• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2007 San Diego Comic Con

sounds like a plan.....i think the "networking" chances are a bit slim though. Every wannabe and their mother are going to be trying to get some face time with dc or marvel...good luck to her tho
She doesn't want to do comics - she's currently interning at Showtime doing TV stuff. Her boss is actually going to the Con as well, LOL.

I was also dubious about getting discovered by DC or Marvel at a con, but you could definitely meet a lot of interesting people. I've actually got a short comic published and the publisher will have a table, so my collaborator was like, "Let's have business cards!" and I'm all, "...What???" Yet another thing to think about, on top of having a website and packing and crap...

She doesn't want to do comics - she's currently interning at Showtime doing TV stuff. Her boss is actually going to the Con as well, LOL.

I was also dubious about getting discovered by DC or Marvel at a con, but you could definitely meet a lot of interesting people. I've actually got a short comic published and the publisher will have a table, so my collaborator was like, "Let's have business cards!" and I'm all, "...What???" Yet another thing to think about, on top of having a website and packing and crap...

That is really cool...I'm just going as a fan and it's my first vacation in about 6 years so im taking it easy....shoot me the link to your site in a PM ill check it out

All right! Looks like I'm going!

Who else is going?

I did read the rest of the tread. Just checking to see whether or not any more people were going.

Oh, I totally plan to ditch my friends once we get to the convention center. :oldrazz: My 2 friends are more into anime, my coworker is into DC and Marvel stuff, his gf wants to network with writers, and I'm more into alternative stuff. We're probably just going to meet up after closing hours each day for food and sleepage.

So your into independants? So do you attend that "Independant Alterative Expo" they have? A.P.E I think it's called?

No Matter how much you bring to San Deigo...it's never enough.

Good luck at the show Anita.Can we have a look at your work somewhere?
Thanks,
Geo

I cant wait, going all 3 days I hope :thing::spidey::batty::hulk::hellboy::wolverine:joker:

Oh, the tension. WILL they show The Dark Knight?

So your into independants? So do you attend that "Independant Alterative Expo" they have? A.P.E I think it's called?
Alternative Press Expo. :oldrazz: Yeah, I was there with my partner-in-crime (aka my comics collaborator). I'm pretty new into the whole comics thing in general - my friend is still telling me what's cool and I go, "Oooh!" We're still working on our website, which is kind of tough since she's in Korea and her friend (who's doing the coding) is in Japan...

But I am so psyched for SDCC! If my business cards could come in time, that would be nice too. :oldrazz:

Hey Dew, are you at a booth or at a table in artist alley? Whats your booth or table number?

Hey guys, I'm really disappointed. I went on to check if I could buy tickets for Saturday and they were sold out this morning...my fault for lagging. Do you guys know when they sold out? I checked Friday morning and they still had tickets. Is there anywhere else I can get them?

Beg someone with a multi-day pass. I think that's really the only way now..there might be scalpers on ebay but it would be super-expensive.

Actually, Saturday isn't the only "Big Movie Panel" day anymore. Paramount is having their panel on Thursday, and WB is having theirs on Friday. The only panel on Saturday I'm interested in is the Pixar/Disney one, and for that I might have to sit in early on the Rogue/Focus Studio panel as well.

Thanks Anita.

Paramount actually moved their panel to Saturday to go along with the Marvel Studio's panel. So they're doing the Hulk and Iron Man in the same time slot.

I wanted to check out the Heroes presentation and the Futurama one as well.

I'll be there (just found out a pro friend has an extra pass :D )

Really? Paramount is still showing up at 1:30 on Thursday for me. I was just on ebay - they're auctioning off 4-day passes for $150 holy CRAP what a ripoff...My friend signed me up last year for $40.

Hah, I just told my coworker that Paramount was gonna have a special screening of Stardust on Thursday night, and he totally freaked out. Now he thinks he's going to drive down on Thursday afternoon with his gf instead of early Friday morning, since both of them really REALLY want to see Stardust. I'm going to see if I can get tickets for them on Preview Night. Does anyone know if you have to be an SDCC attendee on that particular day to see an offsite screening that night?

Maybe it's not Paramount but Iron Man that they're moving to Saturday.

Yeah those Saturday tickets must have sold out on Saturday because I got my Friday ticket on Sunday and they were all gone by then.

think there might be some hard passes avail on the day, they sold out the online prebuy passes...

think there might be some hard passes avail on the day, they sold out the online prebuy passes...
The SDCC site says that they won't be selling Saturday one-day passes on-site.

Didn't Killgore say on pg 6 of this thread that he would only be attending until Friday with his 4-day pass? Quick JL Unlimited, go bribe him via PM!

I don't see how they can sell passes on eBay since you need to show your ID to get your badge. Anyways, I'll be there Friday and Saturday so feel free to say Hi if you see me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"