2007/2008 Hype Presidential Election - Debate Thread!

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Here are the results of the official debate of the 2007/2008 Hype Presidential election. I encourage candidates to come in here and call each other names and argue over their answers. Y'know, just for ****s and giggles :yay:

Ladies first, we'll start with the candidate from the Blue Man Party, DBella:

DBella said:
1) The Hype/LeSoft War - Where do you stand? How would you rank each one? And how would you fix this problem?
I'm a Hype girl. The Hype is a site for the people while Lesoft is like a Club House. You can't fix it, you can merely calm the waters. Both sides have good posters and both sides have extremists with bad attitudes, we just need for the good from both to outweigh the bad, and they do this with their posting.

2) Why did you choose your running mate and what does he/she bring to the table?
I chose hunter rider because he's the People's Mod. He's fair and he's honest and he has excellent diplomacy skills.

3) What do you feel the current state of Hype Moderators is?
Being a moderator is a thankless job. It's like being a cop; everyone hates them until they are in a jam and wants the 'authority' to come fix their problems. For the most part, I think they are doing a very good job but like in any 'law enforcement' there are those who may take their jobs a little too seriously and take actions first before they think of a better solution. At least this has been the complaint I've heard the most. But hey, you can't please everyone.

4) What the hell is the monster in Cloverfield?
JJ Abrams testicles attached to a chainsaw.

5) Who is the best poster on the Hype today?
I think it's unfair to single out one poster for that title, especially on a site that is frequented by many posters as it is here at SHH! To me, the best posters are those who contribute to a positive environment to this place. Posters who posts intelligently, maturely and responsibly. Those with a great sense of humor and who are able to laugh at themselves and with others instead of AT others and make other posters laugh with them. Those who stimulate the minds of other posters with knowledge and information. Honestly, I would say that my opponents, Erzengel and Mee are two of such posters.

6) Please mock your opponents in some way.
That is not my way or my style. Why waste my energy in mocking my opponents when they are capable of doing it themselves?

7) Is the Hype "broken" and if so, how would you fix it?
The Hype is what you make of it.

8) CellDog (Memphis Slim)...SolidSnakeMGS...Moviefan2k4. All very annoying Hype Posters. How do you suggest we deal with these *******s? Who is the worst of them? And how do they compare to annoying Hypsters of yester-year like Bakerboy, Mr. Parker, and Forevershiningknight?
Dealing with them is hard b/c despite their annoying tendencies they are allowed a view. The worst is SolidSnakeMGS; he is rude and arrogant as well as annoying. They don't match up very well to the past annoying posters b/c they aren't funny, they are just annoying and lack humor.

9) Why should you be Hype President?
I should be Hype President because I am not here to judge people. They are free to be who they are. They are free to exercise their freedom of speech as long as they do not get in the way of other poster's right to post in peace.

10) Matt...great host or greatest host?
Matt is the only host I know.

Onto the Children All Over Town Party, Mee.

Mee said:
1) The Hype/LeSoft War - Where do you stand? How would you rank each one? And how would you fix this problem?

I stand on both sides I guess, but I don't see it as a problem. They're both fun. I think there's this idea out there that *** is trying to take down the Hype or whatever, and that's just not true.

2) Why did you choose your running mate and what does he/she bring to the table?

I chose X-Chick, cause she's smart and cool and all the jazz.

They're human, they do dumb stuff sometimes just like we do. They should be a little more willing to admit it when they do though. Besides that, go team!

TEDDY. :csad:

I love everyone. :heart:

Have you ever heard of a mixture of Asian and German being a good thing? Ask your grandpa. Do we really want the Axis of Evil taking control of the Hype?

Then you have Bella. Bella Bella Bella...

What's her campaign slogan? "I have boobs and so can you!"

I bet she's real close with blind_fury, if you know what I mean. :o

It's a rollercoaster. Right now it's in a good phase, slow times are on the horizon though. I don't think there's any fixing it.

8) CellDog (Memphis Slim)...SolidSnakeMGS...Moviefan2k4. All very annoying Hype Posters. How do you suggest we deal with these *******s? Who is the worst of them? And how do they compare to annoying Hypsters of yester-year like Bakerboy, Mr. Parker, and Forevershiningknight?

I don't know any of those posters except Memphis, but I find it hard to consider a poster here "annoying." I mean just...don't read what they say. :huh:

Because I can bring honesty, and innocence to the position. A President you can trust. Who won last time? Kipobe? He quit the first day. I covered that story.

It's a bit early to tell, but I'll say great host. If I win the game, you'll be greatest for sure.

i feels really pointless to me...

also Mee fails at comedy:down

And finally, our third party candidate...Erzengel:

Erzengel said:
I have talked to several SHH moderators about the Hype/LeSoft War and I think it was an overreaction by SHH moderators. One moderator even essentially said to me, if the ridicule wasn't done at the moderator's expense, they probably wouldn't have gotten involved. Which kinda shows the silliness of the whole thing.

While I am a moderator at LeSoft, I still post on SHH. I do not think of LeSoft as a rival for SHH only an alternative, a place where it's not PG-13 but not X-Rated as some SHH moderators would have you believe. LeSoft isn't a clubhouse for only certain elitest. Anyone can join, and we encourage others to join.

There's no way to fix the problem. You are always going to have someone do something that's going to continue the friction, however I think a lot of it stems from the fact that some not all of the SHH moderators are not respected which has led to the creation of so many other message boards. But perhaps a better system instead of picking "friends" as new moderators and more qualified ones would help alleviate it.

Well, Matthew, you chose Brutal for me. I just mentioned that Brutal would do some really phenomenal images for me. I do understand that a few people do not like Brutal, but he's always has been fine with me, along with funny and witty to boot. I guess the best way to describe Brutal is to say he was the Wolverine to the New Avengers. :up:

They have a job to do and for free. However, I feel some of the top moderators, Mirko, Excel, Malice, are out of touch. They are not here on a day to day or even on a weekly basis to know what's going on. They hear second hand what is going on and make a decision on that. Moderators are fallible, so just hearing their side of things, it puts a lot of faith soley on the mod. I think there are some people here, who don't deserve to be moderators, because they aren't people persons. They don't know how to talk and be unbiased in situations. Others just stick to their niche parts of the board and only get involved if there's an incident and usually in secret.

Moderators must be like every other poster, be involved and step out of the Ivory Tower once and while. And while they don't have to explain every action, they should have a uniform rules and regulations instead of saying, well I'm a mod and this is being closed while not even doing that sometimes.

Find out next January? Mr. Stay Puff? Godzilla?

There's too many to just pick one person. Everyone has their favorites. I think this place wouldn't be the same without people like Wilhelm, Jag, Bella, Mee, Toven, Daisy, etc. and while it may seem like I'm kissing ass, it is their jokes, opinions, advice that I truly respect and can relate too.

I :heart: DBella and Mee. But if I can quote a movie I was just watching?

[SIZE=-1]Don Corleone: I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men. :yay: :heart: [/SIZE]

Posters grow up, get jobs, have less time for the Hype. The only constant are some moderators, certain posters etc. I think there a few moderators who should step down in favor of more "in touch" posters as well as ones who are just more personable. I think an over 18 section where some posters would be able to go. And tired of the excuses of well, we got some compalints so we had to delete the threads. It's almost the go to excuse for them.

I hate to say this but those posters are what make SHH interesting and fun because their opinions, posts are just so ridiculous that it just because one of the better threads of the week.

If I had to pick the worst of them? Blind_Fury, with all his stuck up and condescending posts, and how much better he is than you are, taking a stance against something and then have him back peddle or finish with well I only meant this? Plus the fact he never takes the time to explain or back up his posts.

I have to confess I never had interactions with Bakerboy or Mr. Parker so I cannot accurately guage the similarities or differences.

What haven't I done? Not to pat myself on my own back? I've run the Hotties Tournament, Survivor, Hype Deathmatches, I'm usually the voice of reason as well as ridicule in almost all the advice threads. Posters click on threads where they see my name because they know funny is on the way or already there. I'm respected by the older posters and I win over the newer ones. I think that pretty much speaks for itself.

I'm a former host so how can I say you were better than me? :csad: :huh:

I have to say Tukiluka and Kipobe run the best Survivors. :o

You are good Matt, but I think instead of goading some of the people in this game, you should have ignored them. Also, you should have just let people drop out and not replaced them. It's best sometimes not to reinvent the wheel.

I felt your last Survivor was miles better than this one. Sorry, Matt. Maybe it had to do with the people who were involved.

I don't know, Bella's answer about what Cloverfield is, is pretty damn convincing.

Bella and Mee thinks SHH is fine the way it is.

I call for change!!! :o

I gotta admit, your answer to number 6 is great.

Hype elections are serious business. :o :cmad:

if you can get Slimer to have won the character vote like he should have i'll vote for you:cmad:

if not i'll vote for the 4th option:cmad: :cmad:

I gotta admit, your answer to number 6 is great.
Thanks Matthew.

I really do respect Bella and Erz though. If I were to try and list all my favorite posters, they'd definately be on it. :heart:

Thanks Matthew.

I really do respect Bella and Erz though. If I were to try and list all my favorite posters, they'd definately be on it. :heart:

Mee is ready for the trials. :o

I find it rather disappointing that it's always the same runner-up as last year, or the previous year that becomes candidates for SHH-Presidency.
Where's the freshness, why do I always see the same old stale bread yelling vote me! Vote me!

Except you DBella, you're cool ;)

I've never been in the elections before. I'm fresh like the other side of the pillow. :up:

TEDDY is the monster in Cloverfield?...

Huh.

Who'da thunk it?

TEDDY!!!

:cmad:

BrutalBash.gif

Originally Posted by DBella

The Hype is a site for the people while Lesoft is like a Club House.

wrong

Originally posted by Erzengel

I have to say Tukiluka and Kipobe run the best Survivors.

I felt your last Survivor was miles better than this one. Sorry, Matt. Maybe it had to do with the people who were involved.

wrong

Bella has breasts. The other two Presidential candidates do NOT.

Discuss.

Erz is the only person to really take a stand. Bella and Mee resemble Kerry and Obama with their ho hum, generic, please everybody answers. Grow some JJ Abram's testicles and take a stand!

Erz spends way to much time justifying himself. :o

can i announce myself as the 4th party running and screw them all over?

Didn't you try this last game?

And get your threads closed in return?

Thought so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"