Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilmNerdJamie

Obtainer of wrong opinions!
Reaction score
Warner Bros. Details Plans for ‘Justice League’ Movie (Exclusive)
By Ben Fritz
8:26 PM ET
April 27, 2014

First came “Man of Steel.” Next up is “Batman vs. Superman.” And then, “Justice League.”

Confirming the studio’s plans for a movie based on its iconic super-team for the first time, Warner Bros. president of worldwide production Greg Silverman said the studio has set plans to make a “Justice League” movie.

Like “Man of Steel” and its follow-up, which starts production next month, “Justice League” will be directed by Zack Snyder. Henry Cavill is expected to return as Superman, along with Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, who play Batman and Wonder Woman, respectively, in 2016’s “Man of Steel” sequel tentatively titled “Batman vs. Superman."

“It will be a further expansion of this universe,” said Mr. Silverman. “’Superman vs Batman’ will lead into ‘Justice League.’”

A script is still in development and Warner has not set a release date, though the movie is unlikely to come out before 2018. Mr. Silverman would not comment on what other heroes might join Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in the movie. However the studio has recently been casting the role of Cyborg, a half-robotic hero who is expected to have a cameo in “Batman vs. Superman” and then appear in “Justice League.” Other DC heroes who have been in Justice League comic books include Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern.

The plans for three superhero movies in relatively quick succession show how intent Warner is on catching up with rival Walt Disney Co.’s Marvel Studios in building a cinematic superhero universe after years lagging behind.

Although the “Dark Knight” trilogy was a hit, Warner’s other efforts such as “Green Lantern” and “Jonah Hex” have flopped. A “Justice League” movie with a young cast that was to be directed by George Miller of “Mad Max” fame nearly went into production in 2008 but was killed at the last minute.

Warner Bros. has several other movies in development unconnected to the Justice League that are based on DC superheroes and fantasy and crime titles from its Vertigo line of genre comics, said Mr. Silverman and Toby Emmerich, president of Warner’s New Line Cinema label. They include “Shazam,” “Metal Men,” “100 Bullets,” and “Fables.”

And while there are no plans yet for a “Justice League” spinoff featuring Ms. Gadot’s “Wonder Woman,” Warner executives said they are warm to the idea.

“That is our hope,” said Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing. “With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014...ils-plans-for-justice-league-movie-exclusive/

Last edited:
Snyder has shown he can direct a large cast of diverse heroes (see Watchmen,) so this is good news.

Well not surprising. I would rather have a solo WW or Flash movie. DC wants the cash. With some of the issues I had with MOS, the Smallville action scene was a master class in directing.

Also it will be shot on film, not video.:woot:

So if not before 2018 I wonder what comes before that ?

Hmmm, Shazam mention as well, maybe that's the film Rock is going to be a part of.

Hmmm, Shazam mention as well, maybe that's the film Rock is going to be a part of.

Warner Bros. has several other movies in development unconnected to the Justice League

If The Rock is part of Shazam then I guess he wont be a Justice Leaguer

It's kind of funny to see how things have turned out considering on how people were actually posting back in 2013 on how they wished Snyder would also direct a JL film given his visuals and such.

I believe Snyder is up to the task. Really excited to see how things turn out in the next few years.

Odds are, this will release in 2017.

That's what was reported last summer at SDCC, when BVS was first announced.

WHAT_zps9bba2e71.jpg

EPIC way to end the weekend. :awesome:

The seeds were being planted for JL and now we have confirmation. Beyond thrilled. Bring it.

I just hope that they don't use the "Justice League: War" story as a template/model for this film. Out of all of the stories that they should avoid using, that would be number 1 in my book.

I'm probably going to have mixed reactions to this until I see Batman vs Superman and how he pulled that off?

I liked MoS but it felt like it was missing something and that's my issue overall with snyder films, they're usually good but they leave you wanting more.

I'm just not comfortable with this. I really feel like MOS is gonna be the only solo DCU movie we get for a LONG time.

Lets not all pretend we didn't know this was gonna happen. I'm okay with it. It's a big project to expect from any director. I just hope he has a strong script to bounce off of.

DC is really putting their faith in Snyder considering we haven't seen one bit of Batman yet.

Lets not all pretend we didn't know this was gonna happen. I'm okay with it. It's a big project to expect from any director. I just hope he has a strong script to bounce off of.

Well it's going to be a goyer script most likely, so again we're talking possible hit or miss.

This project just reeks too much of WB trying to play catch up to marvel. It doesn't feel organic like how marvel started off the avengers plan.

I would have preferred a Wonder Woman movie before a Justice League one.

Well it's going to be a goyer script most likely, so again we're talking possible hit or miss.

This project just reeks too much of WB trying to play catch up to marvel. It doesn't feel organic like how marvel started off the avengers plan.

If he's there to craft the story with someone else to actually write the thing, fine. Great, in fact. It's when he's the solo writer that things get dicey.

Man of Steel is okay. I greatly appreciate that it was made and I'm grateful that it got Superman back on the big screen with special effects to make him look really super in modern cinema. Was it the Superman movie I wanted? Nope. Was the character Superman and the world he lived in how I wanted it? Nope. Did I want Snyder to direct the sequel? Nope. Do I want Snyder anywhere near a Justice League film, my dream superhero movie? Take a guess.

They're finally getting towards the cinematic Justice League and it is under the care of Zach ****ing Snyder. I wanted the first ever JL movie to be directed by somebody I can trust. Snyder is about as reliable as a six-sided die. Just like for the Superman/Batman movie, I don't want Justice League to fail, but with this news, you can't convince me that it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"