Adam West and Burt Ward are Back in: BATMAN: RETURN OF THE CAPED CRUSADERS

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
So, yeah, who saw this coming?! This came out of nowhere. West, Ward and Newmar are reprising their roles in this animated feature. Count me in for this!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/17/batman-adam-west-burt-ward-julie-newmar-animated

Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly

Holy nostalgia, Batman! The caped crusader is returning to his 1960s television roots in a new animated feature film Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, featuring the voices of Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar.

In the exclusive trailer, which you can see above, Batman and Robin are seemingly on their way to a fiery death when the news that a new animated feature is on the way sparks a brilliant escape plan. West’s Batman also teases the film’s villains, including the Joker, Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman.

The classic Batman television series, which ran from 1966 to 1969, saw West’s Batman and Ward’s Robin face off against such villains as Newmar’s iconic Catwoman.

Fans can follow the bat signal to their favorite online and retail stores for Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment, when it’s released for Digital HD on Oct. 11 and Blu-Ray on Nov. 1.

this should be hilarious can't beat Adam West batman cheese lol

Hmm. Intriguing. You can definitely hear the age in Adam West and Burt Ward, like with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill in The Killing Joke, but it's great to hear them all the same.

Loving it! I wonder who will voice Joker, Penguin, and Riddler. Anyway, it looks very good. We finally get to see the 60's version of Batman animated the way Filmation could have only wished they could have! I was hoping(or still hoping) that there would be other villains like Mr. Freeze, Egg Head, Mad Hatter, False Face, Zelda, and Clock King. Maybe in future followings I guess.

I really want to see their version of Two Face

Burt Ward sounds great! West, you can definitely hear the age in his voice but whatever, its good to have these guys back! And kudos to WB for keeping this a secret! Its nice to be surprised every now and then. :)

Can't wait for this. Been so long without any news that I thought they gave up on it or something.

I feel like Neil Patrick Harris might do a decent Gorshin Riddler.

Very cool. Love some of the cheesier stuff like Brave and the Bold as well, so I'm very excited.

If only Yvonne Craig were still around for this. Oh well I will probably get it anyway.

I am so excited for this :up:

I hope the voice actors they get for Penguin, Joker, and Riddler try to emulate Meredith, Romero and Gorshin as much as possible.

I'd rather shave my entire pelvic area with a rusty knife dipped in Icy Hot and Sriracha than watch this. But for those of the Bat fandom who like the 60s show, I can see where this would stoke those nostalgia fires. Enjoy.

Hmm. Intriguing. You can definitely hear the age in Adam West and Burt Ward, like with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill in The Killing Joke, but it's great to hear them all the same.

They sound fine as their characters, I am surprised Ward sounds so good as Robin!!

I really want to see their version of Two Face

Me to! It would be so cool to introduce Bane, the Harlequin, Killer Croc etc to the 66 on screen universe.

Can't wait for this. Been so long without any news that I thought they gave up on it or something.

Same here, there was a lot of silence for months - March 2015 they leaked at the convention something was happening!!

I feel like Neil Patrick Harris might do a decent Gorshin Riddler.

Possibly!

I wonder if this is a new story or adapted from the new comics? WWasn't there a Batrocket in one? i wouldn't mind an adaptation of Ellison'sstory, didn't West & Ward say potentially there would be two movies?

Youtube link for it;

[YT]eJkmue50gd8[/YT]

So glad they kept Meredith's 'wak wak wak' Penguin laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"