Actors Who Picked the Wrong Superhero Roles

Chris Meloni would have made a great Luthor but instead Snyder cast him as a forgettable military guy. He was fine in that part but it would have been great to see him in a more substantial role.

You guys are mean, Eisenberg was the perfect Luthor. :o

46tc0Y.gif

LOL.

Here’s another one (sort of). I liked David Thewlis as Ares well enough, though he wasn’t particularly memorable. I know some people really didn’t care for him in that movie though.

Anyway, he’s AWESOWE as John Dee in The Sandman.

Chris Meloni would have made a great Luthor but instead Snyder cast him as a forgettable military guy. He was fine in that part but it would have been great to see him in a more substantial role.

Chris Keller as Lex Luthor? :funny: He'd be seducing Jimmy Olsen into going down on him and then snapping his neck after.

:dry: It makes sense if you've seen Oz.

Having just watched whatever the hell Thor Love & Thunder was, I can definitely add Christian Bale to this list.

Well, since a sequel is happening for some stupid ****ing reason, Keanu Reeves was completely miscast as Constantine. I’m not sure what character he does fit but it’s not Hellblazer.

Last edited:
Keanu Reeves ... I’m not sure what character he does fit but it’s not Hellblazer.
He was obviously meant to be the most-excellent Ted Kord (Blue Beetle) to Alex Winter's Sean Penn's Booster Gold
The buddy time-travelering duo saving the universe...from themselves.
OYi3SWa.jpg

NKpNDX0.jpg

6ublhj.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought Bale was great in the film. Just underutilized.

He did kind of good, with what he was given, as the Thing but what about Michael Chiklis as the Kingpin?

Chiklis does look like the Kingpin, though they would have to use camera tricks to make him tower over people. He might have been good In that role though. I wish Chiklis had a better post-Shield career.

I don't know, I feel like Chiklis comes off as too rough. He's more Blockbuster than Kingpin. Granted, that just might be because Donofrio's performance is so definitive.

Mid 2000s Willem Dafoe was the greatest Joker we never got

Any era Willem Dafoe was the greatest Joker we never got
Fixed that for ya. :o Wasn't he actually in consideration for Batman '89? I feel like the role might have been either his or Robin Williams's if Nicholson had turned it down.

Anyway, after seeing Black Adam and confirming that Pierce Brosnan and Aldis Hodge are the brighter spots of the movie I'd say that they should've held out for a call from Marvel, or at least a better offer from DC.

Fixed that for ya. :o Wasn't he actually in consideration for Batman '89? I feel like the role might have been either his or Robin Williams's if Nicholson had turned it down.

Anyway, after seeing Black Adam and confirming that Pierce Brosnan and Aldis Hodge are the brighter spots of the movie I'd say that they should've held out for a call from Marvel, or at least a better offer from DC.
Robin Williams would have been terrifying.

If Lee Pace hadn't been wasted as Ronan the Accuser, he'd be my pick for Reed Richards.

I’m one of the few who really liked Lee as Ronan but I would love to see him get a shot at a bigger character. I really want them to do an Authority movie or TV show; he would be an amazing Apollo.

I kind of liked him as Ronan, but he didn't get to do much. He was one of those lesser MCU villains that only exist so that the heroes have someone to fight at the end of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"