300 World Premiere Gets Standing Ovation

AssMan

Sidekick
Reaction score
300, one of the highlights of the Berlin Film Festival, had its world premiere last night and received a standing ovation in the sold out Berlinale Palast. The film, inspired by the work of graphic novelist Frank Miller, was attended by director Zack Snyder and cast members Gerard Butler (King Leonidas) and Rodrigo Santoro (Xerxes). The screening was interrupted again and again by spontaneous applause and cheers from the 1700 strong audience.

Said Zack Snyder: "It was awesome to be at the Berlin Film Festival World Premiere and experience the amazing reaction."

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=5221

which funny, cause jlo's new mocvie bordertown got booed at the festival.lmao

Now that my excitement for GR is more or less dead, THIS is the next movie I´m crazy to see... Is it March already?

Couple more weeks, then this and then Grindhouse.

This movie looks to be good, shame it's not getting the attention it deserves. This board is nearly dead.

This movie looks to be good, shame it's not getting the attention it deserves. This board is nearly dead.
I just saw the trailer before Ghost Rider on Friday night.....it'll soon get it's following. That movie honestly looks to be one of the best I've ever seen. Ever. The "mountain" towards the end of the preview blew my mind once I realized what it was.

Hi guys !
I'm sure I'll love the film but I wanted to tell you I've read a different report about the Berlin premiere from my provider Alice (european stuff).

They don't report a standing ovation (which is probably a common thing to most first screenings) but some boo-ing and people leaving the theater before 300 ends. The critic who reported that mentionned that it was really beautiful, paintings in motion but at the same time the over-use of slo-mo hurt the film more than it helped and that the characters hadn't much depth.

I can't wait for this film myself since I don't mind John Woo slo-mo overdose ! ;)

Hi,

I am Marc from Berlin. I wanna tune in to get things straight.

I was in the World premiere and the repition of "300" next day, so i have seen it twice.

I got a friend who attended the press screening which was some hours before the world premiere.

Some stupid, arty and sophisticated journalists booed at the movie, but the crowd at the world premiere went nuts if you keep in mind that most of them were officials like film-traders and the kind.

I myself could not contain cries of joy at many scenes and there were standing-ovations at the end.

And Zack and Gerry were really happy about it, I heard them even crying things several times during the screening of the movie.

I have been waiting for this movie for 2 years since i first read about it- I am a die-hard fanboy of this flic.

This movie is awesome- it kicks unholy amounts of ass -so to speak.

My only complaint is - its too short. Running time is 117 minutes.

Gotta go now - but will tune in later if you got some questions.

Bye
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"