World Your Favorite Norman Osborn?

Hobgoblin

Veritas veritatum
Reaction score
Norman, in my opinion, has been written two ways over the years: the unfortunate, amnesiac victim of an experiment gone wrong (pre-impalement) and the fully aware, in control psychopath (post resurrection).

I can appreciate the tragedy of Norman being forced to live with the consequences of his ambition but I really love the cold, spiteful bastard that embraces the power that the Goblin formula granted.

Lizard is a sympathetic villain because Connors was a decent man at his core but Norman is power hungry and ruthless and was granted the means to even more power. That is a dangerous combination.

hmmm, I do prefer the the monstrous psychopath. Cruel, cold and calculating. Spectacular spider-man did a great one. I also love seeing him wrestle mentally with the goblin driving him insane and feeding off his already unstable psyche.

Norman, in my opinion, has been written two ways over the years: the unfortunate, amnesiac victim of an experiment gone wrong (pre-impalement) and the fully aware, in control psychopath (post resurrection).

He was also a monster pre-amnesia. Read the Ditko comics, and #39 and #40 before he got the amnesia. He was no victim.

He was also a monster pre-amnesia. Read the Ditko comics, and #39 and #40 before he got the amnesia. He was no victim.

True but only to a point. Remember the drug issues, where Spidey forced Goblin to see Harry suffering from his drug addiction? He got so upset that he cried and fainted. No way would post death Norman do that. He did threaten to kill his own grandson after all.

The monster. Almost every adaptation of Norman portrayed him as good and the Goblin bad. It was refreshing for Spectacular Spider-man to portray him as a not so nice guy who will even break his own son's leg to frame him and cover up his crimes. It was also how he was portrayed in the original Lee/Ditko comics.

I dunno. He did tackle Dr Winkler as the Kingpin was going to kill Gwen and George Stacy at OsCorp. That was pretty selfless of him.

large-amazing_spider-man_611.jpg

Last edited:
True but only to a point. Remember the drug issues, where Spidey forced Goblin to see Harry suffering from his drug addiction? He got so upset that he cried and fainted. No way would post death Norman do that. He did threaten to kill his own grandson after all.

To be honest, I don't think Lee/Ditko's Goblin would have cried like that either. Keep in mind why that story was written in the first. Yes, it was for very noble reasons, but it got a bit preachy and that was one moment that even for that period I thought was a bit out of character.

To be honest, I don't think Lee/Ditko's Goblin would have cried like that either. Keep in mind why that story was written in the first. Yes, it was for very noble reasons, but it got a bit preachy and that was one moment that even for that period I thought was a bit out of character.

See my post above.

I see Norman as the control freak and the monster, that's how he should be
He loves his son, and that's the only human thing about him
I dunno. He did tackle Dr Winkler as the Kingpin was going to kill Gwen and George Stacy at OsCorp. That was pretty selfless of him.
large-amazing_spider-man_611.jpg
Leading to Sins Past
I think after he got shocked Norman's mind went out of its natural self and he behaved different, not his actual heart desire

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"