• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Just watched the trailer for Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders starring Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...aders-trailer-brings-back-adam-west-burt-ward

It's great that they're returning to the roles again after all these years.

I wouldn't have minded seeing them taking on a serious portrayal of Batman with West playing a much darker version similar to other animated movies or shows. It would've been interesting to see how he and Burt Ward would've played that, without all the "holy (blank) Batman" dialogue and hammy acting.

It looks like a contemporary movie but set in the universe of the 66 series.

AMAZING! I thought for a while this wasnt happening

Are Cesar Romero, Frank Gorshin, and Burgess Meredith all dead? If so, I wonder how well the new voice actors will perform those roles. Will they go for pure imitation or just do their own versions?

I doubt the actors for Alfred, Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara are still alive as well.

Probably be soundalikes.

Would be cool if they did what the comics did and introduce villains like Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Bane, Harley Quinn (or 'The Harlequin') etc that werent in the show

They'd have to play them quite differently to their traditional portrayals. Maybe Two Face could be like Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever though. I suppose Harley would be like the cartoon.

I'm getting this one definitely, but I wish they'd get West to voice Bats in a regular Justice League or Batman feature. I like Kevin Conroy, but let's hear somebody else once in a while.

They both sound great, but West is definitely showing his age in his voice in this.

Random thought: I want Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill to do an intense audiobook of Green Eggs and Ham.

The trailer looks cool. Not so sure about Penguin's voice. Doesn't sound like they're going for a complete imitation of Burgess Meredith from that little clip.

I would've liked a longer trailer to hear Julie Newmar speaking.

I still think Cesar Romero looks the most classic comic Joker out of all the live action Jokers.

Could anyone tell whether Joker still had a mustache under his white make up for the cartoon?

I honestly couldn't make out any sign of a mustache on Joker, but maybe its only visible in close up shots.

The Omen: Creative Craze

This is a great idea. Why NOT make something like this?

After all, Batman is the ultimate 'modern (male) Cassandra.'

His enemy Scarecrow (a maniac wielding fear-toxins), for example, symbolizes modern age urbanization-related crime paranoia, while his enemy Poison Ivy (an eco-terrorist) symbolizes modern age fears about eco-pollution scientists.

It's great that Burt Ward and Adam West and the whole crew are hyped about 'resurrecting' their pastel-noir model of the Dark Knight.

BGK15.png

I didn't see this thread when I posted my review of the DVD in the 66 thread.

I'm still giddy over this movie. I don't understand what the point of the villains being in the band at the beginning. Was that just to show everyone that they were teaming up? Or just to drop off the clue?

It was always funny on the old show how Batman and Robin would pull the most insane answer to the riddles out of their pockets and they did that very thing in this movie

I picked it up and watched it tonight after I got home from work, it was A W E S O M E, a kick ass and funny love letter to that classic 66 tv show. West, Ward, and Newmar still had it, there were at times where you can tell West, is well a lot older, but he still did a great job, Newmar was surprisingly good playing the role again, oh and the new actors for Joker, Riddler, and Penguin killed it. I liked that they had a lot of nods to gags like, the idea that 3 actresses played Catwoman, and nods to other Batman films, I almost lost if when West as Batman, delivered Keaton's "do you want to get nuts?" line from the 89 film etc. If you are a fan of the 66 show, then you will love this movie, do hope they can do one more while we still have West, Ward, and Newmar with us.

I still have to watch this. I have it but haven't gotten round to watching it yet.

How do Joker, Riddler and Penguin sound? Are they imitations of the originals or just their own thing? If they are imitations, how good are they?

they sounded great it was kinda a blend they imitated the 3 actors and had a lot of the characteristics of the characters, like they had their laughs down and how they said their lines but did their own things. I like that Wally Wingert, who is Riddler is also Riddler in the Arkham games but he plays it more like Frank Gorshin than say how Glover played him in the 90s animated series.

'Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders' Soundtrack Details

World's Finest Online said:
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
Studio: La-La Land Records
Release Date: November 8th, 2016

soundtrackcover.jpg

Description: Music from the animated movie! It’s back to the 1960s as Batman and Robin spring into action when Gotham City is threatened by a quartet of Batman’s most fiendish foes – Penguin, The Joker, Riddler and Catwoman. The four Super-Villains have combined their wicked talents to hatch a plot so nefarious that the Dynamic Duo will need to go to outer space (and back) to foil their arch enemies and restore order in Gotham City. It’s a truly fantastic adventure that will pit good against evil, good against good, evil against evil … and feature two words that exponentially raise the stakes for both sides: Replicator Ray. Holy Multiplication Tables!

Track Listing:
1. Classic Batman Main Title*§ 1:24
2. Batman’s New Look** 0:25
3. Meet Our Baddies*/It’s the Bat-Signal** 2:22
4. To the Batcave*§ 1:53
5. Not So Fast, Old Chum**/Crosswalk Conundrum** 0:30
6. Riddle Me This?***/Atomic Lab Fight*§ 3:13
7. Jokermobile Chase*** 1:49
8. Catwoman Has Batnip* 1:49
9. TV Dinner Factory Arrival** 1:24
10. TV Dinner Factory Kerfuffle*/TV Tray Death Trap*/Dessert Denouement* 4:31
11. Establish Police HQ*/The BatShadow Rises*/A Moment With Aunt Harriet***/You’re Dismissed** 2:15
12. In Search of Criminal Activity*** 1:10
13. Batcave Batmobile Arrival**/To the Bat-Rocket** 1:20
14. The Right Bat Stuff*/Space Joker Playon* 1:29
15. Bat-Rocket Approaches the Station*** 1:21
16. Outer Space Rendezvous**/Under the Influence*** 3:34
17. Zero-G Brawl* 2:29
18. Like a Bat in the Night*/Holy Hitchhiker, Robin** 0:37
19. Bruce Snaps at Aunt***/Back Alley Dirge** 1:03
20. Why Won’t He Answer?*** 0:33
21. Gotham Crime Spree** 0:39
22. Bat Dupe See*/Batmen Take Over*/Robin Figures It Out** 3:39
23. Catwoman Is in Her Element/To the Catmobile*** 2:10
24. Batcave Showdown** 2:24
25. Radioactive Silo Trap**/Bat Anti-Isotope Spray***/Surprise Prison Inspection** 2:46
26. Mass Prison Break** 1:32
27. The Show Must Go On**/Bat TV Two See§ 2:38
28. Bad Batmen*** 2:00
29. One Step Ahead** 2:22
30. Villains Plan*** 3:44
31. Airship Battle** 2:18
32. Farewell Catwoman*** 1:39
33. Classic Batman End Title§ 3:22

Bonus Tracks
34. Gotham Palace TV Theme** 0:21
35. Hector and the Hoedaddies*** 0:21
36. Bedbugs TV Source** 0:53
37. Kitkat Kave Dancing** 0:35
38. Gotham Palace TV Source #2** 0:45
39. Joker Circus*** 0:43
40. Elegant Party Source*** 1:01

Total Album Time: 72:30

* composed by Kristopher Carter
** composed by Michael McCuistion
*** composed by Lolita Ritmanis
§ “Batman Theme” by Neal Hefti, arranged by Kristopher Carter

This movie was such a treat.

If you're gonna watch a movie featuring Batman this year, There's really No contest on what to watch.

I'm watching this now. It's like a modern version of the 60s series, as if how it might have been had it been made today. The animation is first class like modern Batman animated movies. And the cave seems more like the comic cave. It's much larger and has the dinosaur, and the poles are much longer.

Also, did anyone notice he has the more traditional Batsuits on display from the comics with the black and grey and longer ears. It's almost as if he just chooses to wear a 60s -style suit but could easily wear a more advanced version.

And Commissioner Gordon has a mustache like the comics. He doesn't look like the one from the 60s series.

Pure wonderful!
[YT]IdnglNGBz5E[/YT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"