Doom Patrol Doom Patrol TV Show Greenlit

BaelaTargaryen

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2018/05/doom-pa...s-greg-berlanti-order-dc-universe-1202390689/

King of the DC TV universe Greg Berlanti has a follow-up to his previously announced Titans at DC Universe. The joint venture of Warner Bros Digital Networks and DC Entertainment has given a 13-episode direct-to-series order to hourlong live-action drama Doom Patrol, a reimagining of the beloved superhero DC characters, from Berlanti and Warner Bros TV. Doom Patrol begins production this year for a 2019 premiere on DC Universe..

Jeremy Carver (Supernatural) will pen the series based on the DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani.

The series Doom Patrol is a re-imagining of the beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them.

Picking up after the events of Titans, Doom Patrol will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.

Carver will executive produce with Geoff Johns (Titans), Berlanti and Berlanti Prods’ Sarah Schechter. Berlanti Productions produces in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Doom Patrol joins previously announced other high-profile comic book-themed original TV series on DC Universe’s slate, including live-action Titans from Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV, with Brenton Thwaites, Anna Diop, Teagan Croft and Ryan Potter set to star; and the anticipated revival of cult animated series Young Justice, from Warner Bros Animation, titled Young Justice: Outsiders. Also on the slate is Harley Quinn, a half-hour adult animated action-comedy series from Powerless executive producers Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey via Warner Bros. Animation; and Metropolis, a new drama series from Gotham executive producers John Stephens and Danny Cannon and Warner Bros. TV.

Grant Morrison or bust. This is gonna be watered down as ****.

Can they just not with Cyborg? They are pushing him HARD. If they put this much effort into other DC characters....just give us a Cyborg movie and stop pushing him into everything.

No history with these characters, so I want to see how Titans goes and decide from there. I think they're supposed to appear on that show.

Can they just not with Cyborg? They are pushing him HARD. If they put this much effort into other DC characters....just give us a Cyborg movie and stop pushing him into everything.

He shouldn’t get a movie. Who would the villain be? Grid?

Honestly putting him in this Titans/Doom Patrol is the beat possible move. Ray Fisher’s Cyborg had zero charm. I never liked Cyborg in the JL anyway, the Titans is where he shines

Omega Underground has some casting sides for Cyborg with his father and Robotman. Has some language so it can't be posted.

He shouldn’t get a movie. Who would the villain be? Grid?

Honestly putting him in this Titans/Doom Patrol is the beat possible move. Ray Fisher’s Cyborg had zero charm. I never liked Cyborg in the JL anyway, the Titans is where he shines

I thought Fisher did an okay (just okay) job in JL but yes I agree with this.

Yeah, I thought Fisher was fine in JL. Especially for an actor who had never been in a movie before. But the rumor is that they're recasting because DC projects can never have any connection with the movies or whatever (I guess because people tend to like the TV shows, and we can't have that when it comes to the movies).

Anyway, this project interests me but I'm just not sure. I don't know much about Doom Patrol but my impression of it was that it was always REALLY dark and weird and not the type of thing that really fits in well with DC's more traditional superhero properties, hence the reason why it was (or still is?) a Vertigo title.

doom-patrol-cyborg-casting.jpg

Jovian Wade cast as Cyborg. Cyborg gets to infiltrate yet another team that he isnt needed on.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/09/doom-patrol-casts-cyborg-dc-universe-jovian-wade/

I'm very interested in seeing how he's going to look.

Remember that picture that Ray Fisher posted on his Twitter a few years back of himself wrapped in tin foil? Something like that.

I'm wondering to myself... why is Cyborg not on Titans?

I'm wondering to myself... why is Cyborg not on Titans?

Was it not said that Cyborg would cross over to Titans at some point? Thought I read/heard that somewhere.

Last edited:
Titans is already done filming so he wont be anywhere near the 1st season.

Maybe it's a plan for the second season - if it gets one.

Titans is already done filming so he wont be anywhere near the 1st season.

Doom Patrol is debuting on Titans. Figured the Cyborg casting announcement was just intentionally late.

Doom Patrol is debuting on Titans. Figured the Cyborg casting announcement was just intentionally late.

Yeah but Cyborg isnt on there to bring them together, thats the basis of the spin off. They'll probably be there for a Beast Boy episode.

Very happy to hear this. Fraser was fantastic earlier this year on Trust on FX.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/doom-patrol-series-brendan-fraser-1202912970/

‘Doom Patrol’ Series Adds Brendan Fraser

Brendan Fraser has been cast in a key role in the upcoming “Doom Patrol” live-action series at the streaming service DC Universe, Variety has confirmed.

Fraser will star as Cliff Steele, better known as Robotman. A former race car driver, Cliff Steele was in a horrific accident that left his body uninhabitable. Steele’s brain was saved by the mysterious Dr. Caulder and he lives on in a powerful robotic body. Fraser will provide the voiceover performance for the character as well as appearing in flashback scenes as Steele. Riley Shanahan has also been cast in the role of Robotman, providing the physical performance of the character on stage in costume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"