DC TV Series Gotham Knights Series In Development at CW

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
Gotham Knights Series in Development at The CW, Based on DC Comics

The CW has put into development Gotham Knights, a live-action superhero series based on the DC comics.

The premise: In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, the TV series finds his rebellious adopted son* forging an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies, when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. Now branded the city’s most wanted criminals, this “renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names — but in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been.”

Chad Fiveash and James Stoteraux (both of Batwoman and Gotham) will serve as writers and executive producers on the project, while Natalie Abrams (Batwoman) is a writer/co-EP. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and David Madden will also serve as EPs.

Despite the aforementioned creatives’ shared pedigree and the setting, Gotham Knights is not a spinoff of The CW’s Batwoman, nor is it based on the Warner Bros. Games video game series of the same name.

How is this gonna work? Dick/Nightwing, Tim Drake, Jason Todd/Red Hood, and Barbara/Oracle are in Titans recently, so how? Damian Wayne maybe?

Just when I thought The CW DC series were winding down here comes this series. I’ll watch though I’m gonna admit.

Robin is my favorite character so I’m somewhat excited… I just know it’ll suck though. Hopefully I’m wrong. Doubt it though.

If we can get something like Superman and Lois you never know it might turn out pretty good with the right team.

I wouldn’t mind that. It’s something different.

56C0DA74-DB07-4517-A1D3-038F3C79B431.jpeg D19123DF-6CC7-4517-99A1-A33FBB57E763.jpeg 22BA012E-FA37-4B59-B84E-2011B092C567.jpeg 2B7523D4-999D-4F2F-BB47-53375B4F3524.jpeg 39C3FF91-A025-4024-8F2A-5F800EAEBF17.jpeg 13E5764D-A315-437A-B608-868C11B76A09.jpeg 7AF733CF-6727-490A-8DD5-F017E17C646B.jpeg

There is a ton of potential in the concept but I’m certain the uninspiring creative team and the CW will find a way to **** this up. Hopefully I’m wrong.

MFex.gif

How many shows can we get set in Gotham with knock offs post batman and fam/enemies?

Batwoman is basically what this show is already about.

Does that mean they can cancel Batwoman now... :o

View attachment 51423 View attachment 51424 View attachment 51425 View attachment 51426 View attachment 51427 View attachment 51428 View attachment 51429

There is a ton of potential in the concept but I’m certain the uninspiring creative team and the CW will find a way to **** this up. Hopefully I’m wrong.

TheCW and DC putting embargos on certain characters just like they do Batman.

Nightwing - Titans
Batgirl/Oracle - Titans/Batgirl
Tim Drake - Titans
Jason Todd - Mayyybee on Titans so maybe Gotham Knights
Batwoman - Batwoman
Batwing - Batwoman
Damian - biological son so not adopted
Stephanie Brown - possible
Cassandra Kane - doubt it but possible

It'll either be Jason or Duke like someone said and kids of villains which will likely be a mix of OG characters and comic characters. Maybe Stephanie Brown, Duela Dent.

And then they’ll all eventually crossover for a desperate ratings ploy on infinite earths.

Sounds like a huge pile of crap. That creative team mixed with that network :D:. As a fan of these characters, Ill pass on this one.

At least the people making youtube videos about how much the CW shows suck will get more material .

It will be a B-class version like Suicide Squad in Arrow.

Batwing, Oracle (no costume), Thomas Duke, Huntress and few made up characters like John Diggle.

Eh, that its CW already kills any possible excitement for me.
Not CW related and without weird Rules who to use or not...something like this could be cool.

A show focusing on the Batfamily and their adventure, while a different show in the same universe is about Batmans adventures...who is not dead because thats a bull**** idea.

We could have cool things, but instead we get CW edgy teen stuff.

Children of Batman's enemies. We have something like this in Batwoman's current season. Why not bring this idea over to Batwoman instead?

I wonder if WB just doesn't allow them to do a Batman show, maybe because they're affraid it might hurt the character if the show sucks. Or they want to save him for the movies, instead of giving him away for free.

I'll check it out. I get that people are immediately thinking of Batwoman, but maybe it will be on the level of Superman & Lois and Stargirl.

*Edit. I missed the part that it's being made by the people who are also doing Batwoman though... :csad:

Last edited:
We ultimately won’t know till we get footage. It might suck but hoping for the best if it even gets picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"