Lucifer Netflix Revives Lucifer for Season 4

That they plan to go ahead with more seasons is nice but I really hope they don't pull another ******** cliffhanger on us after it proved unsuccessful the last time.

I think Netflix will want to get it to at least 70 episodes, which is a target they have for shows. So thst would probably mean at least one additional season, unless this upcoming one is an abject failure.

“Boo Normal” is a bit trickier. But arguably, any natural conflict between Lucifer and Chloe (due to the big reveal in the season finale) was sidestepped by keeping the characters separated for bulk of the episode.
Oh they certainly interacted, and it wasn't the kind of interaction that would have happened if (at that point) Chloe knew.

I figure it's either going to merely be placed in the previous season schedule (for boxset release) or it'll simply be released as a special. The next episode in sequence should very much deal with the revelation aftermath. I just hope they don't go the way of Chloe forgetting or putting it down to PTSD or something lame like that.

I'm hoping everything is revealed to her too; surely Chloe would want the truth about Amenadiel, Maze, Charlotte (etc)

Chloe mentions to Ella that she's seen much stranger things than ghosts in that episode. I believe that was a reference to the finale reveal.

Chloe mentions to Ella that she's seen much stranger things than ghosts in that episode. I believe that was a reference to the finale reveal.
Nah; she probably meant death scenes from victims of her cases? Her relationship and/or partnership with Lucifer should definitely be different after that reveal. She was too calm and okay with him.

Nah; she probably meant death scenes from victims of her cases? Her relationship and/or partnership with Lucifer should definitely be different after that reveal. She was too calm and okay with him.

We don't know how far after the reveal that episode is supposed to be set. Could be well after they deal with the aftermath.

We don't know how far after the reveal that episode is supposed to be set. Could be well after they deal with the aftermath.
Oh it sure could, however if I was a betting man I'd say that the episode in question was a prequel to the grand reveal.

It's quite likely that said episode was filmed (and intended to be in the series) before they found out about the chance of cancellation. I can't imagine they'd film an opening episode for the new season where there's no fallout from what transpired.

It probably wasn't supposed to be the opener. Just a random filler episode.

It probably wasn't supposed to be the opener. Just a random filler episode.
I didn't mean the opening episode, sorry, but an opening episode (as in one of the earlier ones). In any case, I doubt that episode will make it into the next season, so the discussion is kinda' mute cause we'll never know where it's supposed to slot in. I merely suspect that it was intended to be pre-reveal, and not after it.

Chloe & Lucy's relationship/partnership [should] be very different moving forward because of said reveal. The scenes between them in this episode were anything but.

Shooting on season 4 began today.
There is a video featuring the cast on the set out there somewhere.

Just started watching Lucifer, enjoying it very much!

So glad to read it is going to be continued by Netflix!

Shooting on season 4 began today.
There is a video featuring the cast on the set out there somewhere.
There's quite a few. I follow the actress that plays Ella (her name has suddenly escaped me) and she's posted quite a few things on Instagram; so has Tom Ellis actually.

Can't wait to see what Season 4 has to offer. Especially after [the reveal].

I hope this season has more supernatural elements as well.

I hope this season has more supernatural elements as well.
It kinda' needs it to be honest; the cop buddy drama has become tiring, and unless the dynamic changes, I fear the show wont last much longer on Netflix either. Hopefully the showrunners and writers are aware of this.

From what I've seen from the shows fans online, most seem to hope that the netflix revival will allow them to explore things that network television didn't allow them. More comic stuff, more supernatural stuff, some slightly more mature content and less formulaic procedural stuff.

I like this show a lot, but one has to wonder, truth is for the most part stranger than fiction. From a biblical standpoint, if there is a devil, this tv show displays a pretty accurate assessment of his personality, well, more or less anyway. Just something to think about.

is anyone who worked on this show formerly (writer's etc), working on the netflix version?

is anyone who worked on this show formerly (writer's etc), working on the netflix version?
The entire team is back, writer's room, actors, everyone. (Not sure about costumes.) They even used the same lot at Warner's.

If it is the same team (in it's entirety) I hope they move away from the cop buddy drama, and focus more on the mythology and supernatural element - especially now that he's revealed himself to her.

If it is the same team (in it's entirety) I hope they move away from the cop buddy drama, and focus more on the mythology and supernatural element - especially now that he's revealed himself to her.

Oh yeah, that should have happened way before already.
Cop Buddy stuff is nice and fine, but Lucifer had the whole Supernatural thing going that was way more interesting.

Apparently the next season should premiere in April or in early May (according to cast). I truly hope it's much better than the previous season, and considering what we know about it rn, I have high hopes for it.

Apparently the next season should premiere in April or in early May (according to cast). I truly hope it's much better than the previous season, and considering what we know about it rn, I have high hopes for it.
What do we know about it? I actually know very little. Please tell me. :D:

What do we know about it? I actually know very little. Please tell me. :D:

Just a fair warning in advance, some major spoilers here (I skipped some stuff because I considered it was too spoilerish)

First of all, we're getting 10 'plot heavy' episodes with zero filler eps between them.

There's a month or two time skip between the end of S3 and the beginning of S4 and apparently in the meantime Chloe and Lucifer had not interacted at all.

Each character will deal with repercussions from S3…like for instance, Lucifer himself in this season will be a lot darker, Eve (a new, recurring character) will try to bring forth his old, darker side. And there's this issue with his devil face and why did it return at that very specific time (because at the end of S3, Lucifer didn't know his devil face had returned) – is it because he killed a man? Is it because he liked it? At some point in 4x05 also gets shoot protecting Chloe and gets taken to the hospital…

Chloe now must face the truth that her roommate is a demon and that Morningstar really is the devil. She has a sense of responsibility as a mother and thus keeps her distance from both Lucifer and Maze. She decides to turn to a new character, Father Kinley, who has his own dark plans towards Lucifer and rumour has it, he's trying to manipulate Chloe against him.

Father Kinley is kind of obsessed with this prophecy having to do with the Devil walking the earth and finding his first love. And when that happens evil will be released upon the world. He truly believes that.

Dan blames Lucifer because Charlotte Richards is dead. He's really going to be wrestling with his demons. Because, of course, he’ll have a ton of anger in the wake of Charlotte’s death. He’ll find himself wondering if he’s just been playing ‘the good cop’ and that maybe Pierce was right about him all along when he said, 'You’re the corrupt cop'

We're also being introduced to a completely new Ella, apparently darker, more 'sex & rock'nroll type (as quoted by the actress) and she's going to continue questioning her religious beliefs. She starts spiralling because she's lost her rock in God. Although we will never meet new members of her family, we'll see more of her - physically and emotionally - this season. Also (lol) there's an episode where Lucifer and Ella go to a nudist camp and we see her naked. The actress happily pointed that out.

Linda is going to have Amenadiel's baby and it is rumoured that Lucifer and Amenadiel's sister Remiel (played by Vinessa Vidotto, who is set to appear in a few episodes) will try to kill the nephilim baby. The last two episodes are according to bts photos extremely action filled with a lot of cgi usage.

Overall this season is supposed to be way darker, more dramatic, more cantered around supernatural elements, which is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Thanks for that @blueleax , sounds like it's going to be a rollercoaster of a ride. Can't wait.

im going to have to renew my netflix now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"