DC TV Series Naomi series in the works from Ava DuVernay

Yeah this continues to look dope. Hoping it’s good though.

Curious to see if they'll get Tyler to cameo as Superman or if we're in for another Supergirl Season 1 type of situation when it comes to the character's appearances.

I hope that the Superman cameo in the pilot foreshadows a crossover down the line. between them.

Interesting...

FISSF_yWYAoT_tr

It would be nice if Brandon Routh's KC Superman appears in Naomi either in regular or recurring basis.

The pilot was decent, I liked all the characters we were introduced to.

The only thing I worry about....is...I dont know how smart it is to have Naomi be a total mystery to the general audience? I get that we are going along with her on this mystery but not really having any spectacular heroics really happen in majority of it may have been...not the right call?

But overall I enjoyed it and I'll definitely stick around to see what comes of it all.

I liked the pilot. I mean the mystery is intriguing but I just hope they don’t drag it out to much. Teen and adult actors did a pretty good job overall. I like that Naomi is popular but sometimes it seems like she’s too cool but it’s different then the usual underdog story and she kinda reminds me of Jennifer from Black Lightning in someways. Looking forward to the next episode.

Solid premiere. I like that Naomi has this massive interest in superheroes to the point that she has a Superman site. I don't mind her being cool and popular at school. She doesn't flaunt it or act preppy like Cindy would over in Blue Valley. Plus, I'm curious about all the questions raised by the mystery of her past.

And yeah, that Superman briefly shown definitely looks more like Routh than Hoechlin.

So… from the trailer and early moments of the pilot, Naomi seemed to be a big fan (and blogger) of Superman — the “real life” superhero. But as it turns out, she’s a fan of the fictional comic book character. I.e., Naomi lives in our “normal” universe. And yet, fanciful superhero shenanigans (tattoo guy with wings, for example) are soon revealed. Normally, I don’t mind slow and gradual exposition and world-building over several episodes. (Indeed, too much exposition too soon is often clumsy and amateurish.) That said, I was a tad confused by the scenario being laid out. (Perhaps knowledge of the source material helps? I’m a Naomi newbie.)

Still, a decent enough pilot. I’m in for a least a few more episodes.

Superman & Lois, Flash, Stargirl, and Naomi are the ones drawing high numbers out of the DCU Arrowverse shows.

Great followup to the premiere as it picked right where it left off rather than doing the lazy time jumps.

I wonder if they will ever reveal a real name for their "Hawkman" or if this is their way of getting around the embargo that DC probably put on him due to Black Adam.

Pretty good second chapter.

Chase Anderson is playing Adam Blake, Captain Comet.

FJ_sQjQXIAMZ-Y_

StrangeAdventures9.jpg

Not familiar with the character but cool.

So now we know that adopted Naomi originally hails from "Earth 29." Therefore, the setting for the show is... not Earth 29. :word:

The name drop of S.T.A.R. Labs in the preview for next week's episode was interesting to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"