2007 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is gonna be a great super bowl. I kind of cringed when we found out who was playing in the last three super bowls because super bowl 39 (i hate the patriots and eagles), super bowl 40 (seahawks bore me) and super bowl 41 (the bears bore me). But this is like Patriots vs panthers in super bowl 38. the big bad pats vs the little nfc tea, that could. it's gonna rock!

Well I hate to say I told you so, **** it I'll say it anyway, I told you so. What a great great great ending to the game. god I loved it. Favre's last pass of the season, and maybe his career, an INT that costs the Packers the Super Bowl and leads the Giants to win. Amazing. I couldn't have planned it better. Give the Packers fans hope with missing the last second field goal in regulation and then hitting a 47 yard FG, the first 40+ yard FG in Lambeau field postseason history, and sends everyone home crying.

PACKERS....THEY GONE!!! YES!

The Giants were beating the Patriots by 4 going into the 4th quarter in week 17. The Giants have a LOT of momentum coming in having won 3 straight road playoff games. The Patriots just didn't impress me in their victory today. You had three key players on that Chargers team that were injured. It should have been a lopsided victory.

The bottomline is the Patriots beat the Giants, Eli was exposed, and the Patriots capitalized on his and the defenses mistakes as they always do. If you're saying the Patriots looked unimpressive today, what was impressive about the Giants victory over the Packers? They miss two field goals against the Patriots, they are not winning the game.

The Chargers injuries were on the offense, not defense, why should it be a lopsided victory?

Although I liked the G-Men winning, loved seeing Favre talking to Eli on the field after the game.

The bottomline is the Patriots beat the Giants, Eli was exposed, and the Patriots capitalized on his and the defenses mistakes as they always do. If you're saying the Patriots looked unimpressive today, what was impressive about the Giants victory over the Packers? They miss two field goals against the Patriots, they are not winning the game.

The Chargers injuries were on the offense, not defense, why should it be a lopsided victory?

When did Excel take over your computer? :huh:

The bottomline is the Patriots beat the Giants, Eli was exposed, and the Patriots capitalized on his and the defenses mistakes as they always do. If you're saying the Patriots looked unimpressive today, what was impressive about the Giants victory over the Packers?

I was impressed the way Eli Manning handled the game. After all, they beat the Green Bay Packers at home in negative degree weather.

They miss two field goals against the Patriots, they are not winning the game.

Can you predict the future? Tell me who wins Super Bowl 42 so I can watch something else or get drunk.

I was talking about the Brady interceptions that could have turned into touchdowns.

Damn. Think about how close we were to Manning vs. Manning.

Yeah......scary. :csad:

When did Excel take over your computer? :huh:

...because I think the Patriots have a chance of beating the Giants in the Superbowl and I don't think it's a "toss up" ?

It's hilarous how you are calling me Excel when you spend more time on the boards talking about how you hate the Patriots than I do being a fan of the Patriots.

:Irony:

what was impressive was that no one gave the giants a chance, pretty much everyone knew the pats were going to win today

what was impressive was that no one gave the giants a chance, pretty much everyone knew the pats were going to win today

and that makes the giants playoff run all the sweeter and they have the momentum ....

lets hope they can do what no team has done this year

I was impressed the way Eli Manning handled the game. After all, they beat the Green Bay Packers at home in negative degree weather.

Sure he didn't throw a INT or fumble, but he didn't throw a TD either.

Can you predict the future? Tell me who wins Super Bowl 42 so I can watch something else or get drunk.

I think making a mistake against the Patriots this season is different than making a mistake against the Packers but that is just me.

I was talking about the Brady interceptions that could have turned into touchdowns.

No doubt Brady had a bad game, but history would tell me that it doesn't happen very often.

As I said in a previous post in this thread, I have given Manning a hard time all season, but he has been more than solid in the playoffs. The Giants played the Patriots close during the final game of the season, but Eli was exposed at the end of the game and couldn't hold what might have been a Giants victory.

Heck I am not saying the Patriots can't be beat, I was around in 2001 when the Rams were in the same position as the Patriots are in now, and the Patriots game in and handed it to them. Whether I am a Patriots fan or not, and I had to put money on the game, my money would be on the Patriots. So it's not the Giants can't win, they beat the Packers, Cowboys, and TB on the road as Spider said. I just think the Patriots are going to win and should be a favorite as they are.

People slept on the Chargers defense, and they did a terrific job containing the Patriots passing attack.

But the sad thing is, they couldn't do diddly poo offensively against the Patriots defense without a healthy Rivers/Tomlinson/Gates. But like I said earlier, the fact that this was a game through the fourth quarter is a testament to how talented San Diego really is.

Sure he didn't throw a INT or fumble, but he didn't throw a TD either. quote]

no but he did lead his team down the field all and won the game.

Spider's argument is that the Patriots didn't look impressive and they should have won by more, but Eli Manning didn't even throw a TD and the game is now considered a "toss up" by Spider. That is why I posted that.

I don't know why people go on past games. How the Patriots played in the AFC Championship will have absolutely no bearing or foretells how they will play in the Super Bowl. I'm sick of that argument. It should be long dead by now. Look what has happened in the playoffs and especially the Giants- Packers game for christ's sakes. Eli Manning LED the Giants to a win at Lambeau Field in Favre weather where it seemed like god himself was writing the script for the Packers run to the Super Bowl.

As I said in a previous post in this thread, I have given Manning a hard time all season, but he has been more than solid in the playoffs. The Giants played the Patriots close during the final game of the season, but Eli was exposed at the end of the game and couldn't hold what might have been a Giants victory.

Heck I am not saying the Patriots can't be beat, I was around in 2001 when the Rams were in the same position as the Patriots are in now, and the Patriots game in and handed it to them. Whether I am a Patriots fan or not, and I had to put money on the game, my money would be on the Patriots. So it's not the Giants can't win, they beat the Packers, Cowboys, and TB on the road as Spider said. I just think the Patriots are going to win and should be a favorite as they are.

we will have to wait and see if the giants have enough left to pull one more upset. i say they do plus i hate the pats.

Sure he didn't throw a INT or fumble, but he didn't throw a TD either.

He still threw for over 250yds. I've watched a lot of Giants game this season and if you had seen Manning in those game you would have laughed. He wasn't patient at all. He three the ball around like he didn't care. The Manning you've seen in the playoffs is a completely different Manning.

I think making a mistake against the Patriots this season is different than making a mistake against the Packers but that is just me.

What if the Giants miss two FG's and the Patriots come back and throw two INT. You just never know.

No doubt Brady had a bad game, but history would tell me that it doesn't happen very often.

I could care less what Brady's history is. This game will be close just like the other Super Bowl's he was in. Both teams have a chance to win.

...because I think the Patriots have a chance of beating the Giants in the Superbowl and I don't think it's a "toss up" ?

It's hilarous how you are calling me Excel when you spend more time on the boards talking about how you hate the Patriots than I do being a fan of the Patriots.

:Irony:

And that's irrelevant to the conversation.

BTW, I've been off the boards for like 24 hours. Work, friends and watching football.

He still threw for over 250yds. I've watched a lot of Giants game this season and if you had seen Manning in those game you would have laughed. He wasn't patient at all. He three the ball around like he didn't care. The Manning you've seen in the playoffs is a completely different Manning.

I watched a decent amount of Eli, because of the NFL package, nowhere near the amount you have. He is certainly hot right now, he's played very well almost as if he has "grown up", but this is still the same Eli who went 18 for 52 in week 15 vs Washington and 4 int in week 12 vs Minnesota

What if the Giants miss two FG's and the Patriots come back and throw two INT. You just never know.

Sure you don't, but you can analyze a game based on stats and previous games and matchups. That is all you have to go on.

I could care less what Brady's history is. This game will be close just like the other Super Bowl's he was in. Both teams have a chance to win.

You could care less about Brady's history but you believe that the game will be closed based on previous Patriot's Superbowl games? Interesting.

And that's irrelevant to the conversation.

It's completely relevant. You spend more time hating on the Patriots because your team has been out of contention than I spend supporting the team I follow. So when I do post about the team I cheer for, I am Excel, because you hate the Patriots. I find it kinda funny actually because I like you. Otherwise I might be offended.

BTW, I've been off the boards for like 24 hours. Work, friends and watching football.

I'm not sure how that is even remotely relevant.

It's completely relevant. You spend more time hating on the Patriots because your team has been out of contention than I spend supporting the team I follow. So when I post about the team I cheer for, I am Excel.

I'm not sure how that is even remotely relevant.

What the hell is your problem? :huh: I was joking about that Excel retort, I should've put a :oldrazz: in there for good measure.

Sorry for apparently pissing you off. It looks like you want everyone to praise them, so in two weeks you will get your praise if they win the big game. :cwink:

I watched a decent amount of Eli, because of the NFL package, nowhere near the amount you have. He is certainly hot right now, he's played very well almost as if he has "grown up", but this is still the same Eli who went 18 for 52 in week 15 vs Washington and 4 int in week 12 vs Minnesota

I watched the Washington game and he was a completley different player. He's changed since then. He hasn't thrown an INT at all in the playoffs. Now it doesn't gurantee that he will throw one in the Super Bowl, but it's the kind of player he's been in the last 3 games that shows his patience is coming around.

Sure you don't, but you can analyze a game based on stats and previous games and matchups. That is all you have to go on.

Manning threw for over 250yds and 4TD's against the Patriots with one INT. That game was pretty close if I remember. A red hot Manning coming into the Super Bowl who want revenge. Scary?

What about Randy Moss? He has only two catches in his last two games. It seems the Patriots pass offense has declined in the playoffs. They can't rely on Maroney the whole game. Giants have one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL.

You could care less about Brady's history but you believe that the game will be closed based on previous Patriot's Superbowl games? Interesting.

I was talking about Brady's incosistent games. It sounded like you thought he couldn't have a bad game in the Super Bowl.

What the hell is your problem? :huh: I was joking about that Excel retort, I should've put a :oldrazz: in there for good measure.

Sorry for apparently pissing you off. It looks like you want everyone to praise them, so in two weeks you will get your praise if they win the big game. :cwink:

You quoted me before I finished. You're two fast. I also said "I like you or I might be offended."

It has nothing to do with wanting anybody to praise the Patriots. Considering I never have said anything to anybody about saying, "I hate the Patriots." page after page in the thread simply because they are good, I find it hilarious that I can't even talk about the game or say I think the Patriots are going to win. I am not a trash talking Patriots fan, I think I respect everybody's opinion in this thread, but this whole thing is extremely hypocrtical. I am just trying to talk about football.

Nothing against you Fran at all. I was just busting your chops as you were mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"