Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon | Netflix

Will remember that, thanks.

The Princess you mean?
Yes,
How did the character who dispelled that information even know that and why did no one wonder why he knew. It's such a strangely crafted film. The script is so bananas.
That point is after the main story is over and fulfills the same role as an after-the-credits scene. It's an epilogue, or at least that's how I took it.

Last edited:
Yes,

That point is after the main story is over and fulfills the same role as an after-the-credits scene. It's an epilogue, or at least that's how I took it.

Sure? Idk if that really makes it make sense though. Kora is saying she doesn't deserve honor or rememberance like the fallen few due to her past, Titus reveals something that alters her past, and then they just end the film saying they'll fight to find a certain character. I'm saying, how does he know this information, why is no one questioning how he knows it, etc etc.

If it's purposefully truncated to set up another installment, fine, I guess, it's still just odd to me to reveal it that way.

Here's the two minute farm scene. I kind of dug it. I thought it had the kind of character work that people critique Snyder for not having.

In general though, I appreciate "setting" as being very important, I want places to feel like places.

The tweet has a range of responses, covering the span between snark and praise.

Sure? Idk if that really makes it make sense though. Kora is saying she doesn't deserve honor or rememberance like the fallen few due to her past, Titus reveals something that alters her past, and then they just end the film saying they'll fight to find a certain character. I'm saying, how does he know this information, why is no one questioning how he knows it, etc etc.

If it's purposefully truncated to set up another installment, fine, I guess, it's still just odd to me to reveal it that way.

It's not revealed in the movie. How I think he knows it is that he was a high ranking general in the empire, and what I took from that scene was an element of timeline, that he became disgraced after Kora. I don't think that component had gone up yet but given the reveal it likely has to be true. But for me I take it for granted that high ranking general will know a lot. The bigger mystery to me is why Belisarius kept the princess alive.

There's a weird scene earlier. When the princess was shot, sparks flew out of her. I don't know if that was melodramatic nonsense or something else.

Separately, I wonder if Snyder hopes to eventually connect Rebel Moon to Army of the Dead.

Will remember that, thanks.

The Princess you mean?

What would you rather have,

More army of the dead, rebel moon, or DCEU films?

Would anyone have cared if the grain subplot just disappeared? :o

I still don't get releasing director's cuts of a movie franchise when you are a streaming entity.
I honestly have no clue and it's not like with Justice League where a family tragedy made him give it to another director or BvS where it was cut down for more showings in theaters.

I honestly have no clue and it's not like with Justice League where a family tragedy made him give it to another director or BvS where it was cut down for more showings in theaters.

I mean if you ultimately want to make six movies, why not make these movies the best they can be? They aren't really being released in theaters. Netflix is not a theatrical player save for some exceptions. What's the point of releasing inferior cuts straight to streaming? Like what's the benefit? Sure you can maybe maximize and milk the hype of these, but it seems these shorter cuts only make the experience more obtrusive and confusing.

Are you really going to spike viewership and subscribers by adding director's cuts?

MV5BNDk2YTA1MGYtMGNjMi00YTJlLWI1YjItMjBjOGJlZGIwZmYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODA0MjgyNzM@._V1_FMjpg_UX220_.jpg
MV5BNjg5YzIwMmMtOWMzZS00NWExLWE3MTUtZjVmNjVlNjdmZjY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX220_.jpg

Stuff like this exists on Netflix so yeah it's a how-many-times-can-we-squeeze-this-stone-for-water thing. Rebel Moon Part 1 has references to sexual assault in it anyway, if you want to make some expensive live-action PG space fairy tale this isn't the guy (Snyder) you get to do it in the first place and then reduce it down somewhat.

Anyway, haven't watched Part 2, Netflix cares about engagement numbers more than reviews.

The most-watched title of the week overall was “Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver,” the follow-up to Zack Snyder’s 2023 film “Rebel Moon — Part One: A Child of Fire.” The movie hit 21.4 million views in its first three days of availability, putting it slightly behind “Part One,” which reached 23.9 million views in the same amount of time. The release of “Part Two” also gave a boost to “Part One,” which returned as the No. 5 English-language film with 5.5 million views

Genuinely surprised that the drop-off from part one is so small considering the negative reception to part one and lack of marketing for part two. Of course, Part Two might crater in week 2.

What would you rather have,

More army of the dead, rebel moon, or DCEU films?

At this point, more Rebel Moon. However in an ideal world he would have finished his DCEU, which personally I enjoyed a lot.

AOTD was pretty good, but we have seen Snyder do zombies before.

Last edited:
I still don't get releasing director's cuts of a movie franchise when you are a streaming entity.

Netflix wanted 2-hour versions because shorter movies do better numbers.

“Originally, the script was one movie, but it was in ‘Zack form,’” says his wife and longtime producing partner, Deborah Snyder. “It was 172 pages.” Typically, a page of script equals a minute onscreen. So Rebel Moon was shaping up to be approximately three hours long—which worried Netflix film chairman Scott Stuber. “Stuber was like, ‘On the service, under-two-hour movies really do better for some reason,’ even though you’ll binge-watch a series of eight episodes,” Deborah Snyder says. “Zack said, ‘If you ask me to make this less than two hours, I’m going to lose all the character. You won’t care about these people. It’s a character story about how people can change, and redemption, and what are you willing to fight for…’ So he said, ‘What if I give you two movies?’”

Genuinely surprised that the drop-off from part one is so small considering the negative reception to part one and lack of marketing for part two. Of course, Part Two might crater in week 2.

I assume the algorithm made it so that everyone who saw the first movie gets to see part 2 as a tile on the front page when they log in.

Netflix wanted 2-hour versions because shorter movies do better numbers.

His wife and producer of the movie says so, and it could very much be partially true, but I think it's mostly a marketing ploy. To basically film one movie and have four releases in different dates in order to have more views and to capitalise from both this "franchise" and from the whole Snyder cut mentality yet again.

His wife and producer of the movie says so, and it could very much be partially true, but I think it's mostly a marketing ploy. To basically film one movie and have four releases in different dates in order to have more views and to capitalise from both this "franchise" and from the whole Snyder cut mentality yet again.

Possible but I personally believe the official explanation. For instance, my gf and many of my friends are willing to binge a TV show but they groan if I suggest watching a movie that's over 2 hours and 30 minutes long. Totally anecdotal, of course. And it's very possible that Netflix has compared something like The Irishman to their shorter films and made a calculated decision here.

Possible but I personally believe the official explanation. For instance, my gf and many of my friends are willing to binge a TV show but they groan if I suggest watching a movie that's over 2 hours and 30 minutes long. Totally anecdotal, of course. And it's very possible that Netflix has compared something like The Irishman to their shorter films and made a calculated decision here.
It's ironic, because when people binge watch TV shows they often end up devoting a lot more than two and a half hours ...

I assume the algorithm made it so that everyone who saw the first movie gets to see part 2 as a tile on the front page when they log in.
I personally go by the previews, so kind of like you say. I end up watching a lot of good shows and movies that I wouldn't hear about otherwise. I can no longer rely on theater previews as I'm at home until my children are older. I used to watch nearly every comic book movie in theaters.

Chimp Empire
To the Bone
Spaceman
Squid Game
Inheritance
Rorouni Kenshin
Suits
Sweet Tooth
The Empress

Are some good movies and shows I've watched recently. I have no idea what the reviews are like for most of them. If something is bad, I'll just move on.

I just checked the reviews for Chimp Empire. 100% fresh --- with five reviews. So totally uninformative.

Last edited:
It's ironic, because when people binge watch TV shows they often end up devoting a lot more than two and a half hours ...

Yup but I think a TV show doesn't feel like such a big commitment because you have the option of taking a break every 40-60 minutes. Nothing stops you from pausing a film, of course, but I think we're still conditioned to watch a movie in one go.

It’s funny, I must be the opposite of the “mainstream” in that I will happily watch a 3+ hour film, but if I see that an episode of a show is 45+ minutes, that’s when I complain lol

Don’t even get me started on hour long episodes!

It’s funny, I must be the opposite of the “mainstream” in that I will happily watch a 3+ hour film, but if I see that an episode of a show is 45+ minutes, that’s when I complain lol

Don’t even get me started on hour long episodes!

You're really going against the grain (no pun intended) then because most people complain that episodes aren't long enough. I think people obsessing over episode lengths started with GoT. Folks were upset if an episode was only 50 minutes or so because they felt they weren't getting their money's worth. A bunch of youtubers were upset quite recently when it was announced that episodes of the Acolyte will be around 35 minutes each in line with all of their previous SW shows.

But coming back to Rebel Moon, what I do find funny is that Snyder pitched Netflix a 3-hour movie, Netflix offered him 4 hours total and Snyder delivered a 6-hour movie. If he actually needed 6 hours then what would his single 3-hour movie have looked like?

Then why even make director's cuts at all?

Its funny, I havent seen this yet (dont know if i will at all) but I've noticed that even Snyder fans seem to be tepid on these movies. This aint like with Snyder's DC efforts where one side hates it and the other side thinks its brilliant, i have seen nothing but bad reception to this movie, even moreso than part 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"