The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I still had the time to watch 154 movies.

g7NjBar.gif

I watched 119 movies in 2017, subtract some here and there when I watched a film for a second time. New and old releases.

I’ve gone to the theater probably 10-15 times more than I would have in 2017. Thank god for moviepass.

I haven't seen that many, but about midway through the year movie prices were slashed from $18.50-$24.50 (depending on the type of screen) to $10-$12 across all chains.

So I'm all ready to go see a bunch more than I usually would in the future.

I rarely even go to the movies anymore unless its a big blockbuster. Offhand, I remember seeing Spider-Man Homecoming, Justice League and The Last Jedi. I used to go to the movies about once a week many many years ago, but honestly there is so little that really interests me. I recently watched Baby Driver and that's probably my favourite movie of 2017.

Man, there's so many good films that deserve money more than the blockbusters. That's why cinema is dying, cuz ppl are only going out to see the gigantic popcorn movies and only watching the rest at home. I get the social event that is the fun blockbuster but man, hearing that from ppl makes me sad. Even me, I should be going out more to the theater to see the smaller movies instead of waiting.

Sorry to make you sad 2 days into the new year...haha. I tend to go see movies I'm generally interested in, which nowadays are superhero or star wars flicks. If they came out with a great western or a gritty suspense crime movie they'd have my money too. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time I've seen anything that has moved me enough to go to the theatre. I can't even say I've seen a lot of films at home that I wished I had seen in theatres. If anything, I've moved away from most films and started watching tv series like Fargo on tv.

I'm starting to think Jesse Eisenberg saw the 2001 Planet of the Apes movie and took the role of Thade (the ape general played by Tim Roth) for inspiration on how to play Lex Luthor. Close to face "huurrr, hhaarr" inspired "Hmmm, Haahaa", and "MMmmm, AH AH AH AH".

At least Thade doesn't change his motivations every scene he returns to.

We enjoy Burton's Planet of the Apes, to some degree.

The Snowman is pure grade A garbage. It's the perfect example on how not to make a movie.
There was a lot of behind the scene issues with the script and money.

Also don't let the critics fool you, Call Me by Your Name is french trash.

The Snowman is pure grade A garbage. It's the perfect example on how not to make a movie.
There was a lot of behind the scene issues with the script and money.

I didn't hear about the behind the scenes stuff. From the trailers I thought it would be good but it just really plods along. I'll skip Call me by Your name then.

Just saw I, Tonya. One of the best movies I've seen all year. Margot is fantastic in it, hilarious dark humor, and a great underdog story.

Seen a few more movies, so far I Tonya is remaining my favourite. The story and the performances were pretty engaging.

I, Tonya was alright. Allison Janney impressed me the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"