DC TV Series Naomi series in the works from Ava DuVernay

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
ComicsGallery_DC_20190710__Naomi06_Cover_b_5d140e0d367a44.55190216.jpg

Per the official logline, the series follows a teen girl’s journey from her small Northwestern town to “the heights of the multiverse.” When a supernatural event shakes Naomi’s hometown to the core, she sets out to uncover its origins — “and what she discovers will challenge everything we believe about our heroes.”

Naomi debuted as a comic book series in 2019 with Naomi: Season One, which was co-written by Brian Michael Bendis and David F. Walker, and illustrated by Jamal Campbell.
The CW Teams With Ava DuVernay on Naomi Series, Based on DC Superhero

Greg Berlanti is not attached to this project at all.

Hope Tyler's superman cameos. Charter has a lot of potential even if the and wonder girl should have been on hbo max imo.

I see crossovers between Superman and Lois and Naomi if it gets a series order.

Just binged the first “season” of the comic. Got a similar vibe from it that BKV’s Runaways gave me the first time I read it, and that’s high praise.

Though the story covered in the comic would probably only make for 2-3 episodes, so even with Bendis saying Naomi 2 is coming, I’ll be curious to see how quickly the show laps its source material.

Just binged the first “season” of the comic. Got a similar vibe from it that BKV’s Runaways gave me the first time I read it, and that’s high praise.

Though the story covered in the comic would probably only make for 2-3 episodes, so even with Bendis saying Naomi 2 is coming, I’ll be curious to see how quickly the show laps its source material.

im sure cw will have separate ideas implemented.Could probably do short season based on the first season of the comic plus new stories they develop themselves.

I'm surprised they cast an actual TEENager for the role, good for her.

Looking forward to this! Jamal is actually a buddy of mine, so it’s cool to see his work literally come to life.

Wait! Will this not be live action?

Just found out this was picked up so that’s pretty cool. Never read the comic but I’m looking forward to the series.

Curious to see if Superman will be largely seen from a distance in the pilot or if they drop an actual Hoechlin cameo.

Tyler Hoechlin must cameo as Superman for the Naomi pilot. Maybe Ava Duvernay can allow Naomi to appear in Superman & Lois for crosover.

Great pairing with Superman & Lois and Naomi.

a hawk guy anyway. I think the thanagarians and rann have good potential for adaptation. Krypton did a bit but maybe the shows and movies will do more with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"