• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

No Way Home “There Are Other Ways To See” - Charlie Cox Returns As Daredevil

The two can probably be brushed aside. Even if the blip is mentioned in dialogue, it does need to be mentioned nonetheless. It's too big to be ignored.

Not really. Only if it is relevant to the story. Like if they were in Wandavision, it might be relevant given the time period. But if the blip isn't relevant to the story, then it doesn't need mentioned

Yeah, everyone is back now. If they were blipped, they would have already dealt with that. This film is already well into “post blip” life.

daredevil-netflix-023-ringside-313-unit-00463r.jpg

Normally I wouldn’t make a thread for a character that is only rumored at this point but seeing as other threads were made for villains that were only rumored and haven’t been confirmed yet like Rhino, Sandman, Dafoe Green Goblin I figured what’s the harm in making a thread about the often rumored return of Charlie Cox as the Man Without Fear.

This was first reported by Charles Murphy who has a good track record. One example of his reliability is that he was the very first guy to report that Evan Peters was in Wandavision before anyone else did. He has since been backed up by KC Wash, who broke the news of Alfred Molina being in Spider-Man No Way Home before anyone else did and was even credited by trade outlets like HW for the story.

Brandon Davis from Comic Book.com also further verified the rumor saying that the same reliable source that told him Owen Wilson was cast as Loki told him Charlie Cox was on set filming his scenes for the movie.

Of course, it’s not official until a trade like Variety 100% confirms it. So if you’re still skeptical of this being true then that’s fair but I feel there’s too much out there for this not to be true. Where there’s smoke there’s fire! But it’s totally possible I eat my words come December and Charlie Cox is nowhere in sight in the film, and it turns out it was all a bunch of made-up B.S. and I’m made to be a total idiot for making a thread for a character who was never in this movie but we’ll see.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

I genuinely hope he's in this movie even if it's just a cameo. Dude deserves a second chance to play the role.

Also, despite all these threads, I think we shouldn't create ones for Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield until it's officially confirmed that they are in the movie.

Tobey and Garfield don't even need threads yet. We talk about them in literally every sub title.

What would be worse and more of a twist is if Matt was going against whoever was defending Peter. This way you're kinda not sure who to root for.

I would be surprised but happy if he shows up

I wouldn't be shocked if he appeared. but only for a very small cameo. nothing trailer or marketing worthy.

I wonder if he does show up, will it be as just Matt Murdock or could we see him as Daredevil? What could his mcu costume look like?

Another rumor on Reddit states DD shows up slap at the end of the film. No suit up, but he helps Peter finally clear his name. I would love that. He honestly needs not a moment more to shine. True fans can enjoy the cameo and it serves a narrative purpose integral to the stories end. Everyone is happy.

Did it come from 4Chan?
Reread the post, I saw it in the NWH Leaks thread on the MarvelStudiosSpoilers reddit.

Pretty much the only place I can go to get every angle of these things.

Honestly, I want to believe it all. It sounds glorious in concept and can be done. It has been several times before. Movies, cartoons and even a game did it. Technically two games(shattered dimen, edge of time).

But I can't help but get this itch that's its all too good to be true. Still on the team SpiderVerse 3 tho.

It seems more likely to me that he'll pop up in Act 1 for a slightly extended cameo, but we'll. :up:

John Campea just talked about Charlie Cox in No Way Home as Daredevil. He doubts the validity of the rumors because it was never reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Entertainment Weekly, The Wrap or Deadline. Says that he could see Charlie Cox in the movie, but not as Daredevil until one of the major trades report it.

I've never been expecting Cox to suit up as DD in NWH but just to appear as Murdock. However, if he did suit up, I want him to have a better costume than the red one he wore in the Netflix show, and definitely not the black proto-costume he wore which was just the same as the budget DD costume in Trial of the Incredible Hulk.

John Campea just talked about Charlie Cox in No Way Home as Daredevil. He doubts the validity of the rumors because it was never reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Entertainment Weekly, The Wrap or Deadline. Says that he could see Charlie Cox in the movie, but not as Daredevil until one of the major trades report it.
Ah yes, the old "it hasn't been reported by any major trade, so it means it's not true" strawman.

It's not like they're holding off on announcing anything, nah that doesn't make any ounce of sense. :o

It's way too quiet from the NWH account and leaks. I remember when we were getting pics and images and casting news out the ass. Now it's almost desert dry. We're getting big drop so soon. I can almost taste it.

I feel like every time any of us say something like that, we jinx it. :funny:

It's way too quiet from the NWH account and leaks. I remember when we were getting pics and images and casting news out the ass. Now it's almost desert dry. We're getting big drop so soon. I can almost taste it.

That's what people watching seagulls flying overhead probably say too.

So about a week ago, John Campea was asked about this on his show, and he doubts the validity of this rumor because it's never been reported by Variety, Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, the Wrap or Entertainment Weekly, so he doesn't believe Cox is in the movie as Matt Murdock but does not rule out that he could be playing a new character entirely. He says if it's not reported by a legit source such as those 5, he doesn't believe it to be true.

The Netflix verse was a Variant timeline and this will be the prime Matt Murdock, played by the same actor.

Though it sucks to throw the continuity of the show away, but Loeb ruined it with the mediocrity of the other Netflix Marvel shows.

So about a week ago, John Campea was asked about this on his show, and he doubts the validity of this rumor because it's never been reported by Variety, Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, the Wrap or Entertainment Weekly, so he doesn't believe Cox is in the movie as Matt Murdock but does not rule out that he could be playing a new character entirely. He says if it's not reported by a legit source such as those 5, he doesn't believe it to be true.
I don't put much stake into what John Campea believes. Before 2015 he never believed Sony and Disney would agree to bring Spider-Man into the MCU.

Then again, there isn't really any credible source in my favor either. There is comicbook.com but I don't think it's reliable.
Spider-Man 3: Daredevil Actor Charlie Cox Wraps Filming

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"