Riverdale Greg Berlanti's Riverdale - Archie Comics-Based Drama on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archie and the gang as a comedy might work. I don't see this gritty drama thing working out for such classic comic characters.

Cool. Can we get a sub-forum going now?

I'm very much looking forward to this. Grew up on the little comics and also the Archie's Weird Mysteries cartoon so I'd definitely consider myself an Archie fan.

Hope it does good, especially with Jughead.

C0N69sOXAAAutoX.jpg

I've never read Archie. What is it about?

Just the everyday life of teenager Archie and his friends.

[YT]9XmFTADupMc[/YT]

Wow this looks like an abomination of the original Archie character

I'm open to a new interpretation, personally. Archie is a property that can really do anything.

That said, why is Mrs. Grundy getting it on with Archie?

In this version, Archie has expanded his love interests beyond Betty and Veronica.

Wow this looks like an abomination of the original Archie character

It's actually more based on the Archie Horror comic books, titles like Afterlife With Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and Jughead: The Hunger.

I'm totally fine with the reinterpretation of the overall tone but they need to get the characters right and this trailer has me worried.

It's actually more based on the Archie Horror comic books, titles like Afterlife With Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and Jughead: The Hunger.

Interesting. But wouldn't this upset the people who wanted it to be like the main books?

Interesting. But wouldn't this upset the people who wanted it to be like the main books?

Probably. But serious dramas seem to work better on the CW than the more lighthearted stuff like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and No Tomorrow. Riverdale seems more like the current CW not-superhero shows such as Supernatural and Vampire Diaries.
So their hope is they got some of that audience and some of the audience watching to see how the characters they remember are depicted without turning them off too much.

Yeah... I'm looking forward to this still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"