Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score

can’t wait to see America appear. She’s going to be fantastic

She's a cool character, with a great power set. I hope they get her right!

Miss America Chavez!
268437941_5092945444071689_6745193443548802115_n.jpg

5yhi61.gif

There’s a very brief look at what looks to be a star-shaped portal right before the Marvel logo. From what I understand that’s her power, right?

I hope her powers are different than everyone else.
There’s a very brief look at what looks to be a star-shaped portal right before the Marvel logo. From what I understand that’s her power, right?
Right.
Although I'm not sure who is getting pulled through there (Defender Strange?) But you can see her distinct star-shaped portal. It's possible it was created by America.
d765e3ad979b2c6ca607d16b164f03d7.gif

As symbolized on her jacket...
88ecdc94e9469f5832255fe2dca49618.jpg

Last edited:
Right.
Although I'm not sure who is getting pulled through there (Defender Strange?) But you can see her distinct star-shaped portal. It's possible it was created by America.
d765e3ad979b2c6ca607d16b164f03d7.gif

As symbolized on her jacket...
88ecdc94e9469f5832255fe2dca49618.jpg

Creating Star shaped portals :up: because it's different than the portals Strange and Wong make. That's what I wanted to see from America. Now one thing

I didn't mind Ned in NWH using the same sling ring Strange and Wong used as long as it wasn't permanent for him and it wasn't.

Excited to see her in this and hope she gets a great showing and it opens up avenues for a bunch of further MCU appearances.

There was a story i read somewhere that the creator of America Chavez (Joe Casey) was kinda upset that Disney offered him a “pittance” when it was revealed that the character would feature in Doctor Strange 2.

His words :

1)“If I’m in a position where I can afford not to take their insult of an offer, and be able to talk about it, maybe the next guy – where that kind of money could change their life – would get a fair shot of receiving that money.”

2)“I’m a happy guy,” Casey added. “I’m not disgruntled. I’m not bitter. Because I know this is how this goes. I also know, this is how you change things, by talking about it.”

I hope Disney and Marvel starts treating the creators better

There was a story i read somewhere that the creator of America Chavez (Joe Casey) was kinda upset that Disney offered him a “pittance” when it was revealed that the character would feature in Doctor Strange 2.

His words :

1)“If I’m in a position where I can afford not to take their insult of an offer, and be able to talk about it, maybe the next guy – where that kind of money could change their life – would get a fair shot of receiving that money.”

2)“I’m a happy guy,” Casey added. “I’m not disgruntled. I’m not bitter. Because I know this is how this goes. I also know, this is how you change things, by talking about it.”

I hope Disney and Marvel starts treating the creators better

My own response: Is he fine with sharing those hypothetical royalties with everyone *else* who was involved in creating those comics? Because a big company comic book is *not* the product of one single person whose name is on the cover.

I am hypothetically sympathetic with the idea that work for hire shouldn't be a thing. . . but only if work for hire isn't a thing for *everyone* involved, not just the big name writer or artist on the cover. Either you are willing to share those royalties with the colorists, editors, and copy room boys who were all necessary to actually turn a script and a set of panels of art into an actual salable comic book, or else you aren't fighting for an end to work-for-hire, you are just trying to make sure that you are on the inside getting your cut.

Nice debut for this character. Looking forward to seeing her again.

I think she was alright. Her performance didn't blow me away, but the trope of the hero getting a young teen companion or sidekick at least didn't hurt it too much. She's more or less a plot device to get the narrative going.

I think she was alright. Her performance didn't blow me away, but the trope of the hero getting a young teen companion or sidekick at least didn't hurt it too much. She's more or less a plot device to get the narrative going.
Her developing relationship with Strange was nice to see and hopefully that continues to grow.

Loved her. Great find by Marvel; having endured a lot of bad CW shows, I know there’s always a risk when casting young talent. Fortunately, Marvel knows what it’s doing and they found an incredibly talented actor in the young Ms. Gomez. Excited to see where she pops up next. Maybe Ms. Marvel? Loki season 2 seems like a no-brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"