Arrowverse General Wonder Girl series in development

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
wonder-girl-header.jpg

Yara Flor a Latina Dreamer who was born of an Amazonian Warrior and a Brazilian River God, learns that she is Wonder Girl, and with her newfound power must fight the evil forces that would seek to destroy the world." Dailyn Rodriguez will serve as executive producer and co-showrunner, along with Berlanti Productions' Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and David Madden. Will air on TheCW if picked up​

Wonder Girl: DC's New Brazilian Wonder Woman Is Getting a CW Series

While I think they could've easily made it Donna and just made her a Latina, I'm somewhat ok with a new character coming in. Just more annoyed that she is so disconnected from Wonder Woman (Yara hails from the Amazon Jungle) and Themiscrya. But that is the way of anything to do with Diana. Stay 10 feet away.

Whoa, they are already pushing Yara.

I wonder if there are any plans for LukeTim Fox as Batman...

The two things I was hoping to not see when I clicked on this were 'Berlanti' and 'CW'.

I dont think we'll ever be able to escape him. DC/WB literally believe that he is the only one to handle small screen superheroes.

And how does one find out that they are Wonder Girl? It isnt a title you're born with.

Greg Berlanti has become the Aaron Spelling of the 21st Century because Spelling also ran many shows back in the 20th Century.

If this goes through we could see an Arrowverse trinity of Superman, Bruce Wayne, and Wonder Girl. We could see team-ups of Supergirl and Wonder Girl down the line if Wonder Girl crosses over with Superman and Lois.

They better allow Diana to show up in this show. Tired of her being locked up while the boys get to play.

A Cassie series >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yara

But i'd rather have her show up in the movies

Interesting that they're not going with Cassie.

They better allow Diana to show up in this show. Tired of her being locked up while the boys get to play.
I don't see why she couldn't. Unless all that stuff about not handcuffing themselves to only 1 version was all lip service

I don't see why she couldn't. Unless all that stuff about not handcuffing themselves to only 1 version was all lip service

They like to play favorites. They've always been the strictest with Wonder Woman and her family.

Cool, why not. She seems to be the one getting the biggest push out of 5G. Pity Supergirl is ending, though. Cool new trinity.

Could be interesting. I hope it’s good.

I hate to be THAT GUY but i think we have to see how she is as a comic character first.

I hate to be THAT GUY but i think we have to see how she is as a comic character first.

Does the comic really matter? They will already have to do a ton of changes to the character and her backstory for the series.

This is fantastic news that they’re playing in that world, I’m excited to see it.

Cool, why not. She seems to be the one getting the biggest push out of 5G. Pity Supergirl is ending, though. Cool new trinity.
Yes it does
Does the comic really matter? They will already have to do a ton of changes to the character and her backstory for the series.
yes it does, if she's a lousy character or if the TV version wrecks things

Yes it does

yes it does, if she's a lousy character or if the TV version wrecks things

She'll be written by 2 entirely different people under 2 entirety different circumstances. Her comic debut is already different since she'll be Wonder Woman and already a big player.

Personally I hope the introduce Cassie in Titans and fix what has been done to her and Conner.

Interesting that they're not going with Cassie.
They seem to be replacing Tim’s generation of sidekicks with a new, more diverse bunch of sidekicks.

I’m interested in this show! Latino superheroes are so rare and Native Americans in media is so rare that this show is a win win for including an Indigenous Latina lead!

I’m interested in this show! Latino superheroes are so rare and Native Americans in media is so rare
that this show is a win win for including an Indigenous Latina lead!
Latino superheroes are not rare anymore.
There is alot of latino superheroes showing up over the past years for example but i agree that native americans in overall media is rare but slowly growing.
It's clear that yara is part native american and part latino but in the show it looks like she will be officially latino only and the comic side it's not clear yet but she maybe only latino as well there too. Maybe later she starts to identify being part native american as well.
So maybe down the road she may identify as both latino and native american in the show and comic or maybe still only latino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"