The Dark Knight Rises Adapting Hush

Arnold Wesker

Civilian
Reaction score
Are you people open to the idea of it? I think it'd be agreat way to continue the story. And there is alot of room to deal w/ Bruce's indentity getting out.

I love the idea of Hush, he's very realistic and a great villain, a childhood friend of Bruce's. (and maybe a friend of Rachels?) IMO it's the best story to top what the Joker has done w/o replacing him. I also believe Harvey is dead so I say bring on alot of new characters. Obviously you'd have to leave out alot of the elements like Nightwing and Killer Croc would be hard. Plus its too early for Harley Quinn but I swear you can work around that.

Heres my take.

Batman is looked upon a failure and villain. Gotham Police apoint a special taskforce to stop vigilantes headed by Gordon and Harvey Bullock. To make matters worse, in the wake of the Joker's carnage, a Catburglar has been taking advantage of loose security all over Gotham, robbing museums, jewlery stores, and other High Class citizens. Batman is hot on the trail of the catburglar thanks to mysterious riddles he has been recieving. He is chasing the Catwoman when he falls and fractures his skull.

He somehow awakes on his front steps and Alfred calls Tom Elliot in from Metropolis to perform emergencey surgery. During surgery flashback to Wayne as a child w/ Elliot. Wayne's injurty is blamed on drunk driving and the Wayne Industries board becomes concerned about his erratic behavior. They force him to begin seeing a shrink, Dr. Hugo Strange.

Meanwhile Bruce attends the opera w/ Sylina when he gets a Riddle, Hush appears for the first time, taking the theatre hostage and demanding for Bruce Wayne to show himself. Bruce and Sylina end up sneaking off and coming back as there alteregos and a 3 way fight ensues. Hush escapes and Catwoman bails. Riddler reveals himself, and confronts Hush and tells him he can help him with his Bruce Wayne problem.

Hugo Strange, after a few more sessions w/ Bruce, suspects he is the Batman and begins to dig for evidence. Hugo is working for the board and will do anything to get rid of Wayne, he also hates Batman, bcuz he feels he has a negative effect on the Gotham people's morale. Gordon and Bullock are also closing in on Bats although Gordon does what he can to throw the taskforce off target and protect Batman. Eventually Hugo Strange attacks the catwoman dressed in Batman's suit thinking he will make Batman (who he hates) look even worse, but he is instead defeated and arrested. The taskforce believes they have the real Batman and backs off.

Hush later attacks Batman again by surpsrise thanks to help from the Riddler and hurts him bad before revealing he knows who Batman is. But he then spares Bruce, as if he is toying with him. Bruce tracks down Riddler and finds out Hush is Thomas Elliot. Riddler tells Bats, he has been watching him and knows who he is and he told Hush. He also is the man who saved Bats' life by returning him home after his fall which fractured his skull. Riddler enjoys playing Batman against Hush like a game of chess. Hush is still pissed at Bruce because Bruce's father failed to save Thomas's parents during emergency surgery from a car wreck. He is as disgusted by Wayne's reckless playboy behavior. Riddler also reveals Hush has captured Catwoman and is going to force Bats into a trap.

Batman goes anyway and with Sylina's help fights Hush. Hush gets the better of them and is going to kill Batman when Jim Gordon shows up and shoots Hush, saving Batman. He and Bats have an exchange and Jim hints he knows its Wayne. Batman and Catwoman should then meet up on a rooftop somewhere and they kiss before she takes off into the night and the film ends.

To be honest if Chris Nolan can take the permawhite from the Joker and make him an amazing character there's really no limit on villains anymore.

I never liked the idea of introducing a brand new, never before mentioned "childhood friend" and then making him the big bad guy in your mystery. That's why I still believe that Mr Earle should be Hush, as he has a movie track ecord with Bruce (and cant possibly like him after getting canned in batman Begins).

or an ending where the audience has to decide for themselves who hush really is would be cool, cause in the comics it is never seen that tommy is hush, bruce just assumes it

what if Rachael is Hush? lol

Now you guys are really starting to think more like Nolan does things.

Last edited:
The first thing everyone should focus on when talking villains in B3 is the psychological link. Nolan took the Joker who has a history of being permawhite and adapted him to his world. A major reason it worked so well is b/c of the psychological link to Batman. No link, no villain. For instance the penguin is easily adaptable but where's the psychological link?

I hope Nolan doesn't adapt Hush. I would like to see HUSH done right. And by 'right' I don't mean to insult Mr. Nolan's movies, but let's face it, The Dark Knight was a crime drama. It wasn't so much a comic movie. If HUSH were to be adapted I would want it to be someone who wouldn't **** it up like Schumaker would, but also someone who wouldn't turn it into a real life crime drama. I like what Nolan has done, but after the third movie I hope we get a new Producer/Director to helm the franchise. Then we can talk Hush.

But that's why The Dark Knight worked so well. They didn't go out to make a "superhero film." They made a crime drama that had a superhero in it. If Nolan (or anyone) does Hush, it should be a "Who done it?" mystery.

I really hope DC Comics follows this trend for their other franchises.

Superman-Sci/Fi and Aliens
Wonder Woman-Fantasy and Mythology
Green Lantern-Space Opera (like Star Wars...the first 3 films)
Aquaman-Swashbuckling/High Seas Adventure
Flash-Uhhhhhhhhhhhh... I dunno... there is a lot of ways to do this one.

They seem to be though. Green Arrow is going to be a prison break film...with superheroes and metahumans.

But that's why The Dark Knight worked so well. They didn't go out to make a "superhero film." They made a crime drama that had a superhero in it. If Nolan (or anyone) does Hush, it should be a "Who done it?" mystery.
I told a friend exactly the same thing (well, almost): They made a crime drama with a guy in a bat suit

yes they did, and really i cant see it working as well with another villian. i dont know about yall but i like batman because it is somewhat believable but not because it is totally based in reality. maybe the realism has gone too far

could Mr. Reese work out as Hush?

I also like the idea of Mr. Earle being Hush.

no, i like Arnold Wesker's idea. but ya gotta keep Thomas Eliot as Hush. tho, i wouldn't mind seein Holiday Killer (from TLH)