Young Justice Cartoon - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have been way more satisfying if--
It turned out Deathstroke was hired by Nightwing from the beginning instead of Miss Martian in disguise. This plan seemed too easy. It made The Light look like they were slipping rather than make The Team look smart. The Light plans for everything unexpected, but they had no plan for something as obvious as Miss Martian impersonating one of their ranks? Or the rest of their ranks impersonation, as well?

Well, they did have Aqualad comment of Savage always calling them children. Thus, summing up why the Team won this time.

Who's to say that the other Light leaders can't fight. Savage was smart enough to have Clarion by his side in his ring and used him when he needed. Not to mention. Savage and Clarion were apparently more than enough to take on Black Lightning, Capt. Marvel and Black Canary.

All I'm saying is that Black Manta should have been a better fighter than what was shown. In almost every fight if not all he was bested.

On another note, I find it interesting that Vandal boom tubed Black Lightning, Canary and Marvel back to the Hall of Justice instead of keeping them in cryostasis. I take it that was his way of saying don't mess with me and I won't mess with you until next time JL. He very easily could have kept those three prisoners or killed them by boom tubing them into space.

I also like how Ra's Al Ghul's henchman grabbed him and said, "He will be resurrected (sic)."

Who's to say that the other Light leaders can't fight. Savage was smart enough to have Clarion by his side in his ring and used him when he needed. Not to mention. Savage and Clarion were apparently more than enough to take on Black Lightning, Capt. Marvel and Black Canary.

All I'm saying is that Black Manta should have been a better fighter than what was shown. In almost every fight if not all he was bested.

On another note, I find it interesting that Vandal boom tubed Black Lightning, Canary and Marvel back to the Hall of Justice instead of keeping them in cryostasis. I take it that was his way of saying don't mess with me and I won't mess with you until next time JL. He very easily could have kept those three prisoners or killed them by boom tubing them into space.

I also like how Ra's Al Ghul's henchman grabbed him and said, "He will be resurrected (sic)."

I have a big problem with how Cap's power level seems to be dumbed down! Vandal Savage has no powers except that he is very smart and he is immortal. No super strength or speed. But he bests Capt Marvel??

It turns out that Aqualad's caution was very warranted, while everyone else was patting each other on the back. Caldour saw this vicotory as "half-full". Lex wasnt there, Al Ghul will be ressurected and Vandal got away with Clarion.....NOT GOOD AT ALL! And look what happened! Vandal got the War World!! Wow!

This show is amazing! I cannot believe they are taking this off the air and giving us Teen Titans Go! , again.

Last edited:
Captain Marvel, Canary, and Lightning were all defeated by Klarion, I doubt Savage did anything to them. That was all Klarion.

Last edited:
This episode was AMAZING...after so many "everything is all according to plan" endings it is finally great to see the Light actually be thwarted for once. Also, while I hate seeing Black Manta get jobbed, him being beat by Aqualad was a righteous jobbing. Also good to know that Aqualad noticed noble qualities in his father.

I had a feeling that Black Beetle and the Reach Ambassador didn't like each other. This episode pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Who's to say that the other Light leaders can't fight. Savage was smart enough to have Clarion by his side in his ring and used him when he needed.

And Black Manta was smart enough to have his son and his Manta Troops, not to mention the only scenes we've ever see him fight we're in Season 1 when he was just toying around with Kid Flash.

Not to mention. Savage and Clarion were apparently more than enough to take on Black Lightning, Capt. Marvel and Black Canary.
Klarion most definitely took care of them.

Based on what? All the fights that showed him we're showcasing his skills. Your entire argument is that Black Manta should be a different character because of how hyped season 2 made him for you. We saw what an emotional monster he was in season 1, we saw what a racist monster he was in the latest episode, yes we did see his noble savage side, but his heart was in the wrong place. He was an imposing leader like Vandal Savage, Ras' al Ghul and Lex Luthor, you simply have decided to have your own entitled opinions regarding how he should be portrayed, not how the show has intented to portray him.

So what was the deal with Savage boom tubing the three at the end?

Macho Man Vandal Savage has outsmarted them all as he got the Warworld, along with Mongul. I hope he does the flying elbow smash if he takes on the Justice League and Young Justice.

I liked "Summit," but it felt really rushed.

And Black Manta was smart enough to have his son and his Manta Troops, not to mention the only scenes we've ever see him fight we're in Season 1 when he was just toying around with Kid Flash.

Klarion most definitely took care of them.

Based on what? All the fights that showed him we're showcasing his skills. Your entire argument is that Black Manta should be a different character because of how hyped season 2 made him for you. We saw what an emotional monster he was in season 1, we saw what a racist monster he was in the latest episode, yes we did see his noble savage side, but his heart was in the wrong place. He was an imposing leader like Vandal Savage, Ras' al Ghul and Lex Luthor, you simply have decided to have your own entitled opinions regarding how he should be portrayed, not how the show has intented to portray him.

Yeah I think youre taking this way left field. Bottom line Black Manta should have been a better fighter...he practically got beaten way too easy by everyone he fought.

All that other stuff youre bringing up is irrelevant and beside the point. My point is they could and should have made him a better fighter. They didn't...oh well. No sense of crying over spilled milk. It's not like it's a sore subject for me. Just something that somewhat stuck out. Definitely not as close as the Wally fans griping episode after episode about having Wally come back. Or those defending Arsenal's PTSD and off-mission antics that were clearly not productive for the team.

Also, I was under the impression that Vandal Savage had above normal strength to go along with his superior intellect and immortality.

I doubt it was just Clarion that beat three formidable heroes. I'm sure Vandal had a hand. You just don't become leader of the Light on smarts alone. If that were the case than the other "smarter" villains would constantly try to overthrow him. Vandal is definitely more powerful than we were shown, too bad we will never see how powerful.

This show and the n52 have really made me sympathize with Black Manta in a lotta ways. I felt so damn bad for him in this episode. I'm glad I've gotten into Aquaman here lately though cuz it's awesome and Manta is a great villain and a piece of me really wants him to join Suicide Squad and take on somewhat of a more anti-hero or mercenary type role

Now that we know that the whole summit was recorded, will this evidence could easy the judgement of the JL in Rimbor?

That's exactly what I felt! I guess it was good enough at bringing closure but I feel like the amount of buildup that went into what went on here, it was a bit anticlimactic. But still enjoyable. I feel more at ease for the ending next week.

Now that we know that the whole summit was recorded, will this evidence could easy the judgement of the JL in Rimbor?

I doubt it. Like Vandal said (and was implied earlier) the justice system on Rimbor is built off of bribes and treachery. Even if all the evidence points one way, it'd be silly if they made it that the JL is automatically off the hook. They probably will due to the teasing footage we got way back when this half started, but I think it would be a good twist if the JL are still charged and held imprisoned leaving the Team and ragtag League to fend off whatever is coming with "ENDGAME".

This.

Plus I was utterly FLABBERGASTED at the fact that NONE of the Light members had suspected Kaldur of being a traitor. Seriously...?

'My friend.'? Wally, it wasn't since your last speaking role you were convinced Kaldur was a triple agent...And Lagoon Boy should've just batted MM's hand away in a 'this-doesn't-change-anything' fashion. If someone missed last episode you'd never think they'd just broken up.

Beetle taking over for the Reach in place of the Ambassador didn't surprise me at all.

I so called it in regards to Deathstroke and Manta.

Really not the best episode, but not the worst either. Here's hoping the final battle with Black Beetle is nothing short of epic and worthy of a series finale.

Last edited:
I doubt it was just Clarion that beat three formidable heroes. I'm sure Vandal had a hand. You just don't become leader of the Light on smarts alone. If that were the case than the other "smarter" villains would constantly try to overthrow him. Vandal is definitely more powerful than we were shown, too bad we will never see how powerful.

They would constantly try to overthrow him? Why?

They would constantly try to overthrow him? Why?

Because the goal of most villains is to gain complete control of something a person, an institution, a city... the world... Villains are always at each other's throats to be on top of the whole food chain. To be leader of the Earth's most powerful (presumably) team of supervillains would be a coveted thing I should think. But seeing how Vandal Savage is immortal, one does not simply overthrow him as leader.

Because the goal of most villains is to gain complete control of something a person, an institution, a city... the world... Villains are always at each other's throats to be on top of the whole food chain. To be leader of the Earth's most powerful (presumably) team of supervillains would be a coveted thing I should think. But seeing how Vandal Savage is immortal, one does not simply overthrow him as leader.

So villains can't be written differently? That's quite the tight box you've got 'em in. Weisman even said the members of the Light trust each other. And he's not the leader so much as he's the first among equals.

No Starscreams here.

So villains can't be written differently? That's quite the tight box you've got 'em in. Weisman even said the members of the Light trust each other. And he's not the leader so much as he's the first among equals.

No Starscreams here.

Yes, they can be written differently and yes the villains trust each other as much as their end games allow.

However, that is also getting off the initial topic, which was that Vandal is probably more powerful than we were ever shown. Also, that Klarion probably didn't take the team all by himself and that Vandal could have done some fighting too.

If this show has proven anything it is that nothing is for certain...at least that is how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"