Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon | Netflix

Snyder’s career trajectory is fascinating. Most directors either get better over time or, if they start to go downhill, decide to hang it up for a while. But not Zack. He not only gets worse with nearly every film, but it’s almost as if he TRIES to make movies that people (not just critics, but anyone who isn’t a member of his cult) will hate just so he can say, “YOU JUST LIKE FOCUS GROUPED HAPPY MEAL GARBAGE!”

What a ****ing tool. I don’t know how he gets talented actors to work for him. I guess the money is good.

what...the eff.....did I just watch? My god, what a waste of resources and manpower. And Zack has the gall to say that focus groups and studio mandates held him back from being more successful. :eyeroll: Dude's lost the plot...figuratively and literally. He should never be allowed to work on a script again. How anyone can defend him as if he were on the level of James Cameron or Denis Villeneuve is beyond me and they don't have nearly as rabid of a fanbase!

If what he said is true about wanting to do something for his next movie that's not a visual effects extravaganza, it'll either be the best thing that he can do in this situation - so he can hone his character work, pacing, and plot composition - or it'll be the worst thing for him if he is unable to break through his current limitations and evolve into a better storyteller. For his sake I hope he can pull a Joseph Kosinski and level up his game, cuz as of right now he's all style and no substance...and even his visual style has become very mundane and monotonous.

Now I'm gonna try my best to scrub my memory of this Frankenstein of a movie and finish Fallout. :dizzy:
1713582422996.png
Edit: I swear this wasn't staged. Warning: minor spoiler for Fallout
1713582304375.png

NOOOOOO!!! I'm trying to FORGET about Snyder!! :weeping::lol:

Last edited:
what...the eff.....did I just watch? My god, what a waste of resources and manpower. And Zack has the gall to say that focus groups and studio mandates held him back from being more successful. :eyeroll: Dude's lost the plot...figuratively and literally. He should never be allowed to work on a script again. How anyone can defend him as if he were on the level of James Cameron or Denis Villeneuve is beyond me and they don't have nearly as rabid of a fanbase!

If what he said is true about wanting to do something for his next movie that's not a visual effects extravaganza, it'll either be the best thing that he can do in this situation - so he can hone his character work, pacing, and plot composition - or it'll be the worst thing for him if he is unable to break through his current limitations and evolve into a better storyteller. For his sake I hope he can pull a Joseph Kosinski and level up his game, cuz as of right now he's all style and no substance...and even his visual style has become very mundane and monotonous.

Now I'm gonna try my best to scrub my memory of this Frankenstein of a movie and finish Fallout. :dizzy:
Edit: I swear this wasn't staged...
View attachment 88024
Warning: minor spoiler for Fallout
View attachment 88023

Hahahahaha I thought the same thing watching that scene in Fallout.

View attachment 88023

tumblr_o9k0033Fyb1qbwsdco4_250.gif

Snyder’s career trajectory is fascinating. Most directors either get better over time or, if they start to go downhill, decide to hang it up for a while. But not Zack. He not only gets worse with nearly every film, but it’s almost as if he TRIES to make movies that people (not just critics, but anyone who isn’t a member of his cult) will hate just so he can say, “YOU JUST LIKE FOCUS GROUPED HAPPY MEAL GARBAGE!”

What a ****ing tool. I don’t know how he gets talented actors to work for him. I guess the money is good.
Its kind of the Problem, because his biggest strength...this trust in his own abilities, is also his biggest fault.
He is not willing to accept Criticism and listen to it.
In his eyes, he does everything right and everyone else is wrong.
He knows how his movies should be and nobody has any right to tell him otherwise.

He strikes me as a chill guy so i can see why people want to work with him and all that.
I can see working on set with him being fun and stuff, maybe you can bring your ideas in etc.
But all that matters little when his end product isnt good.

Anyway, im currently thinking if i should give the second one a chance seeing as it is shaping up to be worse than the first.
I was planning on watching the first one when the "Directors cut" comes out and then the second, but seeing the first reactions to the second one...i feel like im just wasting my time giving this any attention at this point.
Doesnt help that Snyder came out with these recent pretentious comments.

In the first movie a character tames a big black bird animal. Watching scifi movies for decades i expected the animal to come on ship and join the group. It didnt. Does the bird come back in the second movie in the final battle? who rides it , the guy or Kora? I expect a set-up....and pay off. If its not back wtf Snyder? why would you introduce a big strong animal that can fly and not have it in the final battle with flying space ships?

Something like this

Michael Bay's sitting somewhere laughing his ass off going "Y'all were too harsh on me now, were ya?" Not saying Bay's much better, but at least he's not an idiot like this and keeps his paws of the scripts he gets.

The first was fair/OK, I'd give it a 5 and a half out of 10. At least it had some action to hold my attention.

But The 2nd? A complete snoozefest. It is soo boring. It had none ( or very little) of the big action the first had.
I had to cut it off and walk away.

I feel like if you combine both films, it's like 70% padding.

Not sure if anyone cares but I want to talk about the lapses in logic that are in this movie.

1. Noble and his crew still needing the wheat is a stupid plot point. In the first movie Noble tells the villagers that he's chasing the rebels but it's taking longer than he anticipated and his crew is running low on food. Fair enough.
But once Noble realizes that he's found Kora then she becomes the priority. It's established that her capture alone would get Noble what he wants. And then in Part Two Noble immediately figures out that Kora is back on Veldt and it will only take them 5 days to get there. So why do they still need the wheat? I know that right before the battle Kora tells Noble to take the wheat they need to travel back to the motherworld but the first movie already established that the dreadnought has FTL so do they really need the wheat that bad? And during the climax of the movie we find out that they actually don't as Noble is willing to blow up the entire village because Kora is aboard his ship and he's confident that he'll capture her. So really, the logical bargaining chip should have been Kora all along and not the wheat. Noble shows up but they can't risk destroying the village because they might kill Kora (and in Part One Balisarius ordered Noble to bring her in alive). That would be the logical angle here.
Because the movie needs to pretend that the wheat is still important there's also a hilarious scene towards the beginning of the film. The young soldier comes to inform our heroes that the dreadnought is heading their way and the conclusion that Titus draws is "they must really want that grain" instead of realizing that they're after Kora. It's especially funny because in the first movie it was established that out of all the characters it is Titus who knows the importance of Arthelais.

2. Characters' actions make no sense. Throughout the first movie it is made clear again and again that the Imperium cannot be trusted. And again in this movie. Titus' backstory exemplifies this. He surrendered himself so his men would be spared but they were all killed anyway. So what does Kora want to do when Noble arrives on Veldt? She offers herself up so the villagers would be spared. Even though she knows how cruel the Imperium is. Her whole backstory is literally about how cruel the Imperium is. In the first movie she even says that the villagers are stupid for thinking that they will be spared if they give the wheat to Noble. So Kora thinking that Noble might show mercy this time is literally this:

View attachment 88017

And even Titus tells Hagan that he thinks they can negotiate a trade with Noble which doesn't make any sense because if they give him the grain then what stops Noble from killing them all? And Titus says this right after he tells everyone about his tragic backstory.

3. The 5 day deadline is ridiculous. in the first film Gunnar told Noble that it will take them 9 weeks to harvest the crops but with the help of Titus' pep talk it magically takes them just 3 days. And in another 2 days they manage to train the villagers, build the fortifications and dig out the dropship. And Sam has time to make unique quilts for each of our heroes. and talks about them like she's really come to know them but it has literally been a few days.

4. Out of nowhere Titus hits everyone with the revelation that Princess Issa is alive. How does he know that? He doesn't elaborate and nobody questions him on that.

5. Not really an issue with logic but it's frustrating how the movie doesn't do anything with the stuff it sets up. I for sure thought that Noble cutting his recovery short would pay off in the end. Maybe as a result he's not thinking straight and makes decisions that screw everything up. Or maybe he's not fully physically recovered and in a pivotal moment loses to Kora in a fight because of it. I expected something. But no. It was just your typical "bad guy kills a subordinate" scene.
The needing wheat was stupid.
Instead of wheat, It should have been some type of mineral that their ships and weapons need, and it's only found there.
The locals "farm" it.

Watched the first movie again last night in anticipation, still enjoyed it a lot.

This from December explains Snyder’s abuse of slow motion. He claims by default he shoots in slow motion and then later he decides what parts get to be ‘normal movie’ speed of 24 frames per second.

Last edited:
Hahahahaha I thought the same thing watching that scene in Fallout.
Sooo...after finishing the episode I'm convinced that was either a dig or homage to that scene in BvS.

Warning: Spoilers for Fallout
They deliberately focused on her as she was saying her name and later on in the episode, she's the last ghoul to be released. She's the one that leaves a lasting impression on us because she's the most "human" out of all the soulless ghouls, similar to Batman realizing how "human" Clark is in the Martha scene. It's just that Batman realized that Clark is human and Lucy had to realize the ghoul's humanity was fading, the opposites of each other. But I think the narratives are too similar to just be pure coincidence. Either way, the setup and payoff in Fallout was done WAYYY better.

Alright, I watched Part 2 straight after Part 1 last night to refreshing my memory of it and on Zack's recommendation. Can't say that I can really picture both 1 and 2 as one movie or at least a decently good one with the amount of stuff you'll have to cut. But maybe someone with an good eye can stitch both together.

But anyway, this was the movie I was waiting for when watching Part 1! Don't get me wrong I like Part 1 but Part 2 stands above it for me. I loved it! My expectations and predictions for what some of the stuff that was going to happen in this movie was off but, man, was this really was a war movie. I hope we get more Rebel Moon content soon because this wait until Zack finishes the next army movie is too long for me.

I would compare his career trajectory to Shyamalan's. Snyder is currently in his The Happening/The Last Airbender phase. I personally like most of Snyder's work (I really liked his JL) but with Rebel Moon it seriously feels like he has completely forgotten how to make a movie.

Looks like I wasn't alone in deciding to watch Part 1 and 2 together when it premiered!

I still have yet to watch it, but I purposefully held off so that when I do get around to it -

I can see them back to back.

Probably by end of next month or soon after. Currently on Trek binge watch (all shows).

I still have yet to watch it, but I purposefully held off so that when I do get around to it -

I can see them back to back.

Probably by end of next month or soon after. Currently on Trek binge watch (all shows).

Might as well wait for the extended cuts at this point.

I would compare his career trajectory to Shyamalan's. Snyder is currently in his The Happening/The Last Airbender phase. I personally like most of Snyder's work (I really liked his JL) but with Rebel Moon it seriously feels like he has completely forgotten how to make a movie.
Good luck to Snyder doing anything remotely as interesting and remarkable as Split after all these loads of crap, though.
Confirmed. The exact date is still unknown but some time during the summer.
I think they said sometime in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"