Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. After Credits - The Post-Credits Sequences

Supermanreturns

Civilian
Reaction score
After Nick Fury last week's episode, producer Jeffrey Bell confirms Post-Credits Sequence Every Episode.

“Part of our storytelling on this show is going to be a tag every week. We need people to know about that,” Bell explained. “The show ends, the S.H.I.E.L.D. eagle comes up, there are nine hours of commercials because it’s TV, and then before we go to the next show, we’re almost always going to have another minute, minute and a half of something, and those will be different from week to week.”
Cameo Agents Of SHIELDOf course, most shows do that to some extent but, in keeping with the traditions of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Bell said the showrunners on S.H.I.E.L.D. are looking to go the extra mile.
He added, “One of the things we want people to know is, ‘Stick around for the tag.’ Having a special one like we did early is also to tell you, ‘Pay attention to that.’ I know when Iron Man did that after all the credits, a lot of the people left and didn’t know they should have stayed. Now you watch a Marvel movie, and everybody stays until the end. We’re going to be doing that, and we want people to know. Sometimes it’ll be funny, sometimes it’ll be a mythology thing, sometimes it’ll be a self-contained thing, or an extra little reveal about something that was in the episode.”

(Source: Comicbook.com )

original.gif

that's what I wanted

Hopefully we have one that's a call back to the shawarma stinger from The Avengers.

I think there's an interesting psychological effect going on here. If you cut the regular episode slightly shorter, then use that time for an extra bonus scene after the closing logo -- you feel like you're getting a little something extra, even though it's actually (presumably) the same amount of content that it would be if you placed that scene before the closing logo.

I dread the the day when marketing gurus or studio execs realize this, and decide to start replicating the effect for every single show on TV...

There's apparently an audio cue telling you that there's more to come as the closing SHIELD symbol pops up, too.

Also, calling them "post-credits sequences" is kinda inaccurate (at least for me in Canada, where they run them before the credits). I think we should call team "SHIELD Tags", since they come after the eagle emblem that technically ends the episode.

Last edited:
They are basically doing "episode trailers" in the credits or credits slot. Not unheard of. Infact, Justice League Unlimited did this for part of Season 1 and all of Season 2, showing glimpses of the action from the next episode.

Hopefully we have one that's a call back to the shawarma stinger from The Avengers.

Have this team do the exact same thing after defeating Graviton in the season finale.

(Well, after doing something that leads into CATWS. Then shawarma.)

What I really want to see is everything tying into the plot of the show, with the exception of one leading to the events of TTDW and the final few episodes alluding to the events of CATWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"