Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.) - Part 2

1) I'm not sure implying they would have been willing to use more force on a 9-year-old girl is helping their cause.

2) She was already handcuffed, so why was it necessary to also pepper spray her? And how much damage is a 9-year-old girl really doing to multiple adult cops?

If the cops are now at a point they fear even 9 year old girls harming them, then we need to rethink who we allow to be a police officer.

This is beyond my comprehension....

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

I am so tired of living in a country where so many don't get it.

I made a post about the subject last year but John Oliver makes it clear that it's even worse than I thought.

It seems that there's often not enough check up. Sometimes cops might even get the address wrong. Now, there is probably an argument to be made that no knock warrants are at times necessary. I can see the point for them when cops are going after genuinely dangerous criminals. But using them for drug busts is ridiculous. Someone in a meth lab isn't going to start a gun fight with cops for obvious reasons. Even people at a significant drug storage will most likely accept the situation when there's a SWAT team at the door.

And that raises the question whether these type of raids are happening because the police are worried about suspects getting rid of the drugs. And that sounds worrying. If the amount of drugs they're going after can easily be flushed down the toilet, then maybe they shouldn't be attacking people's homes like they're in a war zone.

Last edited:

Oh look, a murderous cop. I'm sure they kept him locked up while they investigated....

Keeping the streets safe indeed. Though, the "killings unrelated to his job" sure is a way to define murder...

Rubberstamping warrants is a problem.
I can understand why the incarnation rate is so high in the U.S. The odds are stacked so much more in favour of law enforcement that their job seems almost too easy in some places. Add politicised judges and prosecutors to the mix with for profit jails and you have a heavily criminalised population.

Saw a vid of LAPD killing an unarmed man the same way of George Floyd. One cop with his knee on his neck, the other cop had his knee on his back, the man had a deadly heart attack due to this. Cops even after confirming he had no more pulse were so lack of a better word inhumane, just another day in the office for them.

Another cop caught this time on camera sexually harassing a woman and he tries to blame the victim. Had there been no camera evidence like this he would still be the chief and his counterclaim she was the harasser would be taken more seriously.

I don't like the idea of sitting in front of a camera being watched at my job but if a situation like this came up I would want video proof of it to back up my claim too. There is absolutely no question he was harassing her and yet he still tried to deflect blame back at the woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"