• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Winter Soldier Advance Screening Fan/Critic Reactions - CA:TWS - SPOILERS!!!! BEWARE!!!!! - Part 1

Per Spider-Fan, this thread is reserved for all fan/critic/blogger reactions to the advanced screenings for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER. This is to conglomerate all the social media reactions that will be pouring out starting tonight.

I'll go ahead and say to use spoiler tags (not blackout bars!) for specific details about what is or is not in the movie even though it's a spoiler forum.

how many action scenes are in the film?

some of your favorite character and emotional moments in the film?

how well is the relationship between cap and bucky shown and defined in this film?

what are the easter egg references to the MCU? does it hint to Ultron?

THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS!!

Last edited:
Suzanne78 said:
Minxie, you are a Sebastian fangirl, just like me.

Give to me straight… will us fangirls be happy with his screentime?
I would say yes? I mean for me I can always use more Sebastian screen time and maybe like, one more scene would have been nice lol. But ultimately the scenes he did get were spot on. They made each scene count in a really impactful way. (and I don't think there was any crucial scene missing, I came away from the movie feeling like they hit all the beats they needed to with Bucky's scenes)

I was ESPECIALLY satisfied with the final climactic scene between him and Steve. I can't stop thinking about it. I can't believe I ever worried about what was going to happen (or not happen) lol. I was just typing up a post on my tumblr but I'll reiterate here: I think that ending scene was a great improvement on the comics version of that scene, and I say that as someone who loves the comic.

Last edited:
If anyone doesn't mind answering these questions for me, I'd definitely appreciate it...

1. How many scenes that Steve have with Sharon? And I keep reading about how this film sets them up as future partners, romantic wise. Is that true and do es the film do a good job at it?

2. Do we get to see Captain America actually lead some of the good SHIELD agents against the bad ones?

3. Why doesn't Steve just use his modern day suit in the final battle with Winter Soldier?

Few questions...

How exactly is Doctor Strange referenced? Please don't just say "someone said this and it was awesome" (sorry I know I'm greedy :p)

Can anyone give a definite answer on Quicksilver's hair color?

Is the "big reveal" everyone is talking about just Bucky as Winter Soldier? A lot of reviews are scaring me into another Mandarin situation...

i have heard there isan action scene involving when steve goes to visit peggyand she gets an action moment,i hoped that it wouldnt come off cheesy, does it or not?

do steve and peggy ever have their dance? and is it ever revealed to steve that sharon and peggy are related?

do steve and peggy ever have their dance? and is it ever revealed to steve that sharon and peggy are related?

While I haven't seen it, I can definitely answer the first one..

No they don't. She ends up forgetting their entire conversation when he goes to get her a glass of water and immediately relives the feelings of seeing him again first the first time in over 70 years..again.

If anyone doesn't mind answering these questions for me, I'd definitely appreciate it...

1. How many scenes that Steve have with Sharon? And I keep reading about how this film sets them up as future partners, romantic wise. Is that true and do es the film do a good job at it?
Their longest and most meaningful interaction is a scene at Steve's apartment, before and after [BLACKOUT]the shooting[/BLACKOUT] happens. Steve awkwardly asks her out and it's the cutest :). They don't actually have another scene together after that besides when he walks by her at Shield headquarters. But Sharon gets to do a little bit in the third act which proves she believes in him and really endears her to the audience (my theater clapped a bit over something she says :)) And at the very end Natasha [BLACKOUT]brings her up and again encourages Steve to ask her out and it's even implied she knows her, I think? The audience in my theater loved that moment because it's the first time you hear Sharon's name revealed and everyone was like "oooooh".[/BLACKOUT]

2. Do we get to see Captain America actually lead some of the good SHIELD agents against the bad ones?
A little bit, but probably not exactly what you're hoping for. If you really wanna know [BLACKOUT]he gets control of the intercom system and urges the non-corrupted Shield agents to help him (which is where that Sharon scene I mentioned above happens)[/BLACKOUT]

3. Why doesn't Steve just use his modern day suit in the final battle with Winter Soldier?
From what I remember, he never said outright that it was so that he could potentially help Bucky recognize him. It just felt like that's what he was doing to me because he was thinking about Bucky right before he goes to steal his old uniform. And it also seemed like something symbolic he wanted to do to distinguish himself from Shield, imo.

So could someone please tell us what exactly the alleged
Doctor Strange reference
was?

Oh and are

Agent Sitwell and Senator Sterns
ACTUALLY corrupt, or is it some kind of fake out?

Their longest and most meaningful interaction is a scene at Steve's apartment, before and after [BLACKOUT]the shooting[/BLACKOUT] happens. Steve awkwardly asks her out and it's the cutest :). They don't actually have another scene together after that besides when he walks by her at Shield headquarters. But Sharon gets to do a little bit in the third act which proves she believes in him and really endears her to the audience (my theater clapped a bit over something she says :)) And at the very end Natasha [BLACKOUT]brings her up and again encourages Steve to ask her out and it's even implied she knows her, I think? The audience in my theater loved that moment because it's the first time you hear Sharon's name revealed and everyone was like "oooooh".[/BLACKOUT]

A little bit, but probably not exactly what you're hoping for. If you really wanna know [BLACKOUT]he gets control of the intercom system and urges the non-corrupted Shield agents to help him (which is where that Sharon scene I mentioned above happens)[/BLACKOUT]

From what I remember, he never said outright that it was so that he could potentially help Bucky recognize him. It just felt like that's what he was doing to me because he was thinking about Bucky right before he goes to steal his old uniform. And it also seemed like something symbolic he wanted to do to distinguish himself from Shield, imo.

Thanks for the info. I definitely appreciate it. If it's alright with you, could I ask a few more questions?

1. Is Sharon's interest in Steve shown to be real or is it just a facade that she portrays in order to watch over him?

2. With SHIELD officially done, do we get an idea of what Steve plans on doing after that?

3. Are the events from any of the previous Phase 2 films mentioned?

4. Is Tony Stark ever mentioned, aside from Redford's comment to Fury about wanting Iron Man to appear at his niece's birthday?

5. During the action scenes that take place on the streets, with civilians being caught in the crossfire, do we get a chance to see Steve save some of them from getting hurt as well?

So could someone please tell us what exactly the alleged
Doctor Strange reference
was?

Well, from what I read...

Agent Sitwell mentions him and Bruce Banner when he's talking about monitoring things in regards to potential threats.

Well, from what I read...

Agent Sitwell mentions him and Bruce Banner when he's talking about monitoring things in regards to potential threats.

Huh, that's interesting. That would imply that
Doctor Strange
already has powers by this point. I didn't expect that. I guess that any potential
Doctor Strange movie
would be set BEFORE TWS, unless they're just going to skip the origin story (which I don't think is likely for a more obscure character like this).

One minor question I have is:
What happens with Rumlow at the end? Killed? Escapes with some help? Jail?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I definitely appreciate it. If it's alright with you, could I ask a few more questions?

1. Is Sharon's interest in Steve shown to be real or is it just a facade that she portrays in order to watch over him?

- She does flirt back in a really charming way when he asks her out, but it's sorta unclear if it is an act or not. Later, however it seemed like she felt guilty about spying on him (which comes across in the scene where they walk by each other in the hallway at Shield headquarters). But it is pretty clear that she believes in and respects him a whole lot, which she proves by her actions later in the movie. [BLACKOUT](there's actually two scenes like that, not just in that third act scene I mentioned but also when Pierce announces to everyone that Steve is a fugitive now and she expresses skepticism.)[/BLACKOUT] Imo they did a pretty good job setting her up as his future romantic partner. The vibe I got from Emily's performance was that when she was acting as spy/protector a part of her genuinely liked him and was curious about him, but she was doing her best not to let her personal feelings affect her job.

2. With SHIELD officially done, do we get an idea of what Steve plans on doing after that?

Well his immediate plan is [BLACKOUT]to go looking for Bucky, actually. And Sam is gonna tag along to help. ^___^ I am curious to see if that's mentioned at all in AoU? I guess whatever catastrophe happens with Ultron is gonna temporarily sidetrack Steve from his mission to find Bucky.[/BLACKOUT]

Ermm... I can't remember if they said anything about Iron Man 3 or TDW things? They might have and it just slipped my mind. They only briefly mention The Avengers with a "after what happened in New York" line.

4. Is Tony Stark ever mentioned, aside from Redford's comment to Fury about wanting Iron Man to appear at his niece's birthday?

I think there was an offhand comment involving Stark very early on, when Fury is showing Steve the helicarrier project and the technology powering them. I can't remember exactly but I think Steve asked if the technology came from Stark.

5. During the action scenes that take place on the streets, with civilians being caught in the crossfire, do we get a chance to see Steve save some of them from getting hurt as well?

Hmm, not that I remember? It was such a fast paced, hectic fight that Steve was literally doing all he could just to not get shot throughout it.

- She does flirt back in a really charming way when he asks her out, but it's sorta unclear if it is an act or not. Later, however it seemed like she felt guilty about spying on him (which comes across in the scene where they walk by each other in the hallway at Shield headquarters). But it is pretty clear that she believes in and respects him a whole lot, which she proves by her actions later in the movie. [BLACKOUT](there's actually two scenes like that, not just in that third act scene I mentioned but also when Pierce announces to everyone that Steve is a fugitive now and she expresses skepticism.)[/BLACKOUT] Imo they did a pretty good job setting her up as his future romantic partner. The vibe I got from Emily's performance was that when she was acting as spy/protector a part of her genuinely liked him and was curious about him, but she was doing her best not to let her personal feelings affect her job.

Well his immediate plan is [BLACKOUT]to go looking for Bucky, actually. And Sam is gonna tag along to help. ^___^ I am curious to see if that's mentioned at all in AoU? I guess whatever catastrophe happens with Ultron is gonna temporarily sidetrack Steve from his mission to find Bucky.[/BLACKOUT]

Ermm... I can't remember if they said anything about Iron Man 3 or TDW things? They might have and it just slipped my mind. They only briefly mention The Avengers with a "after what happened in New York" line.

I think there was an offhand comment involving Stark very early on, when Fury is showing Steve the helicarrier project and the technology powering them. I can't remember exactly but I think Steve asked if the technology came from Stark.

Hmm, not that I remember? It was such a fast paced, hectic fight that Steve was literally doing all he could just to not get shot throughout it.

Thanks a million for answering those questions. I definitely appreciate it.

I kind of find it ironic, in a poetic justice type of way, that Steve is the catalyst for bringing down SHIELD when he was the catalyst for creating it in the first place.

I'm actually wondering on how he's going to be able to operate given that he has no money, supposedly, to use in order to fund any operation.

I kind of find it ironic, in a poetic justice type of way, that Steve is the catalyst for bringing down SHIELD when he was the catalyst for creating it in the first place.

I'm actually wondering on how he's going to be able to operate given that he has no money, supposedly, to use in order to fund any operation.
Two words: Tony Stark

Well, he could always get the civilian job he had in the comics, as a commercial artist.

From the early reviews and screenings, it seems like the biggest questions going forward are:
1. What happens with CA now that SHIELD is gone and he's off to find Bucky?
2. With SHIELD gone, who takes over their mission and what happens to the actually good people who work there?
3. Where does SHIELD folding put the Avengers?
Those are some tough questions that Whedon will have to answer in Agents of SHIELD and Age of Ultron.

Last edited:
Awesome spoilers and tweet reactions,Can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"