The Winter Soldier Advance Screening Fan/Critic Reactions - CA:TWS - SPOILERS!!!! BEWARE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzanne78

Superhero
Reaction score
Per Spider-Fan, this thread is reserved for all fan/critic/blogger reactions to the advanced screenings for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER. This is to conglomerate all the social media reactions that will be pouring out starting tonight.

I'll go ahead and say to use spoiler tags (not blackout bars!) for specific details about what is or is not in the movie even though it's a spoiler forum.

I'm going to be fair to you guys. I will put SPOILER in the title, so you guys can discuss the movie more freely here BUT TAGS APPLY EVERYWHERE ELSE!!!

As for spoiler forum, we don't have a non-spoiler/spoiler forum anymore. We did away with seperating them. Everything is 1 forum now. But, I'll put it in the thread title so people know.

Okay, you guys are set. Feel free in this thread! The warning is in the title :)

Here's the first trickling in:

Bobbie Seacrist ‏@rebelfoodie 1m
Winter Soldier was freaking amazing. You need to go see it!!!? #CaptainAmericaEvent

Dawn ‏@bloggingmomof4 1m
Loved the introduction of Falcon in the movie! #captainamericaevent
And:
Dawn ‏@bloggingmomof4 5m
Captain America Winter Soldier was every bit as awesome as I thought it'd be! Amazing! #CaptainAmericaEvent

Deanna, mommyGAGA ‏@Mommy_Gaga 1m
Captain America: The Winter Soldier had me at the edge of my seat! Great action film, @Marvel does it again! #CaptainAmericaEvent

More coming in:

Making of a Mom ‏@Making_of_a_Mom 43s
Just finished watching #captainamerica. It was intense! Definitely PG-13 for a reason. #CaptainAmericaEvent

Checking various hashtags for more complete thorough reaction roundup!

Heidi Gray ‏@savemrespendles 28s
Great movie buyer definitely PG13 #CaptainAmericaEvent #CaptainAmericaTheWinterSoldier

Like I said, the first tweets are most definitely family-oriented, thrifty shopper-types who also blog product reviews and I think are affiliated with Disney in some capacity.

:woot: loving the reactions glad people are enjoying it.

Tiffany Cruz ‏@_TiffanyJCruz 22s
I thoroughly enjoyed Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Comes out 4-4 #captainamericaevent

I think she's a movie blogger? I need to double check. -- NM, momma blogger (I need to follow more of them LOL!)

Matt Blum ‏@cerebus19 41s
Wow. Captain America: TWS is great. One of the best action films I've seen in ages, maybe ever. You want to see this. #CaptainAmericaEvent

Sherry ‏@FamLuvStuff 34s
Captain America the winter soldier is totally amazing!!! #CaptainAmericaEvent

THE KING OF MOVIES! ‏@TheKingMarchio 46s
The 2 POST CREDIT scenes in Captain America 2 set up Age of Ultron perfectly. I can't wait.

Eric Eisenberg (from CinemaBlend) ‏@eeisenberg 59s
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is absolutely incredible. Best action in a Marvel solo movie and perhaps the best of them all - around.

DoDomesticDad ‏@dodomesticdad 1m
#CaptainAmerica Winter Soldier was spectacular! Two Big Thumbs Up!!! #CaptainAmericaEvent

Last edited:
All these tweets from these ladies make it seem like this screening was held at a soccer mom convention.

Why are they all self-proclaimed mommies and daddies? I thought this was a press screening.

Here's some more:

Giveaway Bandit ‏@GiveawayBandit 5m
Who's your favorite #CaptainAmerica character? I'm loving black widow #CaptainAmericaEvent

This screening was very female/family blogger heavy, so yeah, expect a lot of that. But since these "soccer moms" have thousands upon thousands of followers, this is great publicity for CA:TWS, especially to shore up female and family viewers of the GA.

So… don't count out us soccer moms!

Why are they all self-proclaimed mommies and daddies? I thought this was a press screening.

They're Disney-affiliated product reviewers and parenting life bloggers, from what I can gather. Like I said above, lots of followers, tons of exposure beyond the male quadrant.

Right now the only critic who's talking is the guy from Cinemablend. ColliderFrosty may not say anything outright until the embargo's lifted. So…

Vanessa -QueenofSwag ‏@queenofswag4u 3m
@CaptainAmerica the winter soldier is the most #epic movie of #phase2 @marvel #CaptainAmericaEvent #CaptainAmerica

This guy's from Buzzfeed:

Jarett Wieselman ‏@JarettSays 40s
Really liked Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Proves Joss isn't only 1 in Marvel's arsenal who can craft a compelling/fresh female char

And colliderfrosty!!
steven weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty 5m
the captain america sequel blew me away. Movie has a fantastic script, amazing action, and great character moments. Just about perfect.

Jeremy Smith ‏@mrbeaks 7m

Marvel Studios gets Captain America better than any of their other heroes. THE WINTER SOLDIER is terrific.

I respect his reviews so this is a huge plus for me.

From a Brian Gallagher of MovieWeb:

Brian Gallagher ‏@GallagherMW 3m
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER is just phenomenal, in so many ways. Believe the hype, and prepare for so much more!

GeekDad ‏@GeekDads 50s
Can't post a full review of Captain America: TWS for a while, but it's a brilliant action and Marvel universe film. #CaptainAmericaEvent

I believe he's on CBM, but I have to double check -- No, but movie blogger.

PJ Campbell ‏@pj_campbell 11m
‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ is Marvel’s best movie to date. You thought the trailers were great? You ain’t seen nothing yet.

One more from him:

PJ Campbell ‏@pj_campbell 6m
There a reason the Russo Brothers are being brought back for ‘Captain America 3’, guys. They get the world and the characters perfectly.

EEEEEE!! Jenna Busch loved it!

JennaBusch ‏@JennaBusch 7m
Holy frakking crap, #CaptainAmerica #thewintersoldier ROCKED! My favorite #Marvel movie so far!!!

Trippin With Tara ‏@tasalinas 9m
How is it @Marvel out does themselves each time. #CaptainAmerica was fantastic! #CaptainAmericaEvent #Marvel

Deanna, mommyGAGA ‏@Mommy_Gaga 2m
Loved Scar Jo's character, Natasha. She's badass, watch out! #CaptainAmericaEvent

Jeffrey Oslin ‏@JeffreyOslin 1m
Best MCU film ever, beat CBM ever!!! This film will destroy you. The Red, White and Blue Knight Returns!!! #captainamericaevent

Last edited:
Now I'm wondering if I should skip work on the 4th of April to see this movie. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"