Doom Patrol the Movie

I don't know....an elastic girl doll that grows life size when you pull a string would sell like hotcakes.......lol

SpeedballLives said:
I don't understand why this was green light when there are bigger characters or teams out there.

Don't ask me, I just post here.

Probably because Warner Brothers is looking at DC's properties based on what might strike a chord with modern audiences rather than by the biggest names. Doom Patrol could probably be accessible to a lot more people than most of DC's bigger names by playing on the same things that keep drawing audiences back to the X-Men movies.

Plus....it's not entirely unKnown....I'm sure some little kids know them from the Teen Titans appearances on the cartoon. lol

True. Although it'd kind of suck if they marketed the movie primarily towards kids.

First time I ever knew about Blade was from his Spiderman cartoon appearance......Made me want to see the movie.

I knew about Blade from the Nightstalkers and Ghost Rider, back when Marvel actually gave a damn and tried to make a supernatural arm work.

by the way Corp....I hear Gargolyes has returned as a comic series...is it any good? Does it continue from the series?

I thought the series kinda ended. One of the few cartoons that actually...ended. It had the world finding out Gargolyes were real and living in peace with them. A bit cheesy...but still a ending.

Well, the cartoon ended with the gargoyles' popularity on the rise, at least. Not as many people hated them by the end of the last season. There was still more they could've done, though.

The comic series pretty much ignores the third season, which was that weird season subtitled "The Goliath Chronicles." Greg Weisman, one of the show's creators, is writing it, and the only third-season episode he's considering canon is the first, which--surprise, surprise--he wrote. He left the show after that. Most fans generally pan the third season and think it's crap, but I thought it was decent. Throwing it out entirely certainly wasn't necessary. I kind of see the comic as Weisman's personal vanity project, but I guess he's entitled to that as a creator of the show.

Either way, the series literally translates that first third-season episode into comic format. Like, line-for-line in some cases. The first issue covers about half of the episode, and the second issue will presumably cover the rest. Then, with the third issue, Weisman's going to take the comic off into new directions based on his original plans for the TV series.

Lord Blackbolt said:
by the way Corp....I hear Gargolyes has returned as a comic series...is it any good? Does it continue from the series?

I thought the series kinda ended. One of the few cartoons that actually...ended. It had the world finding out Gargolyes were real and living in peace with them. A bit cheesy...but still a ending.

TheCorpulent1 Well, the cartoon ended with the gargoyles' popularity on the rise, at least. Not as many people hated them by the end of the last season. There was still more they could've done, though.

The comic series pretty much ignores the third season, which was that weird season subtitled "The Goliath Chronicles." Greg Weisman, one of the show's creators, is writing it, and the only third-season episode he's considering canon is the first, which--surprise, surprise--he wrote. He left the show after that. Most fans generally pan the third season and think it's crap, but I thought it was decent. Throwing it out entirely certainly wasn't necessary. I kind of see the comic as Weisman's personal vanity project, but I guess he's entitled to that as a creator of the show.

Either way, the series literally translates that first third-season episode into comic format. Like, line-for-line in some cases. The first issue covers about half of the episode, and the second issue will presumably cover the rest. Then, with the third issue, Weisman's going to take the comic off into new directions based on his original plans for the TV series.

Is Elisa still goliath's mate? I'm just wondering how they're doing in that particular aspect as I was a fan of those two before the season ended.

Mate in the sense of... wife? Or friend? They're still friends, but as far as I've seen the comic series is playing their relationship the same as the cartoon did, kind of skirting the edge of a real couple relationship while remaining mostly friends.

I freaking loved this series. Yeah most of season 3 was kinda bad......but there were a lot of great episodes too. I'm very curious to see what the creator originally planned?

Anyway. Not only is this the wrong forum for this thread...now we're talking about a whole entirely different subject. We rock!!!!

I think Wild C.A.T.S. would make an awesome film (if done correctly ofcourse).

Rosario Dawson as Voodo
Peter Stormare as Helspont
Kate Beckinsale as Zealot
Monica Belucci as Void

still thinking who could fit Spartan's boots :spidey:

Akiva's producing this? So it's going to be another film where the characters in the film barely resemble the comic book counterparts in any way except in name only but they'll still proclaim that the movie keeps "the spirit of the character intact"? :huh: :o

Duneboy said:
I think Wild C.A.T.S. would make an awesome film (if done correctly ofcourse).
If they centered it on the corporate intrigue angle from the latter two volumes, I think it'd be cool. The original series was mostly s***.

I disagree. The original issues of Wild CATS was great! I love the stuff that came after but the original series was one of the better Image titles.

They were all right by Image standards for the time. The latter two volumes were astronomically better, though.

When the new series starts up in September. He's also writing Authority too.

Yeah, which is probably the main reason why they're both going to be bi-monthly. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"