Lucifer Netflix Revives Lucifer for Season 4

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
I don t watch the show a lot,
But, I am glad for its fans.
Enjoy Lucifer season 4 everybody!

Definitely a surprise but also definitely welcome :)

Very excited to hear this. :up:

I'm still only at the start of season 3 in which the Pearce/Lucifer stuff is only starting to unfold.

Now we can see what happen after that season 3 cliffhanger!

Last edited:
I guess the two extra episodes are gonna be alternate universe or summink... :cwink:

Really pleased to hear this news!

I was surprised by this news. I thought Netflix had already turned them down or it was too late to revive. Good news though. :D

This year has been the year for surprising saves! All 3 major streaming networks saved shows.

I hope Lucifer doesnt screw this up and makes the best of it.

There are still questions.
How many episodes and when will they air?

10 episodes. Standard Netflix season order.

Netflix usually orders 13 episodes.

I hope the show becomes more serialized and focused on the main plot and becomes less of a procedural cop show.

Happy to see the show saved

I hope the show becomes more serialized and focused on the main plot and becomes less of a procedural cop show.

I would like to see that as well. I doubt they will radically change the show. I would like to see more focus on the supernatural elements rather than the generic cop stuff.

Lucifer won't be on a standard network anymore so they can afford to do some things they probably could when they were on Fox.

Really glad to see the show is saved for now.
10 episodes can give the storytelling a tighter focus, which helps the show very imo.

Maybe open up more for the supernatural stuff and so on...im so looking forward for the next season.:woot::woot:

I wonder if being on Netflix will allow for saltier language?

Plus, Lux might get more graphic.

:D

I doubt they will go very far beyond what they already do in order to keep their existing base as wide as possible. I doubt the language or violence will go up past TV-M level and definitely won't have nudity.

Yay for Netflix (and oddly, Amazon)...

I say that because the two shows I watch (I watch more than two shows, but for the purpose of what I'm about to say, it's about two shows); Lucifer was shown on Amazon Prime (UK) and is moving to Netflix, whereas the Expanse was shown on Netflix (UK) and is moving to Amazon. Hah!

In any case, if Netflix can roll out ten hour-long episodes and focus more on the Supernatural, there's a lotta' potential here.

Looks like the season will be split up into two halves, story-wise, with the first half being the follow up to the finale
“We were going to have two parts to it anyway, so we’ll just tell a really strong, gnarly first part,” co-showrunner Ildy Modrovich said in an interview with TV Line. “[Doing so] lets us concentrate the story and focus it, and that’s what’s really exciting about this. We have a really strong first half that is now going to make for an amazing story,” continued co-showrunner Joe Henderson.

Production on the upcoming season is expected to begin in August, approximately the same start date as previous seasons of the series. Despite the halved episode order, the showrunners don’t plan to structure the show’s Netflix debut as its final season.

“There is always the potential for more,” confirmed Modrovich.
https://www.cbr.com/lucifers-season-four-netflix-two-parter/

That they plan to go ahead with more seasons is nice but I really hope they don't pull another ******** cliffhanger on us after it proved unsuccessful the last time.

I guess the two extra episodes are gonna be alternate universe or summink... :cwink:

Well, “Once Upon A Time” was - quite explicitly - an elseworld/what-if? story. So no need to explain or disavow it.

“Boo Normal” is a bit trickier. But arguably, any natural conflict between Lucifer and Chloe (due to the big reveal in the season finale) was sidestepped by keeping the characters separated for bulk of the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"