Young X-Men

PhotoJones

Avenger
Reaction score
From CBR:

ComicBookResources said:
Much has been hinted by Marvel of changes to come for the Mutant side of the Marvel Universe post-"Mesiah CompleX," but the following press release -- created, ostensibly, to announce the sell-through of the first printing of "X-Factor" #26, contains quite innocuously the first mention yet of a new title called "Young X-Men." When asked, Marvel told CBR News, "No comment – stay tuned."

Eagled-eyed X-fans have noticed a distinct lack of a solicitation for a new issue of "New X-Men" in the previosly published Marvel March solicitations. While Marvel wouldn’t comment on that either, the lack of a "New X-Men" book and the mention of this "Young X-Men" title suggests the possibility of one replacing the other. Stay with CBR for more information as it becomes available.

If this was more in line with Young Avengers, with these mutant heroes being a sort of unsanctioned X-team doing what they do without the guidance of the X-Men, it could be interesting.

More likely, it'll New X-Men with a name change and a new number one to boost sales, though.

Written by Heinberg, and dumped after issue twelve with a promise to come back?

And now we know what Heinberg was doing at the Marvel Creative Summit. :(

From CBR:

If this was more in line with Young Avengers, with these mutant heroes being a sort of unsanctioned X-team doing what they do without the guidance of the X-Men, it could be interesting.

More likely, it'll New X-Men with a name change and a new number one to boost sales, though.

Yeah, that is what I am initially thinking it is. After all, New X-Men was a relaunch of Academy X, which was a relaunch of New Mutants, itself a relaunch...

I feel sorry for those books, because their original premise was completely gutted by things like Decimation and the like.

Isn't X-23 joining up in X-Force?

I could easily see it being a relaunch of New X-Men to fit the world after Messiah Complex. Because, you know, every little thing changes the face of mutant kind forever.

If it was written by Heinberg, though, I'd totally buy it. :(

Marvel always has a bunch of teen mutants which runs for a while. They they kill some of them off, disband the team and then about a month later they have a brand new team of teen mutants that are oh so different from the last but they aren't really.

maybe this is claremont's long delayed 'generationNEXT' with a new title. one can only hope.

claremont gets about as much love these days as rob liefeld

As well he should. The man is not fit to be writing company owned characters anymore.

well claremont is living off his reputation, but he wouldn't be the first comic writer to do so.

i thought it might be generationNEXT b/c the characters are analogues of the regular/senior x-men (like the young avengers to their counterparts).

maybe this is claremont's long delayed 'generationNEXT' with a new title. one can only hope.

Uh, no, since that whole thing was essentially a What If where all the characters aged in real time, so there's no way it would work with current continuity at all.

uh, did they say 'young x-men' was in continuity?

my apologies, specter...you just shouldn't start a post with 'uh.' it's makes you sound bad.

I don't care what the premise is, as long as it involves the NXM kids, I'm on it!

Wow Young X-men, Marvel sure know how to ****e out a brand name.

I'm scared for the X-titles, it seems instead of stream lining the X-books it's gonna be more of a cluster f**K than before.

The X-books are all on the same page now though. MC has been a blessing

I'm just not liking MC, the only thing I dig is Cyke growing some balls.

Other than that, this X-Force smells too 90s/Liefeld to me and I've never liked Cable or any other time misplaced X-man. Then we got yet another Wolverine title that's freaking three!! Wolverine titles!!

It just seems to me they are making the same mistakes from years past, when they should have just kept going with the brilliant new direction Grant Morrison set up for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"