44 Years of the FF DVD-ROM

CTFFFan

Civilian
Reaction score
I purchased the DVD Rom titled 44 Years of the FF. It is a collection of every FF comic book on a DVD Rom from the beginning through the end of 2004. Excellent collection.

It's an impressive amount of material for the price, that's for sure. And apparently all printable, too. I'm sure I'll be picking it up.

But I do have problems with the packaging.
The front just didn't grab me and the back of the box is some generic George Perez illustration that's way too busy in my opinion.
The fold-open cover looks great (at least a dozen covers are shown)
but a lot of the data on these issues (at least in the fold-out) is in error.
For instance, it describes FF#192 as "The first time the team splits up." Uh, not hardly. The FF have been breaking up periodically since practically the beginning, but most definitely they were kaput at the end of #141.
The description for #264 reads: "first time a member is replaced." (She-Hulk replaces Ben.) Again, completely wrong. Jeez, Crystal replaced Sue for a short while, Medusa replaced Sue for over two years and Luke Cage replaced Ben for an issue and a half, all many years prior to She-Hulk's tenure.
These and other faulty "factoids" made me a reluctant buyer for now.

If you're missing a lot of this material, though, it's an absolute steal for the price!

Malus said:
It's an impressive amount of material for the price, that's for sure. And apparently all printable, too. I'm sure I'll be picking it up.

But I do have problems with the packaging.
The front just didn't grab me and the back of the box is some generic George Perez illustration that's way too busy in my opinion.
The fold-open cover looks great (at least a dozen covers are shown)
but a lot of the data on these issues (at least in the fold-out) is in error.
For instance, it describes FF#192 as "The first time the team splits up." Uh, not hardly. The FF have been breaking up periodically since practically the beginning, but most definitely they were kaput at the end of #141.
The description for #264 reads: "first time a member is replaced." (She-Hulk replaces Ben.) Again, completely wrong. Jeez, Crystal replaced Sue for a short while, Medusa replaced Sue for over two years and Luke Cage replaced Ben for an issue and a half, all many years prior to She-Hulk's tenure.
These and other faulty "factoids" made me a reluctant buyer for now.

If you're missing a lot of this material, though, it's an absolute steal for the price!

To be honest, I don't even use the box. I am catching up on comics I've never read before. Now I have to find a place to get the comics from 2005 on.

It's an instant FF collection, for the price of a few early 70's back issues.

Just wish Marvel would take more care in packaging this classic material.

Maybe I'll just make my own DVD case for it.:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"