2 DC questions

MarvelXI

Civilian
Reaction score
I have 2 questions:

First: has Constatine, V for Vendeta, and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen anythig to do with the Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman Universe??? Because I were surprised when when I knew they were from DC.

Second: Is League of Extraordinary Gentlemen really a DC comicbook movie because from what I know all DC movies were distribuite from WB (like Superman, Batman, Steel etc) but this movie was from Fox.

I have 2 questions:

First: has Constatine, V for Vendeta, and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen anythig to do with the Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman Universe??? Because I were surprised when when I knew they were from DC.

Second: Is League of Extraordinary Gentlemen really a DC comicbook movie because from what I know all DC movies were distribuite from WB (like Superman, Batman, Steel etc) but this movie was from Fox.

I will take a stab at this.

John Constantine is the central character of the Hellblazer comicbook title (created by Alan Moore), which is under DC's Vertigo label. V for Vendetta was a graphic novel written by Alan Moore in the 1980's for Quality Comics and then completed by publisher DC under the (once again) Vertigo label. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (LXG) was a comicbook/graphic novel also created by Alan Moore and published under the Wildstorm (then owned by Image Comics) label. He would own the rights to the original story and DC comics published it under the America's Best Comics label after acquiring Wildstorm. It may be the case that Moore sold the filming rights (as he did with DC/WB) to 20th Century Fox who hired James Robinson to adapt it for the big screen. From what I understand, Alan Moore has distanced himself from both DC and the WB due to the fact that he did not want anyone to be confused with the film adaptations and his original stories.

Hellblazer comics exist in the same universe as DC Comics, so in Constentines world, Superman, Batman etc are real.

I have 2 questions:

V for Vendetta and LOEG are elseworlds (DC's What if?) they aren't in the same universe, Constantine is however in the DCU, with Batman and such. I don't count LOEG as a DC film, cause it was originally published by America's Best Comics.

V For Vendetta and the League aren't Elseworlds. They are just disconnected from the main DC universe because they were released under a different imprint, Vertigo for V For Vendetta and America's Best Comics for the League. Hellblazer has the Vertigo imprint, too, which makes it independent from the main DC universe, though he has crossed over a couple of times. By extension, they are still all DC property, so yes, the comics were published by DC.

Thx guys, srry that I didn´t respond earlier but I was in a 2 days trip and only now I could read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"