• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

ABC entertainment boss out, replaced by the head of ABC Family

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of ABC these days, but from what I've gathered, it has seemingly devolved into a more high profile, broadcast variation of Lifetime (in other words, shows which you would immediately think would appeal more towards women) with shows like Brothers and Sisters, Dancing with the Stars, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Cougar Town, The Bachelor, Desperate Housewives, etc.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/changes-imminent-at-abc-entertainment/

Steve McPherson, who as head of ABC's entertainment division since 2004 oversaw the launch of "Lost," "Dancing with the Stars," "Desperate Housewives," "Grey's Anatomy" and "Modern Family," abruptly resigned tonight after stagnating ratings and for allegedly being too abrasive in the job. He'll be replaced by Paul Lee, who has rejuvenated ABC Family cable network.

Well, guess I'm not going to be watching ABC anymore. Those ABC Family shows look god awful and if that's what's in store for the network station, then I'll be tuning out.

However TMC, I think you're being pretty hard on ABC, you've listed 7 shows, one of which has been cancelled, another is only half an hour. This is also the network that gave us Lost and Modern Family

Well, guess I'm not going to be watching ABC anymore. Those ABC Family shows look god awful and if that's what's in store for the network station, then I'll be tuning out.
This.

Although, Modern Family is still a must.

ABC Family is only worth watching for the Harry Potter weekends and the other movies they occasionally air, as far as I'm concerned. Their original programming is pure garbage. Have you people ever watched Secret Life of the American Teenager? No? Well, here's a word of advice: Don't. :o

Im happy but not. Im happy that the person who caused my beloved Samantha Who? and Pushing Daises to go down the drain and to cancellation is gone. But he also brought me DH/GA(when it was good) and plenty other shows.

I haven't watched ABC since waaaaaay back when TGIF had good shows, I've been watching the remade 'V' but we know that ain't getting good ratings.

I still miss Pushing Daisies, I wonder whatever happened to the comic book series they were set to make.

It's still in the works, apparently.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.c...d-during-sexual-harassment-investigation.html

Steve McPherson quit yesterday as ABC was investigating multiple harassment claims made by females executives against the ABC entertainment president, according to the Hollywood Reporter. McPherson's attorney, while not addressing any specifics, released a statement saying: "It is not uncommon for high level executives to be the subject of gossip and innuendo. That would include rumors of internal situations which can easily be misinterpreted or misrepresented."

Meet the new British boss of ABC entertainment
Paul Lee was a war reporter in Belfast, Northern Island and helped launch BBC America before revamping ABC Family. PLUS: Ex-ABC boss Steve McPherson deserves credit for "CSI's" success.

Whenever I read your comments, all I hear now is Sue Sylvesters voice.

That was the plan.

Now, i'd love to stay and chat but this has been a colossal waste of my time. :o

That was the plan.

Now, i'd love to stay and chat but this has been a colossal waste of my time. :o

Should have used the slow motion scene when Will & Sue were screaming at each other

ABC Family is only worth watching for the Harry Potter weekends and the other movies they occasionally air, as far as I'm concerned. Their original programming is pure garbage. Have you people ever watched Secret Life of the American Teenager? No? Well, here's a word of advice: Don't. :o

The worst part of the Harry Potter weekends are the several thousand promos they run for their own shows.

What is up with Secret Life of the American Teenager? Is every kid on that show pregnant?

The worst part of the Harry Potter weekends are the several thousand promos they run for their own shows.

What is up with Secret Life of the American Teenager? Is every kid on that show pregnant?

I'd go out on a limb and say Brenda Hampton may just be the worst writer working in television today. Seriously. 7th Heaven started out as a decent little family show and over time degenerated into some snotty bull**** show and the only difference between these two is that this has been like that since the beginning. The characters she writes are annoying, unloveable, not particularly well written and the plots are absurd. I almost wonder how self-loathing the actors must be to be involved with this. Even as a teen actor with such little work possibilities, I'd literally look at one script and be like "This is trash" and quit.

I'd go out on a limb and say Brenda Hampton may just be the worst writer working in television today. Seriously. 7th Heaven started out as a decent little family show and over time degenerated into some snotty bull**** show and the only difference between these two is that this has been like that since the beginning. The characters she writes are annoying, unloveable, not particularly well written and the plots are absurd. I almost wonder how self-loathing the actors must be to be involved with this. Even as a teen actor with such little work possibilities, I'd literally look at one script and be like "This is trash" and quit.

Yeah, they cancel 10 Things I Hate About You, but keep a poorly written and acted narm-fest like The Secret Life... on the air!:huh: One of the good things about The Secret Life... though is that it always provides good Soup fodder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"