Lucifer Lucifer General Discussion

As @Mani-Man has said below, great that it's renewed, but sad that it's ending. Even though I'd always wanted more, the wrap of Season 4 worked perfectly as a wrap to the show. It'll be interesting, I guess, how they move on from that for the final episodes.

Yeah season 4 ended quite well, of course not perfect considering how much potential is left in the shows world...but season 4 did nice enough.
Even though im a sucker for happy endings, it was a cool way to end it there.
Its hard to say how this final season will run, i think a lot comes down to how many episodes they get.

It was, but they were bound to lose viewers with the wait for Season 4, not to mention the viewer decline from Seasons 1, 2 and 3. I suspect if Season 4 had been the launch of this show, we'd be proceeding beyond Season 5. The simple truth of the matter (as far as I'm concerned) is that Seasons 1, 2 and 3 focused too much on the cop buddy drama, and not nearly enough on the supernatural element and the show has unfortunately suffered as a result.

I always hoped they would go more with the supernatural, the cop buddy thing was nice but it didnt really move forward.
To me it would have been perfect to pretty much open up the whole thing at the end of season 4 and turn it into a supernatural cop buddy drama or so in the following seasons, i could have seen that working...evolve the formula.
End season 4 with chloe knowing the truth and some shadowy figure break the barriers between the supernatural and the human world open to change the whole tone of the show.

I love what we got and all, but nobody really seemed to know where to go with the world the show has built...which is a shame because there is so much and the characters are really enjoyable.

As @Mani-Man has said below, great that it's renewed, but sad that it's ending. Even though I'd always wanted more, the wrap of Season 4 worked perfectly as a wrap to the show. It'll be interesting, I guess, how they move on from that for the final episodes.

It was, but they were bound to lose viewers with the wait for Season 4, not to mention the viewer decline from Seasons 1, 2 and 3. I suspect if Season 4 had been the launch of this show, we'd be proceeding beyond Season 5. The simple truth of the matter (as far as I'm concerned) is that Seasons 1, 2 and 3 focused too much on the cop buddy drama, and not nearly enough on the supernatural element and the show has unfortunately suffered as a result.

Lilith I can see, and maybe another Archangel or two, but I'm not sure about God on this one. Then again, before Chuck came along, I didn't think we'd ever see God on Supernatural either, and I was very wrong about that one.

He's already done a voiceover. If you are going to end the show lucifer will have to finally deal with his daddy issues.
Not sure why they wouldn't have him on. They've had his wife on and it is a show about the devil. Not sure they are bothered about upsetting religious people.

Also comes down to your interpretation of the God Johnson belt buckle. They did leave that pretty open and I don't know that we found out where the buckle went.

Also comes down to your interpretation of the God Johnson belt buckle. They did leave that pretty open and I don't know that we found out where the buckle went.

Remind me what the belt buckle was again?

Remind me what the belt buckle was again?

Guy name Earl Johnson shows up with a belt buckle changes his name to God with divine enlightenment thanks to the Medallion of Life (the buckle). He's so convincing for a large portion of the episode Lucifer believes it could be his father. I forgot it ended up being a part of the flaming sword used to send mom into a new realm, along with the sword.

The question left open to interpretation thought is whether it was actually channeling God. This is because Earl ends up having all of God's memories and recognizing all the divine entities. In addition no memory of anything that happened when they take the buckle off of him, and the last thing he remembers is picking up the buckle.

Last edited:
Guy name Earl Johnson shows up with a belt buckle changes his name to God with divine enlightenment thanks to the Medallion of Life (the buckle). He's so convincing for a large portion of the episode Lucifer believes it could be his father. I forgot it ended up being a part of the flaming sword used to send mom into a new realm, along with the sword.

The question left open to interpretation thought is whether it was actually channeling God. This is because Earl ends up having all of God's memories and recognizing all the divine entities. In addition no memory of anything that happened when they take the buckle off of him, and the last thing he remembers is picking up the buckle.

Remember now, thanks.

Hell yes but still...sad that it will be the last season, there was still a lot of potential left.

I hope the more time gives them a better chance to give us a good story. I hate the show is ending but if it does, I want it to go out great

I hope the more time gives them a better chance to give us a good story. I hate the show is ending but if it does, I want it to go out great

I hope it is the show runners that have asked for the extra episodes rather than netflix. Would mean they needed more episodes to tell the story they wanted. Rather than netflix wanting to stretch it.

None of this matters anymore until we get Matt Ryan and Tom Ellis together on screen again.

It's interesting that we will actually see God onscreen as I thought he would be a unseen character. It would be great to see Lucifer finally forgive and reconcile with his father.

Hearing rumours that there will be a season 6.

Hearing rumours that there will be a season 6.

Yeah, some "reports" say Tom Ellis has signed for a season 6...but nothing seems to be 100%.

Yeah, some "reports" say Tom Ellis has signed for a season 6...but nothing seems to be 100%.
Hope this is the case I just finished season 4 last night so had been avoiding looking at any news in case of spoilers.

Hope this is the case I just finished season 4 last night so had been avoiding looking at any news in case of spoilers.

I just started with season 1 again. :woo:
I cant remember ever seeing any spoilers for the show to be honest.
Okay im not looking too hard when it comes to tv shows, but i cant remember seeing any shooting spoilers or so for season 5.
I think they finished or are finish shooting season 5...but i dont know.

The potential of a season 6 and above seems very likely considering every "news" i saw speaks about everyone being very open and hopefull.
But we will need to wait and see.

It's going to be a bit weird (I think) having God show up in Season 5 and then (I'm assuming) be absent for Season 6. If that is indeed the case, I'm intrigued of Lucifer's character development for the next two years, as most likely whatever happens with his father is going to set him on a very different path.

If Tom has (apparently) signed on for Season 6 though, does anyone know about the other cast members?

ive heard the other main cast members already had contracts in the works or their contracts lasted that long, i forget which.

i just started from season 1 again

ive heard the other main cast members already had contracts in the works or their contracts lasted that long, i forget which.

I read it’s the latter. Their existing contracts were until S6.

Final season:

'Lucifer' resurrected (again)! Netflix renews it for season 6
Lucifer has been saved from perdition yet again — because Netflix has renewed the devilish WBTV drama for a miraculous sixth and final season, the streaming service announced Tuesday morning. In other words, season 5 is no longer the end, which was hinted at yesterday when Netflix announced season 5A's premiere date (Aug. 21) without calling it the final season.

Trailer for season 5 is up, not posting because once again, butts.

Did not expect that twist. Should be a fun season for Tom Ellis.

The trailer is intriguing, but I wish it hadn't revealed that twist. I'd much rather have found out about that during the watch, rather than walking into it.

I'd have also preferred it if [he] was played by a different person, but this show has done wonders so far so I'm willing to put that aside and see how things pan out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"