Adult gamers are "weird" says Today Show hosts.

hahah I love it when people answer questions when they don't know s**t.

Thing is most people gaming in there 30's started with the NES or Atari when they were 8. This hobby just carried forward with them and probably will continue to do so. They think it's weird because when they were in their 30's these games were only just coming out.

Or just come out and mock the women for their ridiculous interests like the celebrity stalking through magazines and sites like TMZ. At least we're somewhat exercising our minds with games, solving problems or puzzles.

you make a good point there. Most of these anchors raises there noses to topics like games and wrestling but turn around shove down our throat what brad and angelina had at a restaraunt the night prior. I will never forget how clueless and uninformed the media came off back in 2007 when benoit killed his family, namely a one nancy grace and fox news.

The thing I have noticed with woman, when they are all huddled in a group together, they basically become very similar to scheming Roman Senators. It's probably the appeal these woman centric type shows.

This is just a way for overburdened middle class people to look down on a certain demographic that can afford more leisure.

I suppose that a person in their mid thirties with a wife, children, and a job like business executive, doctor, lawyer, or something more relevant than what many of us might have definitely won't have any time to spare spending a few hours a night playing video games.

They get up early in the morning, work extended shifts, come home, deal with the family, have supper and than probably have go over work related things and working out their finances.

A lot of middle-class people live beyond their means, there simply is no time for things as trivial as video games.

So they have open contempt for the rest of us losers who can idle away infront of a screen playing make believe.

What makes it any different than a grown person watching sports constantly or any other activity in a frenzy? I guess they view it as too fantasy based.

Talking heads talking **** is nothing new. They're media personalities and they always cater to a specific crowd of people who are mostly ignorant and LCD in terms of the rest of society. The majority of people are clearly more open and accepting of games in general even if specific ones still offend them.

But then these media personalities are often fed their lines or lines of thought to provoke some kind of response in hopes of sparking ratings too so I typically ignore them.

It's like saying all [insert group you intend to offend here] are [insert term here] and that [insert here] is why the country is [insert some dire negative consequence here].

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"