Titans Titans General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's give it a chance to get picked up first lol.

but they should adapt Marvs/Perezs run.

This is awesome news. I hope it takes from the Wolfman/Perez era a bit because those are the most fondly remembered stories.

One concern I have is what characters will be used. Will they use Cyborg, knowing the JL movie has plans for him? I remember back in the day neither Batman nor Wonder Woman was allowed to referenced on Smallville, and is it true that they tried to cancel Smallville because they thought audiences were too stupid to tell the difference between both Supermen? What I''m saying is, will this regime at WB let the show do its own thing or will they just say "Nah, we have plans for this character. Do something else" like I hear happened when Arrow wanted to introduce Ted Kord?

In addition to that, I hope the writers of Titans don't let the other series usage of characters prevent them from making their own versions. Will they not use Deathstroke because Arrow currently has him in a main role? I hope they use him so maybe we can see his family... Jericho and a proper version of Ravager (to wash the Arrow version from my memory). Does Roy Harper being used on Arrow mean he won't be Speedy on Titans?

All of those worries aside, I can't wait. I hope this is picked up instead of going nowere like Mercy Reef, The Graysons, Raven, the Wonder Woman series, etc.

The roster I want to start with:
Nightwing
Raven
Starfire
Beast Boy
Cyborg
Kid Flash - but not the New52 Wally.

We already got some of that in the Supergirl thread.

Because, you know... something like 20 different Marvel franchises stretched out over three studios, that's fine. But DC starts making strides in TV? Too far.

Honestly, its not hard for me to keep track of Marvel's franchises. Though that may be because I've been on the Hype since 2007.

The only issue I'll have with DC making all of these shows will be keeping track of the continuity. Whereas Marvel have one unified cinematic universe, outside of the CWverse DC shows will likely be in separate continuities.... and probably produce there own spin-offs expanding those separate universes and likely giving me a headache. :woot:

Hmm. This sounds awesome or more like too good to be true. I'm gonna let my cynical side win and say I'll believe it when I see it.

The fact that Goldsman is involved in another Batman related project since writing Batman and Robin does give me pause. Alot of the young fanboys know Schumacer's name but they seem to think Schumacer wrote it, when it was Goldsman who helped kill the series in the 90s.

That said, he has won an Oscar since then and it was 20 odd years ago so hopefully his writing and plotting has gotten better with regards to these characters since then. Other than that, I like the concept of the series.

if it's going to be Wolfman and Perez's Titans, then let's stick with the proper lineup of heroes and not characters from futurre incarnations of the team or with characters from other DC teams...

Interesting. I like the moves that TNT has been making lately. 1 or 2 supernatural series in the work if I remember correctly. The librarian going into a series and now this.

Did you guys even look at the writing team? :csad:

And when's the last time TNT had a show worth watching? :huh:

off the top of my head...

The Last Ship which was a surprise.
Falling Skies before it's most recent season. :doh:
Legend.
Southland.
The Librarian movies were pretty good.
Saving Grace.

Give the channel a chance.

Did you guys even look at the writing team? :csad:

And the people in charge of Arrow, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, wrote Green Lantern, no one is perfect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Berlanti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Guggenheim

Akiva Goldsman is talented, if Titans has a good team of writers, it should be fine. The budget could be another concern though, characters like Beast Boy are SFX heavy, so if theirs is going to be tight, they should be careful it doesn't affect the series too much like it happened to Smallville. With this in mind, maybe they could go with:

Nightwing
Starfire
Superboy
Raven
Kid Flash
Aqualad (Kaldur from Young Justice)

Beast Boy, Cyborg... (as guest stars if the budget is very tight)

Characters like Arrow's Roy Harper and Speedy (Thea Queen) could be guest stars in a couple of episodes, unless they prefer doing their own versions, which is understandable. Arrow's Roy/Thea have not been written that well, they've been more annoying than anything. :word:

Besides, Goldsman is only writing the pilot right?

Maybe, but he wrote/co-wrote 19 episodes of Fringe which are actually some of his strongest work. He's no stranger to TV.

I'm curious how they'll handle mentors. Referred to only as "that guy." Spoken of but never seen. Or actually cast Batman.

Hopefully they only use the Titans not connected to older heroes, no side kicks please (Nightwing should be the only one). Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Static, Blue Beetle and Terra would be an amazing lineup even though the possibility of that being the line up is slim. Too expensive a line up

Hopefully they only use the Titans not connected to older heroes, no side kicks please (Nightwing should be the only one). Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Static, Blue Beetle and Terra would be an amazing lineup even though the possibility of that being the line up is slim. Too expensive a line up

90744057f58d4f47b88e725b77c4bd27.gif

I hope for a decent mix. Former sidekicks can bring interesting backstory from their mentors.

I'm curious how they'll handle mentors. Referred to only as "that guy." Spoken of but never seen. Or actually cast Batman.

There can only be one!! :cmad:

;)

If there's going to be a tv Batman, then the TVU should be Earth 2 (or whatever), if it works, then go crazy and do a Crisis miniseries/movie by 2020, BOOM!! :woot:

Robin/Nightwing
Raven
Cyborg
Beast boy
Star fire.

They can add more if it gets to more seasons but i think those people should pretty much be the main cast.

I'd like the team to be more diverse than just the cartoon team transplanted into live action. Besides, Cyborg might very well be off limits since he's appearing in the films.

So I'm assuming this means that there will be 3 different Batman related continuities simultaneously , with The Zack Snyder Batman v Superman :Dawn of Justice/ JLA universe, The Bruno Heller Gotham universe , and the Akiva Goldsman Titans universe? It could be kinda awkward , but then again we basically have three versions of Sherlock Holmes : The RDJ version, The Cumberbatch version, and The Miller CBS version so I guess its not unheard of.

The only issue I'll have with DC making all of these shows will be keeping track of the continuity. Whereas Marvel have one unified cinematic universe, outside of the CWverse DC shows will likely be in separate continuities.... and probably produce there own spin-offs expanding those separate universes and likely giving me a headache. :woot:

At this point the Multiverse consist of

Smallvilleverse
Arrow/Flashverse
Gothamverse
Constantineverse

Possibly a Titansverse

If Titans gets a new Deathstroke, that would make 3 separate incarnations.:woot:

Nightwing
Starfire
Troia (please don't just use Donna Troy as her codename. Leave that to Jean Grey)
Jesse Quick
Cyborg
Beast Boy
Raven
Tempest

You're welcome, TNT & Goldsman

I'm guessing they're more than likely NOT gonna have a large membership, but keeping it down to a five-member roster... which probably means that two members are going to be left out of the core seven...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"