Absolute All Star Batman coming...wait, hold on, what?!

I am a fan of the series. Guilty pleasure sure but i will consider picking it up, especially if it has extra stuff like why the issues were delayed, what was FM thinking ?

maybe the absolute edition has the unreleased issues in script form with raw art.

Yes,because we all love buying books that have no ending and no cohesive storyline at all.

Yeah, we do.

Im not saying i will pay full price but on ebay sure or a gift card or something.

No one will buy it? Lol, did you see the sales for All Star Batman and Robin? It was one of DC's top sellers whenever an issue was released. Finished or not, I'm sure this is going to sell a good amount.

Basically the same as Volume 1 but just with Issue 10 too, Miller needs to hurry up :o

To be honest, I doubt Miller is the problem. Lee started taking on other projects, and especially so when the New 52 started he's become very involved with that. I guess they could get another artist, but Miller said he was writing ASS specifically for Lee and didn't want to switch. Now he's moved on to other projects, so I feel safe in saying this is basically dead. This Absolute is DC's way of milking as much as they possibly can out of it. That's what Absolutes have basically become anymore.

Are these Absolute things really worth it? I see them in book stores and they are just too huge to put on the shelf and waaay too expensive...

New Frontier version I have is awesome, along with my Watchmen version. New Frontier is awesome cause it combines both Volumes and Watchmen was neat cause it had TONS of extras.

New Frontier version I have is awesome, along with my Watchmen version. New Frontier is awesome cause it combines both Volumes and Watchmen was neat cause it had TONS of extras.
Don't forget Kingdom Come (which has more of the story added into it), All-Star Superman and For Tomorrow.

Are these Absolute things really worth it? I see them in book stores and they are just too huge to put on the shelf and waaay too expensive...

Eh, they are somewhat of a novelty really. I have All Star Superman in Absolute and it's perfectly readable, but I prefer the regular hardcovers over it to be honest. It's more for hardcore collectors. It use to be about presenting classics in a kind of grand, cinematic way, but they've been giving out the treatment a lot more literally recently.

I will think it's more practical if the gigantic box contained a normal sized hardcover of the comic, rather than a gigantic comic book.

I will think it's more practical if the gigantic box contained a normal sized hardcover of the comic, rather than a gigantic comic book.

That would sort of defeat the whole point. It'd just be a hardback in a pretty box.

What the hell ever happened to Dark Knight: Boy Wonder?

^ As far as I know, Jim Lee was in the process of drawing it, then got the distracted 50,000 times, then the reboot happened and it was even more irrelevant than before, so he just stopped.

If it ever happens, I would be surprised if Lee did the art.

Recently Lee did say his next project is Batman-related http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53719

CBR said:
CBR:Looking a bit into the future, the last issue of "Superman Unchained" is scheduled for September. Can you share any hints on what your next art gig might be? Is it already in the works?

Jim Lee: I will leak something to you: It's something Batman-related. But I actually have several projects lined up. There are several projects I've committed to before that I want to wrap up. But there are some really interesting new projects with some creators I've never worked with before that I hope to line up and announce by the end of the year.

I kind of doubt they'll go back and finish All Star though, so much time has passed. Though you could take his line about wrapping up several projects to include All Star.

Lee should have just finished his previous projects before going into the next ones.

Lee should have just finished his previous projects before going into the next ones.

Art for the main title of the largest overhaul DC Comics has ever had/Superman story in his 75th birthday > A Batman story critically panned with a creator who has lost his touch.

If anything, hope that Dark Knight: Boy Wonder comes out this year, to coincide with the birthday like Superman Unchained did.

He had time to do this project way before the 75th anniversary, it's almost been a decade since he was supposed to draw these 16 issues in total, and 6 years since he drew the first 10 issues.

We have no idea why Batman & Robin went on hiatus in 2008 though. All we know is that Frank Miller gave in some scripts shortly before the New 52 began development (so therefore, it can't be the same story from 6 years ago), and Jim began working on it. Then he stopped to do other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"