Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon | Netflix

The difference here is that even the Cult is silent.

I'm mostly seeing just anti-Gunn stuff from them, nothing about Rebel Moon. The main headline was that they don't think the guy playing Pa Kent is as hot as Kevin Costner. Or something.

Rebel Moon 2 will be my Friday night film. I do hope it's better than the first one. It almost has to be.

Yeah, it’s kind of telling how big Netflix was pushing the first one and seems to have just half-assed promoting this second one.

I can’t decide if I wanna bother watching these. I liked his DC work but hated AotD. And this gives me AoTD vibes quality wise.

I'm not even going to bother watching these until the director's cuts are out.

This first movie was ok, though the premise is decent. Second one I'll give a chance but not expecting a masterpiece or anything great.

Yeah, it’s kind of telling how big Netflix was pushing the first one and seems to have just half-assed promoting this second one.
Well, the first one must have underperformed even more so than it seemed and after the abysmal reviews and word-of-mouth, Netflix is not having much faith in the second one, so they're probably reluctant at spending any more promoting it. I'm sure it lost audience partially because Snyder had been trying to hype a yet to come version of the movies, even before Part One had debuted, but it really didn't resonate to most people either.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-04-19 114355.jpg

Yikes.

After the abysmal first film, I don't think I'll bother with this at all.

Looking forward to the next 6 :o.

They're literally shoveling coal into furnaces in the dreadnought's engine room hahahaha.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna hold on until the director's cuts. I was not a fan of part 1 and you can tell from the trailers that part 2 is basically a 2 hour third act. I dont think it's going to be much better. But I am willing to watch the full, raw director's cuts whenever they come out and full judge the films that way.

I think I'm gonna hold on until the director's cuts. I was not a fan of part 1 and you can tell from the trailers that part 2 is basically a 2 hour third act. I dont think it's going to be much better. But I am willing to watch the full, raw director's cuts whenever they come out and full judge the films that way.
The DCs, per Snyder's admission, sound like the exact same movies but with gore added back into the action scenes and some sex scenes. That's it.

Having just finished Part 2, this series is ass. I completely get why Lucasfilm turned this down. No way did they want this mess on their hands.

Zack thinks he’s a serious auteur because he refuses feedback, when’s really Tommy Wiseau or Uwe Boll working with more money.
It's more apparent once you realize that his best-received films are adaptations of previous works. Not counting the DCEU stuff in that category either because that's just taking pre-existing characters and throwing them in his own sandbox. If instead of being given the keys to the DC universe and he had chosen to do a live action adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns I don't think that would have been met with nearly as much vitriol as BvS.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"