Arrowverse General Wonder Girl series in development

How is she part Native American?
The report for the show said her father is a brazilian god,so that would be a native american god.So she is part god and part amazonian.The amazonian and latino part would be her mother side.

How is she part Native American?

well Latino isn’t a race and most Latinos are Native Americans racially. So characters like Jaime Reyes, Jessica Cruz..etc are also Native Americans racially but Latinos ethnically. Yara was based on an Indigenous Brazilian model and sports the face paint typical of the Tupi-Guarani people

most Latinos are Native Americans racially.

This was said in another forum below.
There is controversy i have seen online with this view because there are those and reports saying most latinos are still white.
For example argentina,chile and brazil have large white latino populations.

So does the u.s. and most latinos are classified as white in america anyway in the real world or our universe(but not in u.s. comics that are alternate universes).
There are folks who include Spaniards of spain as latino as well.

Most native american in real life are asiatic racially(having a east asian phenotype) but there are brown,black and white ones.
For example the actress who played dani moonstar in the new mutants movie is brown,not asiatic.
In comics dani is asiatic and once awhile drawn brown but she suppose to be asiatic.
In u.s. comics a large number of native americans shown to be brown however and large number are shown to asiatic.
So native americans are varied races just like latinos and arabs.
Yara flora from most of art i have seen has shown her to be brown while few others shown her to be black looking but that was some of art at the beginning.Yara flora will be brown in comics however.
For the tv show we have wait to see if they chose a brown latino or asiatic one.A brown one would be like the comics.
America chavez or the actress playing her in the mcu is latino but a asiatic one,so she was racebent.
She is a brown latino in comics and the cartoons.

Yara was based on an Indigenous Brazilian model and sports the face paint typical of the Tupi-Guarani people
And this.
Keep in mind the model they based her looks on is racially different.
The model has east asian racial phenotype,east asian looking eyes etc..
Yara does not have those facial features.
The only thing they really have in common looking at the art is almost the skin tone and that varies depending on the art i have seen so far.
President superman(Calvin Ellis) was based on Obama but they do not look alike.
The only thing they have in common is they are both black and they both were Presidents on thier earths.
See my point.
Based ON, could have varied meanings,could be misinterpreted and could be changed so we have to be careful.
He might of gotten certain ideas but that does not mean comic yara is native american or identify as one partly even if she is part native american.
This could change down the road however.
Even if the comic version is native american she racially does not look like the model.
We need to wait for the story first in the comics and i could be wrong but it is most likely she is latino like the upcoming tv verison.
We need official confirmation from dc itself (not tweets for example)for the comic version and reading the story.

Last edited:
I should say by the way when it comes to native american superheroes marvel and dc has created number them over all the years so there is alot if someone looks at the lists but when it comes to dc they are shown less. At marvel they are shown more often in comics,live action,cartoons etc..
Right now there are two native american marvel comics that are out for example.
Check them out.

Marvel's Voices: Indigenous Voices Vol 1

Marvel's Voices: Indigenous Voices Vol 1

and
Werewolf by Night Vol 3 1

Werewolf by Night Vol 3 1

Note- echo who is part native american/latino will be in mcu show hawkeye.
The new marvel werewolf does have a hispanic/latino last name by the way.
  • Werewolf by Night (Jake Gomez) (First appearance)

Last edited:
Now im doublely pissed. No Ga&tC!!? No WG!?? SCREAM.gif

It surely can't be that hard to get a modern Wonder themed tv show. 1 failed pilot, 2 failed pilot scripts....

Good. I feel like they need to focus more on their existing shows than to add more DC shows just because they can.

The existing shows dont exactly suffer from new shows being added. They dont share creative teams like Arrow had to.

It is what it is. Honestly I’ve been thinking the Arrowverse could be over if S&L goes on a couple years and once that finishes its run. But maybe not because The CW is developing Naomi and we still have the backdoor pilot for Painkiller. So we’ll see I guess.

It is what it is. Honestly I’ve been thinking the Arrowverse could be over if S&L goes on a couple years and once that finishes its run. But maybe not because The CW is developing Naomi and we still have the backdoor pilot for Painkiller. So we’ll see I guess.

Greg Berlanti isnt involved with Naomi so it may not be part of the Arrowverse.

Yeah that’s true. It still can be in the Arrowverse but we’re still early days.

They've protected it for most of Wonder Womans lifespan. Start using this brand and giving us some quality content.
I highly doubt this would have been “quality content” if the CW passed on it. I don’t think a single one of their shows could ever be considered quality content. I enjoy a lot of their DC shows as guilty pleasures though.

I highly doubt this would have been “quality content” if the CW passed on it. I don’t think a single one of their shows could ever be considered quality content. I enjoy a lot of their DC shows as guilty pleasures though.

Black Lightning is plenty of content, just as quality as the movies DC has given us. Same with Stargirl, even S1 of Flash.

real shame its not happening.Would have been neat for yara to blow up that quick. Wasn't too mad at all about Arrow sequel not being picked up(would rather Jurnee get a hbo max show) but would have been nice to have this.

Maybe they could do it on hbo max.connect it to titans or dceu

It's too soon to have a Wonder Girl Yara Flor series when she just debuted in the comics. Although they could take it to HBO Max and crossover with Titans where she can meet original Wonder Girl, Donna Troy.

It's too soon to have a Wonder Girl Yara Flor series when she just debuted in the comics. Although they could take it to HBO Max and crossover with Titans where she can meet original Wonder Girl, Donna Troy.

She's no newer than Ryan who got to take over a mantle. We know the Arrowverse likes to make their own marks on characters and values the originals over the comic ones at times so this would be a perfect fit.

She's no newer than Ryan who got to take over a mantle. We know the Arrowverse likes to make their own marks on characters and values the originals over the comic ones at times so this would be a perfect fit.

I never cared for made-for-TV characters.

And yet, they are some of the best in the Arrowverse.

true enough some stuff like felicity I detest and Curtis was a very lame Mr terrific. but I do like Harrison wells, and their villains(still hope for some o these additions and Nysa to make it to comics).

Also the too soon complaint is meaningless....adaptations change, borrow and make up stuff all the damn time

They are given better treatment for sure, writers are more excited for their own then most characters from comics if it isn't a big name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"