• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

2016 Is Going To Be A Massive Year

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
So, ever since they announced that Batman vs Superman was going to be moving to May 2016, it made me realize, we all think 2015 is going to be a huge year but, really, 2016 is going to be absolutely massive. Especially in terms of superhero movies. Amazing Spiderman 3, Xmen: Apocalypse, Batman vs Superman, an untitled Marvel Studios film which will most likely either be Thor 3 or Dr Strange and probably Fantastic Four (let's face it guys, FF ain't comin out in 2015).

My question for you guys is....will this be the year where the superhero movie bubble finally bursts? Is this just too much of a good thing or will audiences not care and eat all this up?

2016 is going to be massive.

So far, we don't enough about 2016 to conclude anything but as of right now, nothing can beat 2015, for better…or for worse.

So far, we don't enough about 2016 to conclude anything but as of right now, nothing can beat 2015, for better…or for worse.

Whether you talk about box office numbers or the actual quality of the movies... of course 2015 will beaten. Who really knows for now if the movies released next year will be any good? Maybe it will be remembered as the year of big disappointments. :)

So, ever since they announced that Batman vs Superman was going to be moving to May 2016, it made me realize, we all think 2015 is going to be a huge year but, really, 2016 is going to be absolutely massive. Especially in terms of superhero movies. Amazing Spiderman 3, Xmen: Apocalypse, Batman vs Superman, an untitled Marvel Studios film which will most likely either be Thor 3 or Dr Strange and probably Fantastic Four (let's face it guys, FF ain't comin out in 2015).

My question for you guys is....will this be the year where the superhero movie bubble finally bursts? Is this just too much of a good thing or will audiences not care and eat all this up?

There are superhero movies being made every year now. It hasnt made any year "massive".

There are superhero movies being made every year now. It hasnt made any year "massive".

True, superhero movies aren't that special anymore. I remember a magical time in history...a time when it could go years before we got a new one:wow:

And I also remember watching Superfriends in swedish, and Batman was called Läderlappen. Where I live he was called Lynvingen.

"Stålmannen vs Läderlappen: Lex Luthor och den stora skattjakten":woot:

Thats true but it looks like all the heavy hitters are coming out that year. Besides Avengers it doesnt get bigger than Spiderman and Xmen and then we have Batman vs Superman. On top of that Marvel Studios movie and on top of that most likely Fantastic Four. Just sayin i dont we've had a year with those many top tier properties coming out at once. Although this year may be a solid testing ground with Captain America, Spiderman, Xmen and Guardians Of The Galaxy all coming out.

Last edited:
Thats true but it looks like all the heavy hitters are coming out that year. Besides Avengers it doesnt get bigger than Spiderman and Xmen and then we have Batman vs Superman. On top of that Marvel Studios movie and on top of that most likely Fantastic Four. Just sayin i dont we've had a year with those many top tier properties coming out at once. Although this year may be a solid testing ground with Captain America, Spiderman, Xmen and Guardians Of The Galaxy all coming out.
But how good are they gonna be? The X-men prequel was my favorite in the series so I give you that, but I hated the latest Spiderman movie and didnt think very much of Man of Steel.

Insofar as anyone can really prognosticate. . . no, Superman vs Batman does not make a year bigger than Avengers 2 combined with Star Wars. Besides which, if Fantastic Four doesn't come out in 2015, its very likely not coming out at all.

The Fantastic Four reboot is becoming the Chinese Democracy of film.

I'm a diehard star wars mark and I'm admitting the jury is still out on the new film for me.

You're assuming all those movies are actually going to come out in 2016, I'd bet at least 2 of the movies you listed won't. Batman vs. Superman is a key example, movies can get delayed very easily this early in the development cycle, everything except Batman vs. Superman isn't even in script stage, just a pipe dream. Look at how long Marvel's been talking about Ant Man, it's finally moving forward after being in limbo for years.

I could still see Star Wars Episode VII moving to Summer '16.

2016 isn't going to be as big as 2015.

2016 with Batman vs Superman, X-Men Apocalypse & Amazing Spider-Man 2 beats 2015 with Star Wars VII and Avengers 2, IMO.

2016's slate isn't complete yet so we don't know for sure.

And I don't know if your comparisons is fair or have weight. 3 vs 2..when you know that James Bond, Terminator and Jurassic World are coming out in 2015 as well.

That being said, it's best for movie to get of 2015 anyway. Having a 'big' year isn't something to brag about if it's over-saturating the market.

2013 was an exhaustive year; there were a few points during the summer when I wished the studios had provided some breathing room, and just released forgettable films, instead of blockbusters. Hell, I had to bail on seeing films on the theater-and that hurt-just because I couldn't cough up $15 again. Hence, I had to catch the films on the home media market. 2015 is definitely going to be a year of alternating between the film and the Blu-Ray market.

In a way, I'm more excited about 2016 because there are three major films (tentatively) and that's it.

James bond, the avengers, jurassic park, terminator, star wars.
And from Pixar : Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur
All HUGE franchises
Of course then 2016 has Pirates, The DC Trinity, The X-men, spider-man, Alice, and Finding Dory

Exactly. Winter 2013 was SO crowded that it was hard to keep up with the releases. I'm actually glad that Jack Ryan moved from Christmas because it would've been lost (though I can also argue that it's not doing gangbusters now either).

James bond, the avengers, jurassic park, terminator, star wars.
And from Pixar : Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur
All HUGE franchises
Of course then 2016 has Pirates, The DC Trinity, The X-men, spider-man, Alice, and Finding Dory

I don't know if I'd call Jurassic Park or Terminator huge franchises anymore.

Terminator Salvation only made $125 million, which was good for #23 at the box office that year. It's a series that continues to have diminishing returns and creatively doesn't seem to know where to go.

Jurassic Park, in my mind is a dead franchise, it'll be 14 years since the last movie. Will anyone care by the time it comes out? Especially if there's a Pixar dinosaur movie it'll go up against.

It's Jurassic Park. People do care, and surprisingly, it has a big cult following that I didn't know about until a year ago. I kid you not, there are so many fan sites and forums for JP, if that's worth anything.

I'll do well. Termiantor is a wild card because it's a reboot but not…and Arnold is supposedly coming back..

I love Arnold but his star power has greatly diminished. The Last Stand was a dud and Escape Plan seems to have came and went. Sadly, i fear Arnold's time has passed. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"