No Way Home “There Are Other Ways To See” - Charlie Cox Returns As Daredevil

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
With rumors swirling around about the Man Without Fear’s appearance in the third MCU Spider-Man film, I figured I’d ask that if the rumors turn out to be true and Cox is indeed returning as Daredevil in this film I wonder would you guys prefer it’d be the same version as the Netflix series or would you prefer they go the JK Simmons Far From Home route and just have the same actor play a new version of the character?

Different version, because I don‘t like the mess of merging everything together. Though I‘m very interested how the story with Pointdexter continues

A different version so that he doesn't have to be beholden to all of the continuity from the show but can pick and choose. That would allow for a different Bullseye and Elektra. And DD can have a different costume without feeling there's a stigma over the red costume or wanting to go back to his black proto-costume.

And also Kingpin should be played by Vincent D'Onofrio but also be a new version so that he isn't in prison. He should be more like Season 1 in that he's an untouchable crime lord, but he should already be known as the Kingpin and wearing white suits.

I would maybe add the actress who played Vanessa as well. They were good together.

I'd prefer the same version. Also, get Vincent D'onofrio to face Tom Holland's Spider-Man eventually because he's been pushing for it on Twitter.

I prefer if D'Onofrio speaks in his normal voice rather than putting on that growl he used.

I'd go with the same version. Given the snap, time gap, and blip, there's plenty of flexibility if they want to change the status quo. Plus, they can always do recastings if they feel unhappy with any creative decision. So it would be a somewhat soft reboot but with the idea of mirroring what occurred before when they think it was a good idea.

c48c708221bb5e6134a6a707a3a6e1a647356b9d.jpg

I‘d be ok, if everything happened there, happened in the same universe.

See, this is the grown up Marvel character I'd want to guest star in this, following Iron Man and Nick Fury. It's organic to where the last left off and fitting for Murdock. He would be the one person to defend this young superhero. I don't want to see Doctor Strange or more Spider-Men.

I prefer if D'Onofrio speaks in his normal voice rather than putting on that growl he used.
That's a first. I like his low-voice. Otherwise he would just sound like some average Joe. I guess I can understand how those specific inflections he uses could be annoying to someone. Personally I feel he does it very organically. I might be totally off-base here but his portrayal gives me strong autism-vibes

That's a first. I like his low-voice. Otherwise he would just sound like some average Joe. I guess I can understand how those specific inflections he uses could be annoying to someone. Personally I feel he does it very organically. I might be totally off-base here but his portrayal gives me strong autism-vibes
Im sure that was the intention.

I'll admit Im not holding my breath for Cox to appear. But if he does that opens the window for Fisk to be a competitor of Oscorp.

Or atleast a very prominent bane in adult Peters back.

Same version. The Netflix shows were pretty self contained as is, so I don’t really see them running into many “plot holes”. And definitely being back Kingpin. All you need is a couple lines of how the blip cut his prison sentence or something and it’s all good.
the Netflix shows were meant to be in continuity with the larger MCU from the get go, so I don’t see why they would need to change that.

If I had to choose, it would have to be the same version, which means bringing back Elden Hanson as Foggy and Debra Ann Woll as Karen Page. I said this in the Punisher thread just now, but I think bringing back the Marvel Netflix actors in their respective characters in the MCU will result in a whole lot of new questions that need to be answered if it's the same version of the Netflix characters.

If I had to choose, it would have to be the same version, which means bringing back Elden Hanson as Foggy and Debra Ann Woll as Karen Page. I said this in the Punisher thread just now, but I think bringing back the Marvel Netflix actors in their respective characters in the MCU will result in a whole lot of new questions that need to be answered if it's the same version of the Netflix characters.
Oh, interesting! What kind of questions?
I feel like they can easily be integrated into the films. Their stories were all pretty self contained, IMO.
And I still believe that the shows are canon in the MCU. They were originally meant to be, and the question of “are they or aren’t they” didn’t seem to happen until the Disney+ deal

Oh, interesting! What kind of questions?
I feel like they can easily be integrated into the films. Their stories were all pretty self contained, IMO.
And I still believe that the shows are canon in the MCU. They were originally meant to be, and the question of “are they or aren’t they” didn’t seem to happen until the Disney deal

1. were any of the characters blipped by Thanos only to return 5 years later? If not were any of their friends blipped? How are they dealing with that?
2. What was the reason they weren't needed to fight Thanos?
3. Will government resentment toward the Avengers affect them? We have the main four, plus Colleen Wing and Misty Knight no longer ordinary humans and the Punisher.

Besides DD, none of them are really ‘’superheroes’’ in the traditional sense, so I think their absence in endgame is easily explained. They’re neighborhood vigilantes. The blip stuff can be brought up, but still doesn’t really need that much explanation.
And I feel the government still also won’t affect them much because again, they aren’t superheroes like the Avengers.
They can be easily integrated into the overall MCU.

1. were any of the characters blipped by Thanos only to return 5 years later? If not were any of their friends blipped? How are they dealing with that?
2. What was the reason they weren't needed to fight Thanos?
3. Will government resentment toward the Avengers affect them? We have the main four, plus Colleen Wing and Misty Knight no longer ordinary humans and the Punisher.

I dont think these need answered, honestly. They can mention if they were blipped or something in dialogue, but their absence in other movies doesn't need explained. The answer is simple: they were not there. They can easily be inserted without much effort at all

I dont think these need answered, honestly. They can mention if they were blipped or something in dialogue, but their absence in other movies doesn't need explained. The answer is simple: they were not there. They can easily be inserted without much effort at all

The two can probably be brushed aside. Even if the blip is mentioned in dialogue, it does need to be mentioned nonetheless. It's too big to be ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"