Zack Snyder Talks Watchmen!

what?! i thought since they're filming this fall that the movie would come out next fall or summer.

Nice to see people taking its work seriously. You guys can be happy, you probably will get an amazing film. Not like many other comics, so be calm, the time passes quickly. :yay:

2009..... a little longer than i expected. its probably gonna have qutie a bit of VFX work for post production to take that long.

:hyper:

Now we need a Watchmen bloodied smiley face emoticon. :yay:

Or, even better, a Rorschach face emoticon. :ninja:

There is nothing we need more
rorschachsmileyig3.gif

can we use that smiley instead? or is SHH gonna make its own?

That's right move. In Nov'08 Harry Potter 6 will be the king, so I would take a risk releasing doubtful (in terms of BO success) comic book adaptation in Seven's style trying to beat such a huge shark.

Since Watchmen and Harry Potter are both from Warner Bros. the studio would never launch those two movies in the same month. That's why December looked like the only month in 2008 since WB had set dates for the rest of the year plus what other studios are releasing.

Quint from AICN interviews Snyder: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33491

Zack Snyder: I shoot from the 17th of September to the end of February, so it’s quite a long shoot. It’s like a hundred days.

Zack Snyder: I don’t know. I don’t know. We have a script, right? Then when I draw the movie over, I change the whole thing around. I just do… you can’t help it. I’m drawing and I’m like… because I have the graphic novel over here and I have the script over here, I’m like “Oh no, I need that piece of voice over from the thing” or “I need…” So I’m about to do another rewrite and we’ll see, but it’s long.

I recorded the whole panel. When I get home I'll try and upload it on youtube.

That would rock! Thank you... :yay:

Did anyone ever ask him if Veidt will die?

No, actually I thought most of the questions were pretty lame. I would have asked, but that line formed pretty fast, and I wasn't really close.

Pretty cool bit of info there.

"There are a lot of sort of fetishistic things that I go, ‘Man, that’s going to be awesome!’ The first day of Rorschach, no matter what it is, him in his full deal doing his thing is going to be like Boom! One of the things I’m really interested in is the birth of Dr. Manhattan in the cafeteria at Gila Flats, naked and floating in the cafeteria. That’s one of those things that are so iconic."

Yeah, imagine the first day of shooting scenes with Rorschach himself. :wow:
And the birth of Manhattan... damn... is gonna be so crazy to behold in live action. :hyper:
I just hope he really is as fetishistic as he says...

Jackie [Earle Haley]’s been training like crazy.

He’s a black belt, I’ve heard?

He’s a black belt, right. So that’s awesome. He wants when he’s in prison for his shoulders to be huge. And I think that’s cool.

So, now we know why Haley got the gig. He 'n' Zack obviously see eye-to-eye on where to go with this character.

Can't wait to see a beefed-up Rorschach in kung-fu action.

RORSCHACTION!

That's gonna be so, like... awesome.

And faithful/respectful, of course...

My head hurts from reading that guy's interviews:

"There's this scene I wanna do that's, like, totally awesome, and like, I think it's kinda cool, because it's, like, awesome and f**king cool. It's awesome, man. Then there's that other thing with Doctor Manhattan in 'Nam and he's like, blowing sh** up, and that's, like, totally awesome, man. So there I was, talking to Warners, they say they wanna go for PG-13, but I'm like, no way, R-rated all the way because I think it's kinda cool, man. And not to mention awesome."

Jesus.

My head hurts from reading that guy's interviews:

"There's this scene I wanna do that's, like, totally awesome, and like, I think it's kinda cool, because it's, like, awesome and f**king cool. It's awesome, man. Then there's that other thing with Doctor Manhattan in 'Nam and he's like, blowing sh** up, and that's, like, totally awesome, man. So there I was, talking to Warners, they say they wanna go for PG-13, but I'm like, no way, R-rated all the way because I think it's kinda cool, man. And not to mention awesome."

Jesus.

Would you feel better if Peter Bogdanovich were directing? Maybe he should wear an ascot and refer to himself in the third-person?

While the rampant "dudes" and "awesomes" may be off-putting, it doesn't alter the fact that the dude understands and respects the material.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N2YeYmitcvM
He doesn't say "totally" even once!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"