Not open for further replies.
Riverdale #1 Covers

CxcA3JHXcAAYe4d.jpg

CxcA3JAXcAEKORR.jpg

CxcA3I-WIAAIQjt.jpg

CxcA_HXWEAAY6TM.jpg

CxcA_HnXEAAXa3T.jpg

CxcA_HwWIAA36Mc.jpg

Some of those look show-related, others look they could be variant covers of the regular Archie series.

Really looking foward to this. Who's the Showrunner?

In my opinion, Aguirre-Sacasa showed with Afterlife with Archie that he know how to give an unusual edge to these characters while keeping their essences and get an extraordinarly good story, which means there's no way I'm not giving this show a chance but I'm going to be honest as well: this trailer looks like put every corny CW drama cliché on an overcooked package.

This show seems to have nothing to do with the comics I grew up on.

I am looking forward to the show. The incorporation of Waid's run and elements of Twin Peaks has my interest locked.

I'm looking forward to this like crazy, but they're going to need to step up their promo game. It annoyed me enough that they didn't drop a trailer during the upfronts in May or during SDCC, now they finally give us a promo, and it's a bunch of quick cuts, no dialogue, no indication that this is comic-based and "From the network that brought you one show that ended four years ago and another that's just about to end". Obviously, if this is Archie Meets Twin Peaks, there will be a soap aspect, but... the biggest shows on the network are comic-based and from Greg Berlanti. Play that up. The creator of this show worked on Supergirl last season for **** sake. I just really hope this isn't the only promo they use leading up to the premiere.

Oh, and also... sub-forum please?

I'm looking forward to this like crazy, but they're going to need to step up their promo game. It annoyed me enough that they didn't drop a trailer during the upfronts in May or during SDCC, now they finally give us a promo, and it's a bunch of quick cuts, no dialogue, no indication that this is comic-based and "From the network that brought you one show that ended four years ago and another that's just about to end". Obviously, if this is Archie Meets Twin Peaks, there will be a soap aspect, but... the biggest shows on the network are comic-based and from Greg Berlanti. Play that up. The creator of this show worked on Supergirl last season for **** sake. I just really hope this isn't the only promo they use leading up to the premiere.

Oh, and also... sub-forum please?

Agreed.

Also, delightful pics. Thanks for posting!

Sounds like a basic comment usually directed at a CW show.

True, but the trailer looked pretty typical, too.

Gonna give it a chance, though. It could be good.

[YT]ekHpQRGo8TI[/YT]

While I am somewhat interested in this show, telling me it's from the same network as Gossip girls tampers that down a bit. I am 50-50 watching this now(only thing really going for it is I don't have any other shows to watch Thursdays besides Superstore)

Well I don't consider the CW being a knock against it. I record 2 hours off the CW almost every night. And Gossip Girl was 4 years ago. ;)

Well I don't consider the CW being a knock against it. I record 2 hours off the CW almost every night. And Gossip Girl was 4 years ago. ;)

Yeah but if Gossip Girls is the best thing they can compare it to I am not sure that is a ringing endorsement. I always view the stations love for GG as the downfall of the network

Yeah but if Gossip Girls is the best thing they can compare it to I am not sure that is a ringing endorsement. I always view the stations love for GG as the downfall of the network

GG wasn't the downfall of ****. Series like iZombie and The 100 say hello.

Gossip Girl helped put TheCW on peoples radar. It became awful but it got people talking and TheCW plenty of attention.

Gossip Girl helped put TheCW on peoples radar. It became awful but it got people talking and TheCW plenty of attention.

GG was one of the first shows to get sub 2M viewers and still get renewed. It basically was the benchmark for how badly can a show rate and still get renewed for the CW(all because the person who ran the station liked the fact it's created a buzz on meaningless blogs)

By the way here is an example of how idiotic the CW was with GG.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/1/...by-american-idol-ncis-dancing-with-the-stars/

In 2011-12 it was the 188th rated show out of 195 shows but that was good enough for the CW to renew it

Last edited:
Her in this arguably sounds more promising than her appearing in Jem and the Holograms.

Archie and the gang as a comedy might work. I don't see this gritty drama thing working out for such classic comic characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"