DC Animation ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit

Some images seem to be floating about Twitter (or X). People saying they are legit from their sources, but the animation doesn't look all that ''cutting edge'' to be me.

I won't link them here (or anywhere) as that would be disrespectful and the crew have done such a good job preventing any leaks thus far. Still, they are there if you want to peruse them and I'm sure they'll start making noise soon enough.
Yeah, if they're real, I'm severely disappointed by the animation style given how much they've hyped it up. Looks generic.

I really dig it, honestly. It seems close to what I had expected so I don't have much issues with it. Very curious to see how it all looks that in the context of the show. It's got that "TAS" inspired feel which is kinda all I was asking for.

I really don't love the Catwoman design, but I guess it fits with the time period they are going for.

How everything looks in motion will be the important thing, but based on the press release, I thought we might have had an animation style closer to Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai. A sort of 2D/3D painterly blend.

I like the Clayface and Harley Quinn design the most.

Bit iffy on the design for Two-Face and Catwoman

Seems like it was legit, as the designs and screenshots were taken off X.

Wasn't a fan of Catwoman. Costume...ok. but she looks so plain

They're fine. Half look retro and the other half look too TNBA.

I actually forgot this was coming out... Cool to see Harley, Clayface, & Catwoman.

I'll definitely be tuning in.

Great stuff, but I’m surprised we’ve gotten a full article written about the show and yet we still don’t know who’ll be playing these characters.

I really do love that golden age throwback Clayface, though.

All episodes at once? I don’t love that.

I'm liking the old school designs for Batman, Catwoman, and Clayface. I'm glad they're going for the original concept of Clayface as well. I guess we'll see regarding Harley Quinn. Hopefully, we get Doctor Death, Mad Monk, and Hugo Strange.

This take on Bruce sounds like it could go either way, but I like that he won't be obsessed with his parents murder. Finger/Kane Bruce didn't seem like the type of guy who relived his parents getting shot every time he closed his eyes.

Finally a first look at this series, I look forward to binge watching all 10 episodes in August. Anyword on the voice cast ?

This looks fantastic! Too bad it’s only 10 episodes!

Not a fan of dropping all 10 at once. People are going to forget about it after a week.

Looks incredible though big BIG fan of the 1940s setting and aesthetic. Batman just FITS that time period so well (probably because he was created then LOL).

The designs look cool, I just hope to god they fix the framerate that's been plaguing the DC animated movies.

I was about to complain about not having any news about this show a few hours ago before changing my mind (we already complain enough on the Superman thread ahah).
I'm thrilled to finally see a little more and to finally have a date! This is the DC project I'm most looking forward to.

Come on, a little trailer and I'll be able to wait in peace!

Finally! And it's cool to see Reeves is still alive :lol: (we're starving so much for TB2 news, damn...)
This looks great.

Inverting Harley is a very interesting idea.

A lot will not be happy that she isn't blonde among other things

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"