2007 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I REPEAT tom petty and the heartbreakers have the halftime show......

icon14.gif

I hate the Pats no doubt. I'm a Raiders fans... can't forget that BS Tuck Rule BS!!!

But, the same way how I like Michael Jordan and detest the Bulls... I cheered for the Bulls and History against the Jazz.

So in that same vein.... I cheer for Brady, Seau, Moss, and History against the Giants.

Than I'm back on the Hate Boston Bandwagon.... even thought the Pats are not technically from Boston. :)

Ah. Well, that's good news. I was just reading that Paula Abdul and Soulja boy would be a part of it. Didn't know if it was true or official yet.

maybe they are part of the pregame or something.....who the **** knows....all ive seen is tom petty is doing halftime....

Thanks Kel.
*insert gif of Quagmire that I'm too lazy to post*
Maybe you did....try not to poison the Gotham City Reservoir and maybe things will be better next season
Oh yeah. Like I'll give up all my fun time recreation. :nono:

Congrats on your team going to play for the championship though. I have faint memories of what that's like

"Don't worry, Mister J, I'm gonna make it alright. (If only I can get Terrell Pryor)"
Yes, blessed Ann Arbor. :up:
Pryor better sign. :cmad:

But here's the real question: what the hell happened to Eli? Where did this come from? It's not like dude played well this year. But all of a sudden he gets into the playoffs, and this cat decides to play completely un-Eli like.
I said it after the Tampa game and I'll say it again; I'm stunned. It was evident Eli had the talent, but thinking that he'd win one playoff game on the road was questionable; winning three was insanity. I'll give it to him though. He's played well.
-----------------------------
After seeing Brett Favre's face during the press conference, it seems that today did offer me some petty satisfaction after all. I'll need it to endure the next two weeks of game coverage.

If you told me at the beginning of the season that Eli Manning and the Giants would be facing a 18-0 New England Patriots team in the Super Bowl I would have punched you in the mouth.

I view the Giants/Patriots matchup as akin to the neighborhood bully and the normal kid who is tired of his ****. The Giants stood up to the Patriots and got knocked down....got a bloody nose and walked away .....now some time later....the giants are coming back....faster and stronger....they want them some of the Pats....and whoever wins or loses....the Pats will know they have been in a fight....GO GIANTS!!!!!!

If San Deigo redzone offense would have stepped it up, they would have won that game. The Patriots looked weak. I think they're weaker then they were in week 17. I say this Super Bowl is a toss up.

You know, there is a good chance that the Pats could good 16-0 next year if you look at the schedule.

6 games against their division... no real threat.

4 games against the AFC West... San Diego the major threat.

4 games against the NFC West... no real threat.

2 against the remaining AFC Division Winners... PIT & IND... IND being a major threat(if Dungy leaves however, expect a decline).

So there is a real chance this team at a very minimal, win 14 games.

If San Deigo redzone offense would have stepped it up, they would have won that game. The Patriots looked weak. I think they're weaker then they were in week 17. I say this Super Bowl is a toss up.

The San Diego defense surely confused the Patriots offense, but to call this game a toss up after viewing the regular season and previous matchups seems a little off to me. The Patriots offense was terrible and still scored 21 points and beat San Diego.

These Giants are so annoying.

First they stand in the way of a perfect regular season, now they stand in the way of a perfect season, period.

I have to say after the last 2 AFC Championships being better than the NFC Championship and even the Superbowl, I think the NFC takes the better game this year in regards to the AFC/NFC Championship. :up:

These Giants are so annoying.

First they stand in the way of a perfect regular season, now they stand in the way of a perfect season, period.

I hope this time they can put the pats away :up:

The San Diego defense surely confused the Patriots offense, but to call this game a toss up after viewing the regular season and previous matchups seems a little off to me. The Patriots offense was terrible and still scored 21 points and beat San Diego.

The Giants were beating the Patriots by 4 going into the 4th quarter in week 17. The Giants have a LOT of momentum coming in having won 3 straight road playoff games. The Patriots just didn't impress me in their victory today. You had three key players on that Chargers team that were injured. It should have been a lopsided victory.

2008 NFL Playoff Pool: The Rematch of the Century - Giants and Patriots in Super Bowl XLII
In this part of the pool, I will count the games as records, and points will be given for closest score differentials separately, added onto the Super Bowl part of the pool, which will be a point system.
Players at 7-3: Badger, Dark Donnie, FatTonie, Fran (+)
Players at 6-4: bored, Byrd Man, NewYorkSpider, Spider-Fan, StorminNorman (+), The_Mystery
Players at 5-5: El ASESINO (-)*, Mister J, Panophobia (-)*, rdh007
Players at 4-6: cyborg ninja 14 (-)*, PWN3R (-)*
Players at 3-7: Hunter Rider (-)*, Matt
Players at 2-8: CalebYourMaster (-)*, KALEL114 (-)*

(+) = climb in rankings
(-) = drop in rankings
* = no picks submitted

Closest score differential for the New England victory: Dark Donnie - his score was 28-14, actual was 21-12. Difference of 9. +2 points
Closest score differential for the New York Giants victory: StorminNorman - his score was 24-17, actual was 23-20. Difference of 4. +2 points

Complete standings with points totals included with victories/losses
1. Dark Donnie - 16 points (7 wins x 2 = 14 points, +2 = 16)
2. Badger - 14 points (7 wins x 2)
T2. FatTonie - 14 points
T2. Fran - 14 points
T2. StorminNorman - 14 points (6 wins x 2 = 12, +2 = 14)
6. bored - 12 points (6 wins x 2)
T6. Byrd Man - 12 points
T6. NewYorkSpider - 12 points
T6. Spider-Fan - 12 points
T6. The_Mystery - 12 points
11. El ASESINO - 10 points (5 wins x 2)
T11. Mister J - 10 points
T11. Panophobia - 10 points
T11. rdh007 - 10 points
---Those below are eliminated---
15. cyborg ninja 14 - 8 points (4 wins x 2)
T15. PWN3R - 8 points
17. Hunter Rider - 6 points (3 wins x 2)
T17. Matt - 6 points
19. CalebYourMaster - 4 points (2 wins x 2)
T19. KALEL114 - 4 points

I'm eliminating anyone under 10 points... it's nearly impossible to win, whereas if you still have at least 10, you've got a shot. So starting with cyborg ninja 14, anyone below him in the rankings is ELIMINATED.

Thanks for playing though :csad:

I am not a fan of all the crap they wrap the super bowl in, regardless of the performers....i dont like the fact that the NFL lacks the balls to have the super bowl in a cold weather environment....but my team is in it this year so ill just have to deal and keep my remote close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"