• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Amazing Spider-Man A J.J. Abrams Spider-Man?

Excuse me? Really? Did I imply it like that? :o

Where did I say Raimi is the only one able to do these films? That's right, I didn't.

I simply said I'm perfectly content with Raimi, and would be a bit worried if someone else took over. Directors taking over in the middle of a franchise can be bad. The camera work, the lighting, the whole feel. Just look at the big jump from Batman Returns to Batman Forever. The whole feel changes. Makes it feel like a different movie apart from the series, and I don't like that.

Well BR to BF is different, because it was a trilogy, one that Tim Burton had a plan for, but then decided to hand the reigns to Schumacher. Spider-Man 4 with a different director wouldn't be a big change because the trilogy has ended; a supposedly "new" saga would be at the start of S-M 4, either just by one more movie or even three new movies. The Osborns are deceased, and Spider-Man 4 would call for new storylines, something that I think Raimi won't be able to handle, imo.

And if not Spider-Man 4, then a reboot series(which I think is a given in the next ten, maybe fifteen years down the line)...

but I certainly think Abrams might be better for a Superman film. Spider-Man is OK right now(and I really have hopes for a Spider-Man 3.1, that is actually as good as the novelization, then maybe I'll have a change of mind with the third film), but Superman needs a brilliant movie from the get-go. Superman Returns war horrendous, plus Smallville is garbage, and yet it's still on the air which makes no sense.

The guy who made MI3 (which imo sucked) and the equally dull looking Star Trek? No thanks.

SM4 is the last chance I am going to give Raimi, Tobey, and crew so I hope they do good with it.

Me too.

Fincher needs to give superhero movies a shot. Leave those serial killers alone.

Too bad Raimi has a death grip on the spidey franchise. Unwilling to let anybody hold his golden goose. How much money does this guy need from the franchise till he's satisfied? He stopped reading Spidey when he was eight so I know he isn't doing Spider-man movie after movie after movie after movie just to tell Parker's story. He's doing it for the easy riches. Spider-man 3 makes it painfully obvious.

The Harry Potter movies have benefited from switching directors every once and a while. Anybody who thinks Raimi is the only one capable of directing a decent Spider-man movie drank the kool aid.

he's okay but ill stick with the guy who had a huge Spider-Man painting above his bed room

on a side note:

early IGN review of Star Trek states that there is great character development but the action lacks.

on a side note:

early IGN review of Star Trek states that there is great character development but the action lacks.

well doesnt that suck? lol i wasnt gonna watch it anyway probably till DVD

It said the acting was good, but the story and character development itself lacked. Abrams created a few good TV shows that went downhill, that does not make him a go-to director.

Now David Fincher? That would be very interesting. I'd love to see him tackle a story similar to KLH, but with the Lizard and maybe a marriage subplot. That'd be an awesome movie.

I don't think Raimi is the only director who can do a Spidey movie, but I have enjoyed his versions and actually hope he does a good SM4, just to shut the whiney fans up. I'm so tired of seeing everytime his name comes up, even about films unrelated to Spidey, people start *****ing "Wah, he ruined SM3. Wah, he cast Topher Grace as Venom. Wah, he raped Venom and I'll never forgive him." Now, apparently he has gone from a fanboy demigod to a person less than mud, as the general consensus is he is overrated and hasn't made a good movie since Evil Dead II (which IMO, was the weakest of that trilogy).

So, I want to see him knock SM4 out of the park and leave the fanboys eating crow and start praising him again and then walk away on a high. He is too classy a chap to be so viscously spit on everytime his name appears on the internet.

J.J. Abrams has a great vision for any story. He truly is one of the great directors of our time. And by the looks of it, Star Trek will be a major hit. I was thinking about this, and thought that J.J. Abrams could be a great director of Spider-Man 4, or any Spider-Man movie in general.

What Do You Guys Think?

Discuss

-Batman137

Man. I would LOVE to see JJ do a take on Spider-Man. One of the truely great directors IMO, and really seems to love his characters.

Great Post! :up:

JJ Abrams rocks. MI-3 is by far the best along with the 1st one. Not a trekkie but the trailer sure intrigued me. I even think JJ Abrams is a better storyteller than Nolan especially how he handlesmale, female characters and the love story.

I think Abrams could make an awesome Spider-Man movie...MI:III was my favorite out of the trilogy, and I really enjoyed Star Trek (As far as it's action goes I think they went for a Super-Man:The Movie/Super-Man Returns approach, light on it this time, but just so they can blow minds with the sequel). But I think he might try to hard to make it entirely different than the movies we have...and I'm not sure how I would feel about that. If it were the case I mean. Anyway, I'm not sour that we won't be seeing his Spidey any time soon.

PS:
I don't think Raimi is the only director who can do a Spidey movie, but I have enjoyed his versions and actually hope he does a good SM4, just to shut the whiney fans up. I'm so tired of seeing everytime his name comes up, even about films unrelated to Spidey, people start *****ing "Wah, he ruined SM3. Wah, he cast Topher Grace as Venom. Wah, he raped Venom and I'll never forgive him." Now, apparently he has gone from a fanboy demigod to a person less than mud, as the general consensus is he is overrated and hasn't made a good movie since Evil Dead II (which IMO, was the weakest of that trilogy).

:applaud

Trek was superb, I now really would like to see an abrams version of spidey

J.J. Abrams is an over-rated hack that steals ideas whenever possible. I'm suprised nobody has been smart enough to notice it.

No thanks. I don't want to see Spider-Man 4: Attack of the Polar Bear.

Abrams is a talentless hack and I just don't see the appeal of his work.

on a side note:

Trek has never been overly about action to begin with.

Trek was superb, I now really would like to see an abrams version of spidey

I Agree! I went into the film thinking I would hate it, being a fan of the original cast. Star trek was very well done! Best movie of the summer so fair There is no way Star trek will not beat wolverine! I think Raimi is a very over rated director. Green goblin looked like a power rangers villain, and spidey 3 I....I don't even know what to say about that, that has not already been said.

on a side note:

I'd take character development over action any day of the week.

I always thought Abrams was a competent director and very good at what he does although slightly overrated. However, after watching Star Trek I take my hat off to him for making such a fantastic movie.
He managed to do what Raimi hasn't and that is provide the perfect balance of character development, spectacle, well timed/placed humour, great action and sorrow.
I think it is ridiculous to believe that Sam Raimi is the only person capable of making spider-man movies. If Abrams were to direct a spidey movie, I believe he could do a better job than Raimi but the fact is Abrams hasn't directed one and I doubt he will. Like others have said, I'd love for him to direct the Avengers movie. He can handle the scope.
I just hope the creative team behind spider-man 4 are working on an awesome script, particularly where the drama and exposition are concerend. Come on Raimi, we're all spidey fans here and we don't want you to fail.

I always thought Abrams was a competent director and very good at what he does although slightly overrated. However, after watching Star Trek I take my hat off to him for making such a fantastic movie.
He managed to do what Raimi hasn't and that is provide the perfect balance of character development, spectacle, well timed/placed humour, great action and sorrow.
I think it is ridiculous to believe that Sam Raimi is the only person capable of making spider-man movies. If Abrams were to direct a spidey movie, I believe he could do a better job than Raimi but the fact is Abrams hasn't directed one and I doubt he will. Like others have said, I'd love for him to direct the Avengers movie. He can handle the scope.
I just hope the creative team behind spider-man 4 are working on an awesome script, particularly where the drama and exposition are concerend. Come on Raimi, we're all spidey fans here and we don't want you to fail.

I understand thinking there's a lack of balance if you are refering to Spider-Man 3...but all of them? No way.

people say Abrams is overrated, but i think Raimi is the one who is overrated.

I think J.J. could make a kickass Spidey movie, I would love to see what he would do with it, I have a feeling he also wouldn't include all the corniness of Raimi which would definitely be preferable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"