, who was wearing a black tank top pulled her hair back into a ponytail but before she could even begin to train, Remy swept by her and was now standing in front of the speed bag. Rogue nearly fell out of frustration.

ROGUE:
What are you, stalking me? Do I need to get a restraining order?

REMY:
Hey, don't flatter yourself. Remy was in here first.

Rogue blinked.

ROGUE:
Did you just refer to yourself in the third person?

REMY:
Suppose Remy did.

ROGUE:
Just when I thought you couldn't get any more annoying.

REMY:
Chere wants Remy to stop? All she has to do is ask nicely.

Rogue ignored him and went to turn away.

REMY:
Come on, chere. How bout' I teach ya how to handle yourself?

ROGUE:
I can handle myself.

REMY:
Sure you can.

Rogue then stepped onto the blue mats on the floor that were there for hand-to-hand sparring.

ROGUE:
Fine, let's fight.

REMY:
Excuse me?

She smirked in victory when she sees the look his eyes now had at her, clearly thinking over the idea.

ROGUE:
And don't hold back on me, I can take it. Logan has been training me.

REMY:
Oooo.

Remy mock quivered his fingers.

ROGUE:
I'm serious, okay? Unless you're afraid.

She smiled sweetly when she said it, which prompts Remy to just shake his head at her behavior and eventually give in, stepping up on the mat. Rogue raised her fists up as Remy circled around Rogue a couple times, then rushed at her suddenly, punching away. She blocks them all, but he drops down suddenly and sweeps her legs out from under her by swinging his leg into them. Rogue fell flat on her back and lies there for a moment, staring up at Remy smirking down at her, satisfied.

REMY:
Round one goes to me.

Rogue sat up on her hands and nods at him wordlessly, then gets back up and raises her fists again.

Remy raised his also, and starts circling again, then charges with a jab with a kick aimed at her ribs. Rogue blocks the jab and the kick and comes back with a standing sidekick of her own, aimed at Remy's head, but he leaned back to avoid the kick and drops down again to do another sweep. She scouts it out beforehand and simply hops over his leg and waits until he's standing again before leaping into the air, her two feet colliding with his chest. Remy fell hard onto his back, as did Rogue but she quickly pushed herself up into a standing motion. Remy got to one knee, panting as he glared at her.

ROGUE:
Round two to me.

Pushing himself up, Remy came at Rogue again. Rogue threw a kick which Remy knocked aside and then blocked a jab aimed at his jaw, then countered with a hard body blow that she blocked but still stumbled back from the power. Remy then reached out and caught hold of her shoulder and her hip, then tossed Rogue to the matted floor. Remy then trapped her beneath him, then caught her hands when she went to hit him. Rogue struggled under his weight, then noticed his gaze lingering on her mouth and decided to use a different kind of strategy.

Rogue lifted herself up to his face and kissed him.

As her power began to drain him, it took only a few seconds before Rogue had the advantage of his strength plus Remy's disorientation. She flipped him underneath her and smiled.

ROGUE:
Round three goes to me. Element of surprise.

Remy had a grin across his face, as if he had a good buzz going.

REMY:
Dirty fighting? Two can play at dat game.

Remy then flipped them around again so Rogue was back under him. But as Remy had a look of superiority on his face, Rogue's now held that of concern. In addition to draining someone's life force, she also got their thoughts, feelings, and memories. Remy took notice of her look and his brows furrowed.

REMY:
What is it?

INT. STUDY

Emma was looking over the books on the shelves while Pitor and Kitty were sitting on the couch, watching a advertisement of Graydon Creed for President. Shaking his head, Pitor picked up the remote and shut the television off.

PITOR:
I can't believe this prick could be the next president.

KITTY:
If he's elected he'll try to undo everything Dr. McCoy did.

Scott, Jean, Alex, Logan, and Ororo all filled in. Bobby was already in the room, sitting in the loveseat. Emma then went to exit the room.

SCOTT:
You don't have to leave.

EMMA:
Yes I do.

Jean then watched as Emma reached out and touched Scott's hand for a moment before leaving. Scott then cleared his throat.

SCOTT:
Alright. So, we need to decide on what we're going to do with John.

BOBBY:
I think we should let him rejoin us.

PITOR:
You're kidding right? He joined Magneto, then he joined Sinister. He killed humans. He tried to kill you, he tried to kill me. He's a freakin' terrorist now so drop him off and let the authorities deal with his ass.

ALEX:
Maybe he just needs help. People can change if they're given the chance. I'm proof of that.

SCOTT:
You're situation and John's are completely different. He was a student here for years, we tried to help him.

Logan sighed. His situation and John's were more similar.

LOGAN:
Look, as much as I want that kid to wake up and skip on over to our side, we all know that's not the way it works. This isn't some damn Hollywood movie and if anything that kid is going to be more pissed than ever. He isn't going to see this as us trying to help him. He's going to see it as defeat and capture and this whole place is going to burn if we don't get him out.

ORORO:
Not as long as he has the mutant-inhibitor collar on.

JEAN:
We can't keep it on him forever.

Bobby then spoke up.

BOBBY:
Just let him room with me again. I'll look after him-

JEAN:
That isn't going to work. He's even more powerful then before.

KITTY:
If we kick him out, what's going to stop him from coming back to burn the place down for revenge? He's dangerous and-

SCOTT:
No, we couldn't just let him walk away. We'd have to turn him over to the authorities.

BOBBY:
You've gotta be kidding me.

Bobby's eyes then lowered as he shook his head. Ororo looked to him and frowned heavily as she could feel his sadness.

ORORO:
Maybe we should try just talking with him rationally. If we let him feel like he's home and part of the family again, maybe when we take the collar off he won't be a threat anymore.

Logan looked over at her. To Ororo's surprise, he actually looked a little sad.

LOGAN:
You have to take everything into account. He was with us, then he joined Magneto, then he joined Sinister. He has no loyalty to anyone. He'll probably just say whatever it is he thinks we want to hear until we take the collar off and all hell breaks loose.

They were all silent for a moment.

SCOTT:
Then it's settled...

Scott said slowly, and suddenly everyone in the room was looking to Bobby. He was the one who fought to bring John here, and as much as Scott didn't want John to be tossed away, he wasn't naïve enough to think he'd be a changed person after all this. Everyone went to leave the room, but Scott stopped Bobby.

SCOTT: (Con't)
I'd think it'd be best if you didn't visit him again.

BOBBY:
I can't even say goodbye to him?

SCOTT:
You're too emotionally involved. This is hard enough as it is, and we've-

BOBBY:
It's okay. You don't have to worry about me causing trouble.

Scott smiled.

SCOTT:
We never do.

Last edited:
INT. DOCKS-NIGHT

Through the Indian Ocean and off the east coast of Madagascar, the island of GENOSHA sat. Charles Xavier stepped off the boat that had brought him and walked along the docks until reaching a set of stairs. Upon climbing up them he saw that TOAD was standing there, apparently waiting for him. He nodded a greeting.

TOAD:
Professor. Welcome to Genosha.

Xavier smiled.

XAVIER:
Mortimer. Where is Erik?

TOAD:
Boss man is at the power plant. He asked me to bring you there.

Toad then motioned for the Professor to follow him to a black and white Rolls Royce that was sitting just behind them.

INT. GENOSHA

The city was lit by torches and most of the buildings were composed of stainless steel. They were beautiful and innovative slender structures with large interiors filled with lightweight gardens and recreational areas. There weren't many cars on the street as it was crowded with many mutants on foot, walking to their desired destination. Some looked normal, others had scales, fur, feathers, wings, fins, beaks, and even antennas. Every type of mutant imaginable was living close together within the same place, seemingly accepting one another.

As Xavier looked out of the window of the Rolls, he couldn't help but be impressed at what he saw.

XAVIER:
How is order kept here? What are the laws?

TOAD:
The same as about any other place. Sabretooth is in charge of a task force that has a lot of powerful mutants on it. We have yet to have any serious crime. The mutants here, they're good people. Everyone is free to do what they want and be themselves, they know there are consequences if they don't follow the rules.

XAVIER:
What about the currency?

TOAD:
We have a credit system, instead of using gold or paper money. The more you contribute, the other credit you get. We have no free-loaders here. Most of us have jobs, others come up with ideas to improve things on the island.

XAVIER:
What do you do, Mortimer?

Toad smirked.

TOAD:
I own a restaurant. It's the called 'The Mouthful.'

Xavier raised his eyebrows.

XAVIER:
Sounds appetizing.

INT. HYDROELECTRICAL PLANT

Sparks were going off as MUTANTS were working all around, connecting metallic wiring and setting up boards. Electric generators were being rotated between stationary magnetics. Among the mutants involved in the task were WARPATH, MAVERICK, and BERSERKER.

Xavier had climbed the stairs of a walkway where Magneto was standing upon, watching the work being done and assisting when needed. He smiled when he realized he was no longer alone.

MAGNETO:
Charles. How good of you to join us.

XAVIER:
What's going on here, Erik?

MAGNETO:
This is a landmark moment for us. We're about to finally turn the power on for Genosha. The young man, Berserker has been gracious enough to lend us his power for this task.

He gestured with his hand at the young man down below with a blonde Mohawk. Berserker opened up his hands which began to crackle with electricity. He then fired his electricity into a wire loop that began to produce a continuous voltage that powered up the generators. Behind him, through the glass windows Xavier could see the city in the near distance light up as the civilians began cheering. Magneto smiled again and placed his hand on Xavier's shoulder.

MAGNETO:
Come, let me show you the sites. They can handle things from here.

INT. THE MOUTHFUL

Toad's operation was a nice little French restaurant that had a quiet, old world environment. With colorful Moroccan mosaic tiles, and an eclectic mix of upholstered and bentwood-style chairs, chandeliers, gilt-framed mirrors and pottery. The WAITRESS was a mutant with purplish skin and blue hair. After taking Xavier and Magneto's order, she then brought back two glasses and filled them with an expensive red wine.

XAVIER:
This is quite an achievement, Erik. I'm happy for you.

MAGNETO:
We still have a lot to do. We have two cities here on the island. The one we're in now is called 'Hammer Bay'. The other is known as 'Carrion Cove' which is still being built.

Xavier lifted up his glass and took a drink of the wine. He then remembered a question that Erik had asked him back at the mansion.

XAVIER:
It was Jean that healed me.

Magneto raised an eyebrow.

She's still alive Erik. And more powerful than you could ever imagine.

MAGNETO:
You were right, Charles. She is special.

XAVIER:
Yes. But I believe that it was your machine that is responsible for the advancement of her abilities.

Magneto just stared at him for a moment.

MAGNETO:
You can't prove that, Charles.

XAVIER:
Perhaps it's only a coincidence that her mutation became so much stronger after Liberty Island.

MAGNETO:
Have your forgotten the psychic barriers you placed in her mind, Charles? Sometimes barriers break and nature finds its way out.

XAVIER:
I did what I thought was best for Jean. She was far too young to able to handle that kind of power. You know that.

MAGNETO:
You never did give her enough credit. She was far more capable than you assumed.

XAVIER:
She meant more to me than her potential.

MAGNETO:
And you think I didn't want what was best for her? How can you know that allowing her powers full manifestation wasn't it?

XAVIER:
It's easy for you to believe so strongly that you were right, Erik. You're not the one who had to make the decision.

They were quiet for another moment as this time is was Magneto who took a sip of wine.

Why did you bring me here? Really?

MAGNETO:
To give you a glimpse of what could be. Not just here at Genosha, but across the world. I thought that if maybe you could see it for yourself you'd finally understand.

XAVIER:
And what is that?

MAGNETO:
That I've been right all along. My way is what works for mutants.

XAVIER:
I know that you've been busy, so maybe you haven't seen that things are better. The world is better.

MAGNETO:
Just because there isn't a war doesn't mean there is peace.

Xavier shook his head.

XAVIER:
Nothing with ever satisfy you, Erik.

MAGNETO:
I am following the current Presidential race. What do you think Graydon Creed will do if he's elected?

XAVIER:
We will deal with it. We've come too far to turn back now. Now is the time to keep pushing forward.

MAGNETO:
The fact that he has so much support is proof that things are not better, Charles. Every accomplishment Henry worked so hard to achieve will be done away with if Creed wins.

A pained look came to the Professor's face at the mention of Henry's name. Magneto frowned a little.

MAGNETO:
I'm sorry to hear about Henry. He was a good man.

XAVIER:
Yes.

Magneto then looked over as the door opened and a couple walked in. Fortunately, neither man had to talk anymore as their dinner arrived. Once their plates were settled in front of them, Xavier and Magneto simply began eating, neither said another word.

INT. MAGNETO'S PALACE

In the center of the city was a palace that Magneto had built for himself. It was a triangular twenty-two foot story flat iron building. Magneto walked Xavier down the hall until he reached the open door of a spare bedroom.

MAGNETO:
I won't be here when you wake tomorrow morning. Someone will be here to take you back to the mainland.

XAVIER:
You can really do a lot of good here, Erik. You can still help change things for the better. I just hope that isn't a place where you can train some kind of mutant army to fight your war.

MAGNETO:
It isn't my war. It's our war.

XAVIER:
It won't be that way.

MAGNETO:
Still ever the optimist, Charles.

XAVIER:
I've never seen the point in pessimism.

MAGNETO:
It prepares you for the inevitable.

XAVIER:
Who say's it is inevitable?

MAGNETO:
History.

Magneto then gave him a somewhat sad smile as he passed him, putting his hand on his shoulder as he walked by.

MAGNETO: (Con't)
Goodbye, old friend.

XAVIER:
Goodbye, Erik.

Xavier watched him walk off for a moment before entering the bedroom and turning in for the night.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-VERANDA-NIGHT

Emma was looking up at the night sky, watching the stars. She had found that over the years stargazing had made her sleepy. As she continued on, she then noticed out of the corner of her eye the door open up as Jean walked out to join her.

EMMA:
Can I help you?

She was irritated that her space had been intruded upon.

JEAN:
Sorry. I didn't know that anyone was out here.

EMMA:
Obviously. It is very rude to enter a room without seeing if someone else is in it and may not wish for your company.

Jean ignored the comment and walked up next to her.

JEAN:
So, are you liking the school? I certainly hope it measures up to yours.

Emma smirked at the sarcasm in the other woman's voice.

EMMA:
It's just fine.

JEAN:
Something about it you like?

EMMA:
Someone, actually.

An uncomfortable silence then passed between the two of them. Jean then placed her hands on the railing as she too watched the stars.

JEAN:
Stay away from Scott.

EMMA:
Excuse me?

The two women then faced each other. Jean narrowed her eyes.

JEAN:
You know damn well what I'm referring to.

EMMA:
I haven't done anything.

JEAN:
Not yet.

EMMA:
If you're afraid that I'll steal him away then you better keep a hold of him, darling.

JEAN:
Don't. Go. Near. Him.

EMMA:
And what if he goes near me, dear?

JEAN:
He won't.

EMMA:
Are you sure about that? You can't blame Scott for being attracted to me, he's only human for god's sake.

JEAN:
I should wipe that smug look off your face, *****.

EMMA:
Then why don't you?

Deciding to take her up on the challenge, Jean reached way back then slapped Emma as hard as she could. Emma yelled out in surprise before returning the favor. She then grabbed a hold of Jean and tackled her through the glass window, sending them crashing back into the mansion.

INT. STUDY

The two women rolled around in the broken glass until Emma was straddling Jean, raining punches down upon the redhead. Jean struggled under her until she managed to grab a fistful of Emma's blonde hair. She tugged as hard as she could, making Emma wail in pain. Using her slight advantage, Jean twisted and threw the other woman off her.

They were both back on their feet and Jean kicked Emma in the mid-section. After being momentarily winded, Emma came back with a vicious backhanded slap.

The two grabbed a hold of each other again and slammed against the bookcase, knocking everything it held off as they went crashing to the floor as well. It appeared as if the fight would go on all night until Jean managed to rise above Emma.

She slammed her fist with all her might into Emma's nose. There was a very much audible crunching noise as Emma screeched, her hands covering her nose. Blood ran down her face, between her fingers, and onto her pretty white clothing.

EMMA:
You just broke my nose!

JEAN:
I'll break much more than that!

Just when Jean went to punch her again, Emma suddenly turned into her diamond form. Jean yelled out as her fist painfully slammed against the hard diamond that was now her entire body. She then shoved Jean off of her and when Emma was back up, she grabbed Jean by the shoulders and lunged forward, headbutting her.

That split Jean's forehead open and she fell to one knee as blood began to pour over her face. Emma went to strike her again when Jean's eyes suddenly burned orange and she telekinetically threw Emma violently backwards, slamming her hard against the wall which left a large crack behind her.

By this point the sound of the brawling women had woken up the entire school. Scott, Ororo, and Logan pushed by everyone else and quickly got in between the two of them.

ORORO:
What is going on here!?

Scott then looked to see the damage to the wall.

SCOTT:
Jean, stop it! You're going to hurt her!

JEAN:
What do you care!? What about me?

Scott then cupped Jean's damaged face in his hands. He then whispered;

SCOTT:
Jean, relax. You know I love you.

Logan walked over to Emma as she had gotten back up and was now back in her normal appearance.

LOGAN:
Are you okay?

EMMA:
Do I look okay?

She snapped at him before glaring at Jean. The other woman returned the look before using her abilities and healed the large cut in the middle of her forehead. Scott breathed a sigh of relief before looking back at Emma and saw the state of her face.

SCOTT:
Jean, heal Emma's nose.

JEAN:
Why should I?

SCOTT:
Please just do it.

Jean glared at him for a moment. She then turned her attention to Emma who cried out as her nose snapped. It was healed, but none to gently. Logan looked at Jean, then glanced back and forth at both her and Emma. He said with a slight smirk;

LOGAN:
Not that I wanna get between two hot women fighting, but could you at least not destroy the damn mansion? Or each other?

JEAN:
I'm sorry, I guess I just lost it.

She then gestured to the wall.

JEAN: (Con't)
That won't happen again.

Jean and Emma continued to stare each other down. Ororo cleared her throat, obviously uncomfortable.

ORORO:
I think we should all go to bed.

SCOTT:
Yeah, we should.

He then looked back at everyone else who had come down and motioned for them to go back to their rooms. They did so and as Emma walked past Jean, she mumbled;

EMMA:
This isn't over, darling.

Then, too really push Jean's buttons she walked up to Scott, hugged him and traced her finger along his jaw line. Scott just stood there. He couldn't move.

Jean glared at Emma and murmured back;

JEAN:
Oh, that had better be a promise, sweetheart.

Last edited:
INT. BOBBY'S ROOM

Bobby couldn't concern himself with whatever the commotion was downstairs as he was rapidly packing. He had shoved some clothes and other personal possessions into a bag before going over to John's side of the room. Grabbing another bag, he packed some clothes that his roommate had left behind, including his brown leather jacket, and some composition notebooks from under his bed that contained short stories John had written over the years for English class.

The last thing he took was the shark zippo lighter which he placed in his front pocket.

EXT. XAVIER INSTITUTE-GROUNDS-NIGHT

Now sitting on the bench in front of the massive fountain he had once iced over and skated on with Rogue, Bobby took a deep breath, still not believing what he was about to do. Bobby looked up when he saw the door to the patio open and Rogue stepped out. Once she saw him, Rogue began to walk over to the bench.

ROGUE:
Hey.

Bobby nodded back a greeting as Rogue sat down next to him. The two of them had been over, romantically at least, if they had truly ever begun. Neither of them had said it, but since Rogue already knew the truth abouth him there was really no point in having the 'break up' conversation.

Logan told me that they're going to turn John in.

Again, Bobby didn't respond.

ROGUE:
You're going to help him escape aren't you?

Bobby laughed a little.

BOBBY:
Not just that. I'm going with him.

Rogue stared at him for a moment.

ROGUE:
Where will you go?

BOBBY:
I'm not sure. But if he can't stay here, then I won't be here either.

They sat in silence for about a minute before Bobby looked at Rogue.

BOBBY: (Con't)
The truth is, I haven't been happy since John left. It was like losing a part of myself...ever since I've met him, we've balanced each other out so well...

Bobby trailed off as he began to play with a small stone in his hand which he skipped into the fountain water.

BOBBY:
This is crazy. After everything that's happened between us-

ROGUE:
Some love is unconditional. We all have our other half out there somewhere. You were lucky enough to find yours.

BOBBY:
I just need to get the controller for the collar out of the Professor's office.

ROGUE:
I'm already ahead of you.

Rogue then pulled the controller out from her pocket and handed it to him. She smiled at the surprised look on his face.

I guess the part of you in my head told me what you were going to do.

He took it from her and then gave her a sad smile.

BOBBY:
I hope you don't hate me.

Rogue's brows furrowed.

ROGUE:
Why would I hate you?

BOBBY:
I guess...for pretending to be something I'm not.

ROGUE:
That doesn't matter to me. I needed someone like you at that time. I'll never forget the good times we had. I'll always be your teammate, and more importantly, your friend.

BOBBY:
Same here.

Rogue gave Bobby a quick kiss on the cheek.

ROGUE:
Goodbye, Bobby

He reached out and took her gloved hand as he got to his feet.

BOBBY:
So long.

Rogue then watched as Bobby let go of her hand and heading back inside of the mansion.

INT. BASEMENT

Pyro was lying on the floor of the cell with his eyes closed. The sudden drop in temperature alerted him to Bobby's presence. He opened his eyes and turned his head to see him standing in front of the cell.

PYRO:
Summers' said you weren't going to visit again.

BOBBY:
I'm not supposed to.

PYRO:
They're going to turn me in.

BOBBY:
No there're not.

BEEP!

Bobby pressed the button on the remote which released the collar. Pyro gasped when he felt it open up. He reached up and roughly pulled it from around his neck. Bobby watched as Pyro got to his feet and formed a fireball in each hand. Pyro looked down at his hands for a moment, feeling the power he hadn't used in almost a month before sending them straight at the bars of the cell door.

He heated up the flame as they began to melt the metal like butter until it was enough for him to get out. Pyro roughly pushed the door open and was now face to face with Bobby.

Bobby put his hand on the back of Pyro's neck, tugged him the few inches closer and kissed him. They meshed together well as Pyro's breath was warm just as Bobby's was cold as a feeling of ecstasy went through them both. Pyro slumped against him after Bobby pulled away; Bobby then took the shark lighter out of his pocket and placed it in Pyro's hand.

Looking down to see what it was, Pyro raised an eyebrow.

PYRO:
You kept this?

BOBBY:
It was too sentimental to just get rid of.

PYRO:
Thanks. I've missed it.

Bobby rested his forehead against Pyro's.

BOBBY:
What about me?

Pyro smiled. Not his usual cocky grin, but a genuine smile.

PYRO:
Yeah. I missed you too.

INT. PASSAGEWAY

The two of them ran through the same passageway they used the last time they were running the halls together when Stryker's men attacked the mansion. They reached the trap door that led up to the garage.

INT. GARAGE

Bobby hit the button that lifted up the garage door before getting into the Dodge Charger. Pyro got into the passenger seat and glanced at the back to see several bags on the seats. Before Bobby could start the car, Pyro reached out and grabbed the steering wheel. Bobby looked over at him, slightly taken aback.

PYRO:
Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Bobby nodded.

BOBBY:
You can't always do what you're told. A friend told me that once.

PYRO:
They'll look for us. Both of us. You're helping a known fugitive escape.

BOBBY:
They won't find us. Not without Cerebro. Even if they do, we won't let them turn us in.

Pyro nodded.

PYRO:
Okay. Let's go.

Starting up the Dodge, Bobby then hit the gas and drove at a steady pace out of the garage and away from the school, heading to wherever it was the road took them.

INT. BASEMENT-FOLLOWING MORNING

The following morning, Ororo went down to the basement to see the bars melted and John gone, as was Bobby. She held the mutant-inhibitor collar in her hands as she turned her head to see Logan approaching her.

ORORO:
I can't believe it. I never would have expected something like this from Bobby.

LOGAN:
I checked the garage, the Dodge is gone too.

ORORO:
What should we do? Should we report it stolen?

He shook his head.

LOGAN:
I'd say just let em' go. We're going to have bigger problems to deal with soon.

ORORO:
What makes you say that?

Logan shrugged a shoulder.

LOGAN:
Just a hunch.

INT. XAVIER'S OFFICE

Jean was sitting on the desk, in the midst of a conversation with the Professor over the home phone.

XAVIER: (O.S)
I should be back in a few hours.

JEAN:
The sooner the better. That way we can get rid of Emma.

XAVIER: (O.S)
Is something wrong?

JEAN:
I really don't like her.

Kitty walked into the room.

JEAN: (Con't)
I have to go now, Professor. I'll see you when you get here.

Jean hung up and turned her attention to the younger girl.

KITTY:
I just talked to Mr. Worthington. Warren is home now. If we hurry we can catch him.

Jean took a breath and nodded.

JEAN:
Okay, let's go.

KITTY:
I'll drive.

Kitty turned to head out but Jean put a hand on her shoulder.

JEAN:
Kitty, we aren't going to need a car.

Before Kitty could respond, a glowing light then wrapped around them both and in a flash they disappeared, teleporting to their desired location.

INT. PENTHOUSE-WARREN'S BEDROOM

Inside of his father's penthouse, WARREN WORTHINGTON III had a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand as he sat on the edge of the bed. Warren looked bad as his hair was messy and his eyes blood-shot. He took a drink from the bottle when he suddenly looked over to see Kitty standing at the entrance of his open door.

WARREN:
Kitty? How did you get in here?

KITTY:
Really?

Warren smirked.

WARREN:
Oh yeah, I forgot.

Kitty walked further into the bedroom. She then glanced at the bottom of alcohol in his hand.

KITTY:
A little early to start drinking, don't you think?

WARREN:
What are you doing here?

KITTY:
Your father and I have been talking. He's really worried about you.

Warren scoffed.

WARREN:
Yeah, he's worried about me, he cares about me. First he wanted to cure me and now he's selling the company.

KITTY:
What?

WARREN:
Yeah, he's letting Trask Enterprises buy us out.

KITTY:
Warren, I want to bring you back to the mansion.

WARREN:
I can't go back, I'm no longer a mutant.

He then let the bottle drop to the floor as he stood up and removed his shirt. He turned around so Kitty could see the scars on his back, the marks where his wings once had been.

WARREN: (Con't)
My wings made me special. Now who am I? I'm just some normal nobody.

KITTY:
I can help you. Well, I brought someone who can help you.

INT. PENTHOUSE-LIVING ROOM

As Kitty continued talking with Warren, Jean was waiting out in the living room. She turned her attention to the flat-screen television mounted on the wall and used her power to turn it on. She flipped through the channels until coming to an interview a REPORTER was having with Graydon Creed.

GRAYDON: (On Screen)
President McKenna is a good man. However, as far as the issue of mutants goes, this is a subject where he and I differ. The mutant problem is not something that should be brushed off, it should be taken care of in order to protect our society.

REPORTER:
Secretary Creed, do you consider yourself a racist?

GRAYDON:
No. I'm a envisionist. I envision a future without this mutant problem.

REPORTER:
Some have said that President McKenna's actions may have prevented a civil war. Along with the help of Henry McCoy-

GRAYDON:
Henry McCoy was a fraud, he helped cover up the actions of dangerous mutants out there. The day he died was a great day for this country.

Jean's eyes suddenly flared with anger as she caused the television to explode and burst into flames.

INT. WARREN'S BEDROOM

Warren and Kitty stopped talking when they heard the noise as Warren's brows furrowed in confusion.

WARREN:
What was that?

INT. LIVING ROOM

Warren and Kitty walked into the living room to see Jean pulling back the small fire and extinguishing it.

WARREN:
What did you do to my television?

JEAN:
Sorry.

Jean focused her power on the flat-screen and in a few moments it repaired itself. Warren blinked as he watched in amazement.

WARREN:
Who are you?

JEAN:
My name is Jean Grey. Kitty told me that you were once part of the X-Men.

WARREN:
Yeah...I was. Until I lost my wings.

JEAN:
I'm pretty sure I can help you.

WARREN:
No you can't.

KITTY:
She can, Warren. She healed the Professor's spine, he can walk now. And that's only one thing she's done.

WARREN:
What can you do for me?

JEAN:
I can regenerate the cells and restore your wings. But I have to warn you, the pain will be terrible.

WARREN:
I can bear it. Anything…anything to fly again.

Jean nodded as she walked closer towards him.

JEAN:
Turn around.

Warren did so and Jean placed a hand on his back. She began to focus her power on the young mutant. But as she concentrated, voices began to echo through her head.

GRAYDON: (V.O)
Henry McCoy was a fraud.

EMMA: (V.O)
If you're afraid that I'll steal him away then you better keep a hold of him, darling.

Anger then began to build in Jean as her hands and eyes began to glow with telekinetic energy. Warren then screamed as he fell to his knees, bones protruding from his back. Kitty cried out as she covered her eyes, turning away from the scene.

SINISTER: (V.O)
...Unless you are willing to force mutation to the next stage.

Jean tried to tune out the voices, but she couldn't. Wings then began to re-grow on Warren's back, but not feathered wings. They were long, sharp, metallic wings.

XAVIER: (V.O)
The more power you have, the more good you can do. And the more bad you can do as well, if you're not careful.

Jean then saw a flash of her childhood best friend, Annie Richardson being run over by a drunk driver. She then began to speak to Warren, in his mind.

JEAN: (Telepathically)
No one expects an angel to set the world on fire.

Warren continued to scream.

Focus on the power.

Warren's skin then began to turn into a turquoise color. The process was now over as Warren rose to his feet, extending his metal wings. He then fired razor-sharp feather projections into either side of the walls as he smiled at Jean. Feeling it was safe for her to look now, Kitty spun around. Her eyes widened in shock as she gaped at Warren's appearance.

KITTY:
Oh my god! Warren!

Fight for me. My angel of death.

WARREN:
Thank you.

Warren then turned and flu with a great speed into the windows on the east side of the penthouse and crashed straight through them. THE ANGEL OF DEATH took off into the sky, flying faster than he had ever been before.

Kitty ran over to Jean and to her shock she saw that Jean's eyes were lifeless and black as charcoal. Not the bright orange she was accustom to.

KITTY:
Jean, what happened?

She reached out and shook the older woman's shoulder. That seemed to shock Jean back to reality as her eyes went back to normal. She looked down at her hands which by now had stopped glowing.

JEAN:
What did I do? I...I didn't mean to...

INT. MANSION SUBCOMPLEX-DRESSING ROOM

Havok had just changed into his uniform and was getting ready for a solo session in the Danger Room. There was just one little problem, several damn kids wouldn't stop bothering him.

TABITHA:
Please, Mr. Summers.

HAVOK:
Don't call me Mr. Summers. That is reserved for Scott.

SAM:
Come on, it can just be a practice session.

HAVOK:
How old are you guys?

SAM:
Sixteen.

HAVOK:
Forget it. Why do you want to be on the team anyway?

SIRYN:
My dad was in the X-Men. I want to help people like he did.

Havok didn't respond as he left the dressing room with the kids trailing behind him.

INT. HALLWAY

Havok then ran into Jamie, and about six more copies of Jamie.

HAVOK:
What are you, the Copy Man?

JAMIE:
I'm Multiple Man.

Each version of Jamie said that at different times.

HAVOK:
Well, leave me alone or you'll be in multiple pieces.

Havok pushed past the copies to the control room as the copies of Jamie came together as one.

JAMIE:
Jeez, you're no fun either. You really are Cyclops' brother.

Havok narrowed his eyes.

HAVOK:
Fine, you all can train with me.

INT. CONTROL ROOM

Havok set the controls, but instead for a practice session, he set the difficulty for level three. He smirked a little before whispering under his breath;

HAVOK:
Be careful what you ask for.

INT. THE DANGER ROOM

Cannonball, Siryn, Boomer, and Multiple Man headed in when the doors opened. They glanced around the dome, taking it in when he doors then closed behind them.

CANNONBALL:
Hey, I thought you were going to do it with us.

INT. CONTROL ROOM

Havok pressed the button that allowed him to watch went on as he spoke into the microphone.

HAVOK:
I changed my mind. This will be just for you guys.

INT. THE DANGER ROOM

The group of four looked at each other, a little worried now as the room began to transform into a twenty by twenty rocky area with sloping sides and a lake at the bottom.

INT. MOUNTAIN BATTLEFIELD

Mountains surrounded them as they were standing just a few feet from a cliff.

HAVOK: (O.S)
Your objective is to knock your opponents off the sides. You have five minutes to complete the task. If you get knocked off, then you have failed.

Havok's voice echoed throughout the area as Cannonball looked around.

CANNONBALL:
What opponents?

The side of the mountain then exploded as three living ROCK CREATURES begun to come at them. They were bulbous and misshapen. One had a head that was pointy, the second one's head was square.

BOOMER:
I'm guessing them.

The third rock creature had a hammer for a 'hand'. It swung in Boomer's direction but Cannonball quickly launched forward and grabbed her, taking them both up and out of harms way. Square-Head knocked Siryn to the ground but as it began to come at her again she let loose a ear-piercing screech. The vibration was enough to send the creature stumbling backwards until it fell off the cliff.

The noise of Siryn caused Cannonball to become discombobulated and land back on the ground. Boomer formed two yellow orbs, sending them straight at the two remaining opponents. They stumbled backwards from the blast, but unfortunately, Multiple Man, who was just standing there doing nothing was send back to. He kept going until he tumbled off the cliff.

Cannonball shook his head.

CANNONBALL:
Useless.

INT. MANSION SUBCOMPLEX-HALLWAY

Scott made his way though when he heard the noise coming from the Danger Room. He kept going until he reached the control room and saw his younger brother inside.

SCOTT:
What's going on?

ALEX:
Eh, I'm giving a couple of kids a session.

Scott ran over to see who it was.

SCOTT:
Alex! You can't throw students into the Danger Room!

INT. THE DANGER ROOM-MOUNTAIN BATTLEFIELD

The pointy-head rock creature knocked Boomer towards the edge of the cliff. She grabbed it just before she fell and started pulling herself back up. But by this point, the other creature grabbed Siryn's arms and began pushing her straight towards Boomer.

Her hands slipped out and Boomer's ribs impacted with the cliff's sharp edge. She screamed out in agony as Siryn tumbled off the edge, hitting Boomer on her way down, causing her to fall right after Siryn.

They fell and the large river turned into pixels, than disappeared.

INT. CONTROL ROOM

Scott had hit the emergency stop button and everything in the Danger Room froze. It then shifted back to normal as Scott quickly made his way to them.

INT. THE DANGER ROOM

The others had gathered around Boomer as she moaned in pain and held her sides.

TABITHA:
I think my ribs are broken.

The doors of the room then opened and Scott and Alex came rushing in.

Jamie pointed at Sam.

JAMIE:
He made us do it! He talked us into it!

Sam glared at him.

SAM:
You are so dead.

SCOTT:
Tabitha, are you okay?

TABITHA:
No. But I'll live.

SCOTT:
Jamie, take Tabitha to the infirmary. You guys try to find Jean. I need to talk to Alex.

The kids did as they were told and once they were gone, Scott angrily turned to his younger brother.

SCOTT:
What the hell were you thinking!? They are only just students!

ALEX:
I know, but they were gonna just keep nagging me.

SCOTT:
You think that's an excuse?

Alex didn't respond, he just sighed heavily with frustration.

SCOTT: (Con't)
I'm revoking your Danger Room privileges for a week.

ALEX:
You think I care about your permission?

SCOTT:
Don't push me, Alex.

ALEX:
Are you always like this? You're probably the type of driver they invented the finger for.

Scott placed his hands on his hips as he just stared at his younger brother.

ALEX: (Con't)
Dude, lighten up, take a chance once in a while.

SCOTT:
Dad took a chance once. He decided to fly when there was a call for thunderstorms. But it was more important for him to get us to Alaska then risk losing two days of vacation.

Alex looked away. He then muttered under his breath;

ALEX:
I don't even remember the accident.

SCOTT:
Lucky you.

Scott then walked around Alex and out of the Danger Room as the younger man ran his hand through his hair and sighed heavily. He too then made his way out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"