Lucifer Lucifer General Discussion

I have mixed feelings about this end. I will admit I wanted much much more Deckerstar and the ending was kind of sad for me based on Chloe's facial expressions.

I dunno, I hope season 6 is happy go lucky.

Last edited:
I'm only two episodes into the second half of the latest batch of episodes, and I'm enjoying it so far - even the musical aspect of the second episode..

I'm only two episodes into the second half of the latest batch of episodes, and I'm enjoying it so far - even the musical aspect of the second episode..

Let me know what you think when you're done. I tend to overanalyze people's facial expressions so I'm curious what others see.

Let me know what you think when you're done. I tend to overanalyze people's facial expressions so I'm curious what others see.
Of that episode? The breaking out into song was kinda funny at first, but by the sixth or seventh one, became a tad much.

I shall continue with my watch this evening hopefully. I think the acting is well done though, and God's character is being played rather well.

Of that episode? The breaking out into song was kinda funny at first, but by the sixth or seventh one, became a tad much.

I shall continue with my watch this evening hopefully. I think the acting is well done though, and God's character is being played rather well.

Of the last episode. It's a doozy haha.

My guess for Season 6 will be Lucifer as Nicolas Cage in "The Family Man." This show has always been about honesty and especially in 5B with Dan's death, we see Linda explain to Maze how we can't get joy without suffering and that's life. I think S6 will deal with Lucifer and how he adjusts to giving up the sex/drugs/partying lifestyle and settles into his role as husband and step dad. And I think it'll be brutally honest. We never see how people adjust to their new lives after The Big Moment in romantic movies and I think this show will do just that. Life isn't perfect and even when we find true love, it's not without its struggles. But it wouldn't be real if it was perfect. I think the ending will be happy, but truthful.

Tom Ellis also said in an interview that Deckerstar fans will get what they want but "be careful what you wish for." I might be overthinking that, but I honestly have no idea what he could be implying.

Last edited:
I do wish I hadn't clicked that spoiler button...

There's got be irony that there was a scene between Lucifer and Chuck. Right? :eek:

I'm sure the people that matter will get that reference. :cool:

I read that Dan has a story in season 6 so I’m glad that he’ll be back. The actor did want his character to die but at that time they thought season 5 would be the last.

I read that Dan has a story in season 6 so I’m glad that he’ll be back. The actor did want his character to die but at that time they thought season 5 would be the last.
They did say they changed some things for S5 once they found out they got a season 6. I think what they changed was Dan being in hell. If S5 was the last, they likely would have put Dan in heaven with Charlotte.

Which is what I think will happen in S6. I assume Lucifer will go down to hell to help Dan get over his guilt.

I've just got the final episode to go now folks. And as a whole, I'm enjoying it. Intrigued a bit by this other universe that Mum and Dad now reside in, but I don't think nor expect to get anything more on that.

Obviously I haven't watched the last episode either, but this may still hold value if it's not answered. How does an Angel become God? Pretty sure Dad took those powers away with him, rather than leaving them lying around.

That aside, I genuinely don't think I'd pick Lucy as the new God either. Don't get me wrong, if it was between him and Michael it'll be Lucy no contest, but he's simply not stable enough to have that much power, surely?

It's been implied by the showrunners that God's powers aren't so easily transferred to someone else. I think season 6 will explore a more democratic heaven (as a nod to Lucifer's joke to Chloe about how heaven isn't a democracy and how the angels have more opinions than Twitter).

My guess is that a wee angelic government will form.

And I'm done! Quite enjoyable as mentioned above, although I was wanting more from the final episode.

I know it's kinda the nature of the show too, but I was certainly hoping for more from the other Angels; they all came across as quite ... well, cheesy I suppose? Or just stupid, unlike Amenadiel when he first showed up; he was essentially a force in his own right, and all the other angels since (well most of them anyway) come across as cheap and tacky.

That scene at the start of the episode threw me a little too, seemed very out of place - only for them to show up (again in orange) right at the end. I'd have rather seen an army of demons Maz style.

I suppose the big question now is, what's next? Where do they go from here? I do hope there's no 'bigger than god' threat, that's for sure.

And I'm done! Quite enjoyable as mentioned above, although I was wanting more from the final episode.

I know it's kinda the nature of the show too, but I was certainly hoping for more from the other Angels; they all came across as quite ... well, cheesy I suppose? Or just stupid, unlike Amenadiel when he first showed up; he was essentially a force in his own right, and all the other angels since (well most of them anyway) come across as cheap and tacky.

That scene at the start of the episode threw me a little too, seemed very out of place - only for them to show up (again in orange) right at the end. I'd have rather seen an army of demons Maz style.

I suppose the big question now is, what's next? Where do they go from here? I do hope there's no 'bigger than god' threat, that's for sure.

S6 was originally just Act 6 in S5 because they were almost done filming when Netflix told them they got another season. Apparently, the ending they had for S5 hasn't changed and S6 will end without any changes to that original ending.

So I guess what we have to ask ourselves is what the showrunners would have ended the show on in a couple of episodes as opposed to the 10 they got. What could they have portrayed in two or three episodes?

My guess is Lucifer
giving up the God powers to create a more equal heaven whilst also getting Dan out of hell. I believe that's what they changed in S5 when they got the S6. I think that story ends with Dan in heaven with Charlotte.

Behind the scenes pics show the Eve actress in a white dress and Maze with a ring. I think a Mazieve wedding is inevitable. I think Amenadiel becomes a liaison between heaven and earth, but him and Lucifer part ways for whatever reason. As for Lucifer and Chloe, I know what I want- Lucifer choosing to be mortal and living a normal life with Chloe and Trixie. The showrunners said that the last episode is their most expensive episode so I think that means the Silver City and maybe individual shots of each character's "heaven loop." I picture the end of Vampire Diaries where everyone is with their loved ones again. Tom Ellis said that Deckerstar fans will get what they want but to "be careful what you wish for" which makes absolutely zero sense to me. I think after the slow burn of 5.5 seasons of Lucifer and Chloe apart, they deserve some real happiness. And I think that's what Act 6 was originally intended to portray. After the end of S5, to have Lucifer say "nah I'm God now so we can't be together" to Chloe would be a slap in the face and I personally would hate the show if they did that.

So I think bittersweet in that Lucifer, Maze and Amenadiel part ways, but to live their lives in their own way apart from any celestial influence. Sad, but ultimately how people move on.

I just saw episode 15. I'm confused and angry.

Why is Dan in Hell? For banging God's wife? Or is there a detail I completely missed?

I just saw episode 15. I'm confused and angry.

Why is Dan in Hell? For banging God's wife? Or is there a detail I completely missed?
I don't think that's the reason. It's implied he died with guilt about something (likely not that).

The way Hell works, you go there when you die if you have any guilt about anything. It's likely that even Chloe would've gone if she hadn't come to terms with that death not being her fault.

I suspect we'll learn more about him next Season, as to why he's there etc

I don't think that's the reason. It's implied he died with guilt about something (likely not that).

The way Hell works, you go there when you die if you have any guilt about anything. It's likely that even Chloe would've gone if she hadn't come to terms with that death not being her fault.

I suspect we'll learn more about him next Season, as to why he's there etc

We definitely will find out why he's there. I think one of the actors said that Lucifer is surprised by Dan's hell loop. So maybe it was that whole shooting Lucifer thing.

I feel like the obvious conclusion is that Dan comes to terms with his guilt and gets to move onto heaven.

I mean, yeah, Dan has been a good guy for the past 4 seasons. But he was a dirty cop. He definitely has some guilt built up.

I wasn't expecting it till next year.

In my mind...this ended already but now I remember we'll see the fallout of Lucifer....being God? Is that right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"