• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Free Ultimate X-Men CD-Rom

Phaedrus45

Avenger
Reaction score
Just wanted everyone to know that if you go to Best Buy this week and put down $5.00 to reserve your copy of X-Men 3 (which you know you'll buy when it comes out anyway), you get a free copy of Ultimate X-Men, the Complete Comic Book Collection. It's over 70 complete comic books, it says, on CD-Rom.

(BTW, if you just want to buy it and not purchase X-Men 3, it's 9.99.)

Finally, Marvel takes advantage of the high profile that these movies give them. They should be doing stuff like this all the time. I'll be very curious to see if it affects sales at all.

I'll definately buy it. I love comics on CD, so even 9.99 is worth it. (That's 14 cents a comics, True Believers. And if you're buying X3, it's 0 cents a comic!!!)

Ill end up buying X3 because im a completist.:(

I'm buying X3, but I already have all the UXM on disk

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
is it only this week?

Not sure. It's a pre-order special; so, it might run longer. But, you have at least until Saturday. And, yeah, I ordered the Collector's Edition, too.

I hate how DVDs are now offering the "bells and whistles" at an expanded price. For years and years, DVDs didn't have two editions, but gave you both discs automatically. Now, you have to pay between 22-25 dollars, like with V For Vendetta or King Kong.

Phaedrus45 said:
Not sure. It's a pre-order special; so, it might run longer. But, you have at least until Saturday. And, yeah, I ordered the Collector's Edition, too.

I hate how DVDs are now offering the "bells and whistles" at an expanded price. For years and years, DVDs didn't have two editions, but gave you both discs automatically. Now, you have to pay between 22-25 dollars, like with V For Vendetta or King Kong.
So, I can get this if I get the Stan Lee edition? I care more about the Stan Lee comic than the Ultimate X-Men disc, but I'll take that too, if I can.

Yeah. No matter what copy you buy, Best Buy will take five dollars off it's total. They did the same thing with me and my copy of Madden 2007 for the X-Box 360. I wanted the Hall Of Fame Edition, even though it signed me up for the regular copy...and, the cashier let me know it applied for the Collector's Edition of X-Men 3, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"