Titans Titans General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneWhoKnocks

Civilian
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2014/09/titans-show-dc-comics-tnt-pilot-order-833189/
Warner Bros. TV is rapidly expanding its live-action DC Comics TV universe. This season, it is going from one to four primetime series, returning Arrow and freshmen The Flash, Gotham and Constantine, and already is prepping another major broadcast franchise with Supergirl. Now the studio is expanding the DC brand to cable drama with Titans, a project that is nearing a pilot order at TNT. Titans is one of three TNT drama pilots stuck on the runaway, awaiting a formal green light as the network is undergoing a regime change. The other two are Lumen from Amblin TV and the Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay-produced Cocaine Cowboys.

Written by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman and executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes, Titans revolves around the eponymous group of young Super Heroes-to-be from the DC Universe. The action series centers on Dick Grayson (probably best known for his alter ego as Robin), who emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a fearless band of new Super Heroes including Starfire, Raven and many others. Goldsman executive produces, with Haimes serving as co-executive producer for WBTV’s cable division Warner Horizon.
WB is going H.A.M. on TV.
-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
4/25/17 Update:
Seems that this is going to get new life through a DC outlet.

'Titans' and 'Young Justice: Outsiders' to Debut on Upcoming DC-Branded Digital Service
Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment Announce All-New Live-Action Series “Titans,” from Executive Producers Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter, To Debut In 2018

Series Will Air Exclusively on Upcoming DC-Branded Direct-to-Consumer Digital Service

Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment today announced that executive producers Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter are teaming up for the all-new live-action drama series “Titans,” which will debut in 2018. Additionally, Warner Bros. Animation’s “Young Justice: Outsiders,” the highly anticipated third season of the popular “Young Justice” series, is also ramping up for its first mission next year.

Both fan-driven series are in early stages of production and will air exclusively on a DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service in 2018. Operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks Group, the new digital service will deliver an immersive experience designed just for DC fans.

“Titans” follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. “Titans” is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.

“Titans” will be written by Akiva Goldsman (“Star Trek: Discovery,” “Underground”), Geoff Johns (President & Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment; “The Flash,” “Arrow”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”). Goldsman, Johns, Berlanti and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”) are executive producers of the series from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Last edited by a moderator:
DC pls....... you are literally stretching me to far. I can't handle this

Did you guys even look at the writing team? :csad:

And when's the last time TNT had a show worth watching? :huh:

I wonder if Goldsman is still going to be throwing out words like "Batman Begins," "darker," and "realistic" like he did seven or so years ago.

Did you guys even look at the writing team? :csad:

Avika Goldsman had a substantial part in one of my favorite TV series of the last decade. What have you done for me lately? :o

Avika Goldsman had a substantial part in one of my favorite TV series of the last decade. What have you done for me lately? :o
Not made fun of your horrible tastes in tv shows for a while? :huh:

When it comes to Batman and sci-fi fantasy, he pretty much is.

Interesting. If this does happen are We looking for a start time sometime Next year?

Woah, can't say I was expecting this. I'll be looking forward to this for sure.

*inhales* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Not write a 2hr toy commercial and aided and abetted Francis Lawrence and Laura Shuler-Donner in bastardizing John Constantine

Last edited:
Cannot wait to know more on Titans, especially the hero lineup

Nightwing's costume better have the blue. GOD HELP INGRID FERRIN, JIM LEE & CULLY HAMMER IF IT TURNS OUT RED!!! :fst:

If this is loosely based/inspired by the 80s Wolfman/Perez stuff, I'll definitely be tuning in.

I'm sure there will be plenty of drama...TNT knows drama.

Nightwing's costume better have the blue. GOD HELP INGRID FERRIN, JIM LEE & CULLY HAMMER IF IT TURNS OUT RED!!! :fst:
It probably will be red. New 52 is super cool! :awesome: Bring on black Wally West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"